Where is the info about the sick RCCL ship?

tigercat

I thought I saw some news about a RCCL ship that had to stop it's cruise. I have been trying to see the story here on CC but can't find anything. If this had been a Carnival ship there would have been a number of stories and updates.

How bad is it? The only thing I could find was a lot of people were really sick. How short was the cruise? What are they offering? Where are the news crews asking people how unhappy they are?

tigercat

I thought I saw some news about a RCCL ship that had to stop it's cruise. I have been trying to see the story here on CC but can't find anything. If this had been a Carnival ship there would have been a number of stories and updates.

How bad is it? The only thing I could find was a lot of people were really sick. How short was the cruise? What are they offering? Where are the news crews asking people how unhappy they are?

tigercat

Its on the RC board. ;)

It was a headline on CNN for a couple of days. Sunday and Monday I believe. I saw on the national news(NBC) a blurb about it too. They talked with a couple of passengers. There is also a news story here on Cruise Critic in the news section. It is just not a headline anymore. It is just two days later and it isn't big news anymore.

I guess we have been cruising too many years to get overly upset about the RCI Explorer of the Seas situation. More then likely, after all kinds of investigation, it will be written-off as one more cruise ship that had an outbreak of Norovirus. Frequent cruisers and those who are often on CC have heard this many times before. It is a very unfortunate event, but is just something that will happen, from time to time, on any ship. There is little the ship can do other then quarantine those who are sick and clean, clean, clean, Given the length of the cruise and how fast the infection developed it is likely just another situation where one or more passengers (or crew) brought the virus onboard and it quickly spread among other passengers and crew. The reality is that nobody has a good solution to this kind of thing, but there are always the usual news stories and publicity of a an intestinal outbreak. When the same thing happens at any large University, it will be mentioned (maybe) in the local newspaper and quickly forgotten. But if anything happens on a cruise ship it quickly captures the attention of many national and international news companies.

Hank

You can't say that CC is not reporting it - go to their NEWS section. They published articles on it 3 times, on 1/24, 1/28 and today 1/29. Your statement that "If this had been a Carnival ship there would have been a number of stories and updates" is just wrong - they certainly have been reporting it. In addition, there are multiple threads with detailed commentary on the RCI board.

Edited by Kartgv

Since everything that is bad that happens on Carnival is front page news here on CC I figured that this would be the same but I was wrong. Thank you I did look up the little bit of information that is in the News section of CC and I have read it.

I feel sorry for all the people that had to go through this. You pay and wait for your vacation and then something like this happens. Especially the one's who were affected and ended up sick. I would hate to have waited all year for my special vacation to end of being so sick I couldn't leave my room. Hopefully the compensation will help them all to have another vacation that they really enjoy.

And yes it can and does happen to all ships.

tigercat

Seems like many of the people on CC have no idea that Google exists or how to use it efficiently.

DON

lol...ironically, I was picking up mu son at his daycare, and he told me he wanted to go on some water slide. I asked what water slide. He showed me a picture of one of his classmates on a water slide from his vacation. I asked the child in question (age 5) where he went on that water slide. He shrugged and said, I think it was in Florida, but you can google it!

We are getting quickly left behind by our children...