Anyone have pictures of the Solstice Class 2D obstructed view balcony's?

A Sixth?

I know that the 2D deck six balcony's are overlooking the tops of the life boats.

Anyone have a picture of the view? 6184, 6188 and 6192 are the ones I'm looking at

This on the Celebrity web site:

2C Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms have partially obstructed veranda views, and 2D Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms have obstructed veranda views

Edited by A Sixth?

We were in a partially obstructed on Eclipse last April. It wasn't bad. Looking out was clear and down was the top of a lifeboat. That said, the fully obstructed room next to us was looking into the side of a larger lifeboat. I'm not sure they could have seen water from a seated position. At least, that is how I remember it.

We were in a partially obstructed on Eclipse last April. It wasn't bad. Looking out was clear and down was the top of a lifeboat. That said, the fully obstructed room next to us was looking into the side of a larger lifeboat. I'm not sure they could have seen water from a seated position. At least, that is how I remember it.

That's kinda how the TA describe it... sure be nice to see a pic

Here you go. Not a photo of the view from the cabin, but a view of the ship from the water. You can line up the photo with the deck plan found on the X site to see the amount of obstruction for a particular cabin. The photo is of the starboard side, but ship is symmetrical so cabin location should also work for the port side. Andreas Depping is credited with the photo; he did a great job.

In general the 2C's have lifeboats/tenders that rise to the floor level of your balcony, the 2D's have lifeboats/tenders that rise to about waist high of an average sized adult. There is some variety within the 2C's and 2D's - but this is a pretty good rule of thumb.

This is 6210 on Solstice. It has the extra large balcony, and I would guess that it is one of the less obstructed 2D's, since you only have part of the tender and the post in the way.

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01766.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

This is 6210 on Solstice. It has the extra large balcony, and I would guess that it is one of the less obstructed 2D's, since you only have part of the tender and the post in the way.

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01766.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

Thanks, gives me an idea on how obstructed the view could be... anyone else with more pcs>

Here are some I took while on a Cabin Crawl on the Solstice. These are of cabin 6188.

Garry

Looking straight ahead

r0shnd.jpg

Looking to the right

jkk0uu.jpg

Looking to the left

29zr02c.jpg

Terrific shots, thanks.

Did you "mind" the life boat or did it blend in after awhile?

Terrific shots, thanks.

Did you "mind" the life boat or did it blend in after awhile?

I took these pictures while on a cabin crawl. I've never stayed in this cabin, nor to I intend to. I think the lifeboats would really bother me since I can spend hours sitting out on the veranda reading a book and staring out to sea.:rolleyes:

Garry

Here are some I took while on a Cabin Crawl on the Solstice. These are of cabin 6188.

Garry

Looking straight ahead

r0shnd.jpg

Looking to the right

jkk0uu.jpg

Looking to the left

29zr02c.jpg

My husband and I sailed in cabin 6190 on the Solstice. Our cabin balcony was directly in the center of the two white lifeboat struts so we were able to actually see down to the water. I believe the cabins that are between the struts are every 10 cabin numbers. 6180, 6190, etc. as well as the cabins on the port side as well.

This year we booked a 2C category cabin that is on the back of the hump. There is just a small boat below our balcony. I'm interested in seeing if this cabin has less of an obstruction than the 2D we previously had. I hope so.

My husband and I sailed in cabin 6190 on the Solstice. Our cabin balcony was directly in the center of the two white lifeboat struts so we were able to actually see down to the water. I believe the cabins that are between the struts are every 10 cabin numbers. 6180, 6190, etc. as well as the cabins on the port side as well.

This year we booked a 2C category cabin that is on the back of the hump. There is just a small boat below our balcony. I'm interested in seeing if this cabin has less of an obstruction than the 2D we previously had. I hope so.

Great info.

DQOTD are ALL Solstice Class ships life boat / 2D cabins placed at the same locations?

You know what I mean... if 6188 looks at the side of a life boat and 6190 is kinda between on the Solstice, if you were on any other of the sister ships the same would be true.

Edited by A Sixth?

• 2 weeks later...

6190 Booked!

Normally I'd go for a CC but the got a $600.00 discount over a GTY Balcony and over a Grand cheaper than CC.

Edited by A Sixth?

6190 Booked!

Normally I'd go for a CC but the got a $600.00 discount over a GTY Balcony and over a Grand cheaper than CC.

Congratulations on booking 6190! I hope you enjoy the cabin location and balcony as much as we did. It is definitely one of the least obstructed cabins in the 2D category.

Congratulations on booking 6190! I hope you enjoy the cabin location and balcony as much as we did. It is definitely one of the least obstructed cabins in the 2D category.

Thanks... Like I said, our first "life boat view ever" but at over a grand cheaper (and with prepaid grats and a dinner at the extra charge restaurant) decided to go new years eve on the Eclipse in 6190.

Edited by A Sixth?

• 2 weeks later...

I have typically shied away from "obstructed views"...

But, for my upcoming Eclipse cruise, I jumped on #6209 (the mirror-cabin of #6210 in emo's photos)...

The BIG trade-off for the obstruction here is the EXTREMELY large balcony size...

Since it is in the second position on the hump, the balcony is about two and a half times the size of a standard balcony...

I figure that--and the lower price--is a fair trade-off for the obstruction--which, as everyone has noticed, does not cover the entire width of the balcony...

The question was whether I could accept the obstruction in trade for all of that extra space...

Edited by Bruin Steve

Gulp...I posted to this thread in January and never posted the link. :o Here's a photo of one side of one of the S-Class ships. Since the ships are symmetrical and most of the S-Class ships are the same, this photo should show the amount of obstruction on Deck 6 on either port or starboard. You can slide the photo to see the rear, middle, and front of the ship. Thanks to Andreas Depping.

http://web8.506.bces.de/cruise_xxl/displayimage.php?album=48&pos=0

Does anyone know about 6183 on the Equinox? I've had a look at the deckplan based on the info in this thread and it seems to me that we will have a lifeboat directly in front of us - not that I won't have a brilliant time anyway!

Lesley

Hi Lesley

We will be in Equinox 6181 in June which is right next door to the one you have booked for March. Will be very curious as to what you find out :)

Hi Lesley

We will be in Equinox 6181 in June which is right next door to the one you have booked for March. Will be very curious as to what you find out :)

Hi Mimbecky, I'll be sure to post back with the info! Hopefully it won't be too intrusive...

We fly out a week from today! :D

Lesley