No more $5 Match Play (platinum)

I just got off the Enchantment and the C&A discounts are now on the sea pass card. I am not sure about the other levels but for at least Platinum the match play has been eliminated and replaced with a 20% discount on a tournament. This is somewhat disappointing given that the tournaments we tried to sign up for did not have enough people. Se la vie I guess, but just figured I would share the info.

I just got off the Enchantment and the C&A discounts are now on the sea pass card. I am not sure about the other levels but for at least Platinum the match play has been eliminated and replaced with a 20% discount on a tournament. This is somewhat disappointing given that the tournaments we tried to sign up for did not have enough people. Se la vie I guess, but just figured I would share the info.

Maybe they did it different on the Enchantment but on the Liberty all the tournaments ran regardless of the number of people. The number of people was only used to determine if they would give away the free cruise. If they did not get the number of people they gave 1'st, 2'nd and 3'rd place finishers cash prizes instead which IMO was a lot better.

That's a downer for sure. That coupon is one that my wife and I look forward to using each cruise.

The coupons are quickly becoming insignificant. When we started cruising, our Gold status gave us a free drink. Now they're mostly BOGO. Pretty sad.

Scott