Premier Parking Ventures

csaeroach

Just wondering if anyone has ever used Premier Parking Ventures near the Miami Cruise Port? They are listing their parking prices at $7 per day which is much cheaper then the Miami Cruise Port which is $20 per day. Looking for someone who has used this company and would recommend them? Says on their website parking is in a locked and secure area, just would like to hear your comments before I book this reservation online ...

thanks!

If you search these boards you will find a mixed bag of reviews - some very good, some very bad, with not much in the middle - for Premier. :confused: As I understand it, they are just a booking agency who will then assign you to a nearby Miami parking lot - some of those lots may be well run, and others not so well run which explains the variety of reviews - they do not actually own a parking facility in Miami.

Security of your car is an issue in many parts of Miami :(, just as with many other big cities in the US - parking at POM costs $20/day but is convenient, covered and secure. You need to decide if the savings are worth it. Good luck! :)

• 4 weeks later...

They are horrible! I just used them and it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. We arrived in Miami at noon and they told us the lot was full and we were not going to get our money back. After fighting with them for an hour we were able to park our car. We worried for our entire trip that our car would be towed. I would rather pay the expensive port parking then to ever park here again.:mad:

They are an "information service" that charges you, retains a commission, and forwards the remainder to their local affiliate in Miami. They disclaim all responsibility for any problems that arise between you and the local affiliate.

• 2 weeks later...
They are horrible! I just used them and it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. We arrived in Miami at noon and they told us the lot was full and we were not going to get our money back. After fighting with them for an hour we were able to park our car. We worried for our entire trip that our car would be towed. I would rather pay the expensive port parking then to ever park here again.:mad:

This company is not even register to do business in the State of Florida,please check for yourself,has been dissolved as of Jan 2010 as a Fictious Company,they are out of Tampa ,do not have proper license to Operate in the City of Miami nor do they have a Permit to conduct business at the Port of Miami,they have used at least 4 different locations within the last 3 months.They should not be confused with Premier Cruise Parking which operates a parking garage 1 mile from the Port of Miami,it is register in the State and has their own shuttles, their own employees and has a Permit to operate in the Port of Miami.You should contact the Florida Attorney General Office or the Comsumer Division and file a complaint as this people are a complete farce and are giving a very bad reputation to the Parking industry

• 2 months later...

I just got off the Allure of the Seas today. Unfortunately, I chose these clowns for parking too!

Getting picked up last Sunday was a disaster. After trying to find the "business" for an hour, I called the 800 # on my confirmation only to be told that "I'm in Tampa, I don't know where you need to go". So, I call another #, no answer, then another #. A gentleman asnwers and tells me to park at "Karu". This place looked like a seedy strip club with about 20 cars parked in a gated lot and broken Corona bottles. Ok, so we pull in and wait for 20 minutes for the "shuttle".... nothing happens. I call back and within 10 minutes, a lady showed up in her personal SUV. We got dropped off.

The real drama started this morning when I tried to reach them at 7am. Voicemail box was FULL!!!!!!!!!! I called a 3rd #. Got the shuttle bus driver... bingo, right? NO, not at all. This idiot tells me that I cannot get picked up unless I have the yellow smiley face stickers he gave us (4 ladies- me, my mom, and 2 daughters) when he dropped us off. I tried so many times to politely explain to him that HE did not drop us off, a lady did in her personal vehicle and she NEVER mentioned stickers. He said, "NOPE! I dropped you off and I did give them to you...." Then he hung up on me and would NOT answer when I repeatedly called back. This was unbelievable!

I called the 800# again and someone answered. WHEW! I explained what happened and he apologized, sent the idiot to pick us up and off we go, but not until I gave him a piece of my mind. There was another couple in the van with us who had the same complaints.

THIS COMPANY IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY. USE SOMEONE ELSE!

I plan to post this on every website I can find!

Just wondering if anyone has ever used Premier Parking Ventures near the Miami Cruise Port? They are listing their parking prices at $7 per day which is much cheaper then the Miami Cruise Port which is $20 per day. Looking for someone who has used this company and would recommend them? Says on their website parking is in a locked and secure area, just would like to hear your comments before I book this reservation online ...

thanks!

Read Diane&4girls post. This seems like a very shady and disorganised operation.

• 1 month later...

I was given 2 free days of parking for Ft. Lauderdale due to the shuttle driver passing away when we returned and not having anyone to pick us up. Although I was reluctant to re-use Premier I appreciated their willingness and effort to make things right. I recently used the service again and found a much improved operation. The lot was clean, still gated and secured and new shuttle operation was great. I noticed multiple shuttles and saw many others wearing the yellow stickers when we returned. It seems this company has made big changes in Ft. Lauderdale. I also was happy to see that there was a new toll free number which was answered by a helpful woman on the other line.

Erich Dahlia.

I have just reserved with Premier Parking in Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades), and the process seemed very smooth and professional. Then I read those two angry reviews and was horrified. Can anyone else verify that Premier has cleaned up their act? I would really like some reassurance! Thanks! FSU Super

Nooo--I think that says it all! I have already cancelled my reservation, but--just out of curiosity--what lot were you in? We had been assigned to "Karu of Fort Lauderdale, right next to the Holiday Inn Express." It is supposed to be gated and locked. Is that the same one? FSU Super

• 2 months later...

This operation is a joke a Mickey Mouse operation and I don't mean Walt Disney.had such a bad experience with these clowns I joined cruise critic to save people the stress of dealing with them what ever you need to do just park some were else don't worry about spending a few more bucks I'm very cheap and I would pay double to avoid my experience with Premier Parking

• 3 weeks later...

I had booked with Premier Parking Ventures in Miami before I read these comments, 5 weeks ago. After reading them I was really worried at what I had got myself into. I have just returned from my cruise on Carnival Liberty to Eastern Caribbean and thought I would write in and give my analysis.

The cost for the week was $68.35 Saturday to Saturday, I had zero trouble finding the lot (811 NW 1st Court, Miami, FL 33136) The booking confirmation directions were unmissable, anyone not being able to find this must have zero sense of direction and shouldn't be driving a motor vehicle. There were plenty of other fellow cruisers using the parking. There was a tent set up to register and the transport was there waiting to take us to the cruise terminal. We were given a sticker on leaving the transport at the dock to show on our return.

On our return there were 4 cruise ships disembarking so things were a bit crazy but it took us 5 minutes to find our pickup point and a further 5 minutes before we were on a transport back to the parking lot. When we got there the registration tent was pitched there again and another group of cruisers were registering without issue, we jumped in our car and left, 400 yards and we were back on the Interstate 95.

All in all a very painless experience and one which I would have no problem in doing again.

Kentonmag,

I am one of the ones that had a hard time finding the parking lot. I guess it as because there was no address on the nightclub and I wasn't expecting to park at a nightclub. I was looking for a parking lot with a clearly posted address.... I happen to have a wonderful sense of direction and never ever get lost. No need to criticize those of us that had issues with this company. Clearly thay are trying to improve but for many of us, it's too late.

Diane

After reading all of the comments after booking Premier parking ventures, as I said I was very concerned. After using them I can only express what I felt was really good service. You made a statement that you would sour their name "on every website I can find" All I am saying is that my experience was of a positive nature.

Another thing is I don't recall seeing a nightclub anywhere near the parking lot so maybe the lot has changed location to the one you parked at earlier in the year. That being the case this lot maybe much easier to find, these are the directions I was sent, via email with my ticket confirmation, and it was just impossible to miss the lot.

Directions

From I-95

- Take exit 3B for NW 8th St toward Port of Miami/Orange Bowl

- Turn left onto NW8th St

- Look for Lot #58 on the left hand side

It's was about 600 yds on the left hand side after you make the left turn off the 3B exit from the I-95. And it's only 400 yds back to the north on-ramp of the I-95.

Diane

After reading all of the comments after booking Premier parking ventures, as I said I was very concerned. After using them I can only express what I felt was really good service. You made a statement that you would sour their name "on every website I can find" All I am saying is that my experience was of a positive nature.

Another thing is I don't recall seeing a nightclub anywhere near the parking lot so maybe the lot has changed location to the one you parked at earlier in the year. That being the case this lot maybe much easier to find, these are the directions I was sent, via email with my ticket confirmation, and it was just impossible to miss the lot.

Directions

From I-95

- Take exit 3B for NW 8th St toward Port of Miami/Orange Bowl

- Turn left onto NW8th St

- Look for Lot #58 on the left hand side

It's was about 600 yds on the left hand side after you make the left turn off the 3B exit from the I-95. And it's only 400 yds back to the north on-ramp of the I-95.

This isn't the same address I was sent. We parked at Club Karu at 1000 SR 84. Had they just said to park behind the yellow building with the broken beer bottles in the parking lot, it may have been easier to find.

The Original Post was for Port of Miami but somewhere through the postings it changed to Fort Lauderdale and I thought about asking you on your last reply whether you mean't Port of Miami or FLL.

Anyway if you are ever going out of P of M, it maybe worth thinking about, my experience was of a positive nature.

Oh, you know... I never said anything about the Port of Miami. I only dealt with them in FLL, not Miami. I really can't say where their lot is in Miami. No experience there.

Hi - The lot is not a covered so yes it will be subject to sunlight. I am led to believe that the lot has 24 hour security, but I have no proof of that as I parked my car and then came back to it. Nothing was missing and I'm sure the parking lot has attendants and shuttles there daily, every day a cruise ship is departing. Overall it seemed a proffessionaly run operation.

I have attached another review that I had used when I originally made my choice, this review has a link directly to the Premier Website.

http://dmbtravelertnt.blogspot.com/2011/03/port-of-miami-cruise-ship-parking.html

Can you tell me what the lot was like? Is it covered or is your vehicle in the direct sun? Did you feel it was secure? Thanks

• 1 year later...

Used them on my last cruise. 3/22/13 The lot is in a terrible part of town, directions are horrible. If you call the listed phone number it picks up and says the mailbox is full. Once I stumbled upon the location it wasn't a garage but a open lot. It started to rain but no covered area for shelter. The vans never showed up so I tried to call a cab, no luck. Finally the vans showed up completely unorganized and people arguing drivers that barely speak English. Loaded the van with 16 people completely unsafe and a complete stress and horrible way to begin a vacation. THEN when ship returned they never showed up so I called a cab cost me an additional $20 fare, thank goodness my car wasn't stolen. never again this company is simply awful.

• 2 months later...

Do not use this company. I booked with this company out of the port of Miami thinking that since it was a national company they would be good to use since I have had bad experiences before. I booked on line and when we got to the lot we had to take our own luggage out of the car and pull it through the parking lot to wait for the van. While we were being dropped off another family got on the shuttle saying they had been waiting for ever. I should have known then but I was to excited for my cruise. When we returned from our trip I did what I was told called when I was outside with my luggage and was told that we would be picked up in 20 minutes. I said ok no problem. After 30 minutes I tried calling again and no answer so I tried back a few more times and I kept getting sent to voicemail. My boyfriend then called from his phone and surprise it was a different number they answered. He was now told 45 minutes and they only have 1 shuttle. I then called the 800 number they tell you to call if you are not happy with their service. The customer service reps response to me was well you are not paying for the shuttle you are paying for the parking and I can dispute it with my credit card company if I would like. With that we met two other couples that were in the same position and followed the exact same steps we took. We then decided that if we ever wanted to get out of the port we just needed to take a cab back to the lot. When we got there the shuttle was still at the lot which meant it had never left and was only interested in showing good customer service to the people getting on the ships. Well wait until they get off and want to get back to their cars.

Edited by Roxy1008