diamonds international free charms

cruisinCLT

I went to the shopiing site and I'm wondering if this is worth the almost $40.00(free shipping). I think it is really cute and would love to have some of those charms, but don't know if its worth the money or not. Can anyone tell me? Worth it or not? Also silver or gold, which would be better? Thanks, kmbb

They only come in gold colour... they're of no monetary value, but cute!!

You won't get a charm at the first port because you'll get your charm bracelet and the list of ports on a piece of white paper....

When we were in Belize (I think it was) we got the charm bracelet and asked abt the Belize charm. The salesman said we couldn't get it free that trip but if we wanted to buy it for $5 we could and he pointed me toward the window. I was waiting my turn at the window when the salesman came back up to me with the charm....for free......nice guy!

i certainly wouldn't pay $40 for one of them. i did pay $5 for the st. thomas one.

personally, my favorite freebie is the tanzanite necklace i got. the chain is silver - stone is not spectacular, but it is pretty. i didn't take any bling with me on our last cruise, so i wore the free necklace & earrings that i got in port when it was time to dress up. the earrings were pretty pale, but still look fine.

;) I didnt realize about the bracelet and charms until we had already sailed from Nassau. But I have my bracelet and charms from St Martin and St Thomas. Now I will say the bracelet did tarnish the first time I wore it.:( But the charms still look shiny and gold. I have actually removed them to another bracelet because they remind me of a wonderful time on my first cruise on the AWESOME GLORY . I hope to pick up other charms when we again sail on the glory in Feb 2009 to Belize, Costa Maya, Nassau, and Cozemel. I am counting the days until we sail again. I really like my little charms. Like I said, they remind me a a wonderful time.

God Bless.

Connie;)

I went to the shopiing site and I'm wondering if this is worth the almost $40.00(free shipping). I think it is really cute and would love to have some of those charms, but don't know if its worth the money or not. Can anyone tell me? Worth it or not? Also silver or gold, which would be better? Thanks, kmbb

$40? No way.

I didn't start my collection until my last port on my eastern cruise (Nassau). The bracelet is free at the first port, but to get the charm is $5. After that, you get the charm for free.

The fun in it isn't the monetary value, but the hunt. It's just a thing to collect, nothing more. I'll take mine on my cruise in October to collect the new charms. All it really is is another excuse to visit ports I've never been to. The only ones I would pay for are for ports I've been to and don't see myself going to for a while (Costa Maya :().

I didn't visit the website, but Diamond International now does the same thing in Alaska. We got the bracelet in Juneau, and I think about 3 charms at different stores. There were four of us, so each of my granddaughters got a cute little souvenir from Alaska. They aren't real gold or diamonds, but for a child they don't care.

I started to collect them when they started this about 2 years or so ago. We got quite a few of them. But I knew that we wouldn't be hitting all the ports listed there. So since It was to a gift for our neighbor girl next door -- I just gave it her with about 10 charms on it. She loved it.

Yes, they are "junk jewelry", but I collect them for the memory value.

Now if I could just get the charms to attach to the bracelet. Is there a trick to it? I find that the attachment clasp does not open wide enough to allow me to hook it onto a bracelet link.

Yes, they are "junk jewelry", but I collect them for the memory value.

Now if I could just get the charms to attach to the bracelet. Is there a trick to it? I find that the attachment clasp does not open wide enough to allow me to hook it onto a bracelet link.

And I thought I was the only one having trouble getting those clasps to open far enough. Thank you for your comment!

Dianne

Last summer when we went to Alaska I went ahead got all the charms from each port plus the bracelet. In February when we go to Mexico I will pick up the charms for those port as well. I know they are cheap but it memories of being in those places. Probably won't make it back to them so it is nice to have the charms. We don't do the excursions but do tour the towns for their history.

Just thought I would put in my two cents worth.

i get them....gives me something to do..........we had 1....on the last cruise, i got another card and got a 2nd bracelet so i started over.........i never had them ask.........a couple times i showed them both cards.....said one was mom's and she was on the ship (which it is, and she was)...no prob.

not good stuff by any means, but like i said....if i have time to kill, i just go get the charm....(my favorite word is FREE!)

does anyone take advantage of this offer at each port?

Don't waste your time with these, and I would advise you not to buy at Diamonds International.

If there are any talks on board by this company, attend if you wish, but don't get carried away.

It is more than likely that your local jeweller will give you a better deal than D.I.

john

Certainly not worth the time or effort to get one of these. Just another cheap souvenier.

Beauty (and value) is in the eye of the beholder.

I remember standing in line on a ship to get to the purser's desk. A couple of passengers came by and one of them looked at a Dali print that was on the wall right next to where I was standing.

They laughed, gawked and generally "clowned" on the print. After they left I heard a guy behind be say he'd just bought that same print the day before at the art auction.

I'm somewhat amazed at the number of people who have given their opinion of these charms as if theirs was the ultimate answer for everybody. If someone wants to collect navel and it makes them happy......well, bless them.

If you wanted to purchase similar charms in bulk they would probably be less than 10¢ each. For those who collect them, and other items of little or no resale value, they are priceless. And for everyone else there's always a nice Dali:D

JMHO

Charlie