Ultimate Beverage Package Breakaway

kelee2405

We have been going back and forth with whether or not to buy the ultimate drink package. Any feedback from anyone on the Breakaway now? Does anyone have a list of the drinks/liquors included?

If I order a martini with the liquors listed ... will that be part of my package or will I be charged extra?

I too would be very interested in this.... ALSO WHY ARE THERE NO LIVE POSTS FOR THE FIRST CRUISE!!!!!

Hopefully they are having too much fun or perhaps the internet isn't working??

Welcome home May 12 sailors. If you had any experience with the UBP and what mixed and/or foo foo drinks were included can you please tell us your experience

Thanks!

These multiple interps are craziness on Norwegian's part. They differentiate beer and wine by price, but include all cocktails that do not include super premium and above booze.

That is my reading of this, and why there is any confusion is beyond me. Print this out and hand to any confused bartender:

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Ultimate-Beverage-Package-051013.pdf

And if they redefine not to include some cocktails, there had better be some very clear and reasonable lines drawn. One should be able to get basically any cocktail with the UBP, from martinis to tropical treats to whatever. As is the premium/super premium distinction seems like a good line to draw. I can't imagine a world where (for example) a margarita was possible, but a martini or pina colada wasn't. That would draw ire.

Edited by Burpelson

[Norwegian: please get this straight! This is highly discouraging]

As an example, check out this thread, which makes the UBP next to worthless if you want mixed drinks (martinis and even the drink of the day - ???!!!) AND contradicts the official link I just posted. There is no $8.50 at all in the official link, nor do I understand why one can get wine at one price, and drinks capped at a lesser price (same for beer when you think about it):

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38435951&postcount=6865

Quote:

Originally Posted by js viewpost.gif

Tiffany... Did your friend get the UBP package. Did she find it convenient. We are frozen drink, mojito, margarita and bloody mary drinkers. Could I order these with the package?

Also for cabins that sleep more than 2, is there a curtain separating the bed and sofa area?

Thank you.

Hey,

Yes she did get the bev package. She said just becareful on what you order. She said some of the drink of the day specials were 8.75. Which would not make it eligible for the UBP.

So if your drinks are $8.50 and under you are good. She thought they would bill her difference until last day. Ocean blue charged her full prices of drinks. after discussion with bar director and they credit her.

Im going to get the dallies this week and i can let you know prices.

I drink martinis so those are out.she did like it as she didnt have to worry about her bill at the end of the cruise.

Edited by Burpelson

My friend bought me back all the dallies from the 7 day bermuda.

so im looking through them now to see if i see anything on the UBP. if so then i will scan and post.

Edit: I will have that information tomorrow. She needs to bring that to me. Anyway it will be information that explains the package and list the the prices that you can't go over ($8.50)

Edited by tiffygirl

Thanks Tiffy, even though that is troubling and definitely at odds with what was online yesterday. I'm glad I didn't pre purchase it, and get bait and switched.

It still might be worth it, but I'd like to see a drinks price menu first: margaritas, martinis, mai tais, etc.

Thanks Tiffy, even though that is troubling and definitely at odds with what was online yesterday. I'm glad I didn't pre purchase it, and get bait and switched.

It still might be worth it, but I'd like to see a drinks price menu first: margaritas, martinis, mai tais, etc.

I think you are good on everything but martinis. Looking at last weeks dallies martinis start at $8.75. Also do not get the souvenir cup..they are xtra avg price $9.70

But def take look at bar menu to be sure.

We were debating getting the UBP but considering we'll be off the ship for the entire day when we dock in Port Canaveral it doesn't seem worth it. What do you guys think?

Edited by jenny105

We were debating getting the UBP but considering we'll be off the ship for the entire day when we dock in Port Canaveral it doesn't seem worth it. What do you guys think?

We are doing a Bermuda cruise and we considered it but we realized the last time we went to bermuda on the NCL star we were never even on the boat the three days in Bermuda so for us it would be a waste. However for one day being off of the boat if you drink an adequate amount it may be worth it.

We are doing a Bermuda cruise and we considered it but we realized the last time we went to bermuda on the NCL star we were never even on the boat the three days in Bermuda so for us it would be a waste. However for one day being off of the boat if you drink an adequate amount it may be worth it.

My boyfriend is more of a beer drinker but I mix it up. We're leaning toward purchasing it as of right now since it's good for GSC. We don't plan on leaving the ship in Nassau. Been there done that! Still 5 months to decide!

Yes, as long as the glass selected is priced at or below $9.50

hmm. I was told wine dispensers are not part of the ubp. You were able to use the machines last week?

Edited by tiffygirl