Upsell question

Shmoo here

I've been reading various threads about upsells. It seems that many of them are offered somewhere in the month before any given cruise (if they're going to be offered).

Is that time frame pretty much the time that Princess usually contacts people?

I've been reading various threads about upsells. It seems that many of them are offered somewhere in the month before any given cruise (if they're going to be offered).

Is that time frame pretty much the time that Princess usually contacts people?

No, we have had upsells 2-3 months out as well.

Moveovers are closer to sailing.

OK, I'm stupid - moveover?

Example of moveover offer:

MPORTANT NOTICES

**SPECIAL OFFER FOR Regal PRINCESS GUESTS!**

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the Oct 1, 2016 Regal Princess sailing. Move to another sailing of your choice up to 10 days, anywhere in the world and receive:

* 100% cruise fare refund (as refundable onboard credit)

* Free Stateroom upgrade!

* Princess ez air program will be protected

This offer is only available by calling 1-800-243-7342 x30736, but please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.

Example of moveover offer:

MPORTANT NOTICES

**SPECIAL OFFER FOR Regal PRINCESS GUESTS!**

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the Oct 1, 2016 Regal Princess sailing. Move to another sailing of your choice up to 10 days, anywhere in the world and receive:

* 100% cruise fare refund (as refundable onboard credit)

* Free Stateroom upgrade!

* Princess ez air program will be protected

This offer is only available by calling 1-800-243-7342 x30736, but please act quickly as this offer will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.

Ooooo...no. That's not what I want. We're cruising with family (couple of rooms) in Nov and I was just curious when an upsell might be forthcoming (if it is). I was beginning to think we'd miss an offer as we're going to be gone most of October.

Thanks for the explanation.

Ooooo...no. That's not what I want. We're cruising with family (couple of rooms) in Nov and I was just curious when an upsell might be forthcoming (if it is). I was beginning to think we'd miss an offer as we're going to be gone most of October.

Thanks for the explanation.

So upsell it is. For that, we usually receive the email around 1-2 months prior.

I've gotten 2 upsell offers. One 3 months before sailing, and one a little more than 6 weeks before.

We didn't take either for various reasons. Both upsell offers were this year.

The next 4 cruises we have booked I would be happy to entertain an offer, but you never know when they are offered....

We received an upsell offer for our October 1st cruise 1 day after the official final payment date. For our May Alaska cruise, it came two months prior to sailing. It seems like they are coming sooner nowadays because our first offers used to be within a month of sailing.

Wondering if we will get an upsell offer for our mid-September Alaska cruise...haven't seen it yet. I was hoping we might if there are less people sailing during the shoulder season.

Question--if we do receive an upsell offer, do they tell you the exact stateroom you will be in (i.e. room number)? I had picked our oceanview room to be mid-ship and mid deck for potential seasickness problems. Although a balcony or suite would be very nice, I would have to think hard about giving up a mid-ship spot.

Thanks!

Wondering if we will get an upsell offer for our mid-September Alaska cruise...haven't seen it yet. I was hoping we might if there are less people sailing during the shoulder season.

Question--if we do receive an upsell offer, do they tell you the exact stateroom you will be in (i.e. room number)? I had picked our oceanview room to be mid-ship and mid deck for potential seasickness problems. Although a balcony or suite would be very nice, I would have to think hard about giving up a mid-ship spot.

Thanks!

We were offered a stateroom but we gave her the stateroom we preferred. We were given our preference since it was available. We had the deck plan when discussing it.

Question--if we do receive an upsell offer, do they tell you the exact stateroom you will be in (i.e. room number)?

Thanks!

No. You can have your pick of the available cabins. You should check out the Princess website and be aware what's available for your cruise. This is a great opportunity, but also a buyer-beware situation. Know what you're doing before you do it.

Jim

Thanks!

We received an upsell offer on June 27th for our Sept 9th cruise to Alaska. There were 2 suites available and I chose the midship one instead of aft.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do they ever put drink packages on sale before the cruise?

Basically the answer is "No."

The AIBP is sometimes offered as part of a booking promotion, but is never offered by itself at a discount before a cruise (or during the cruise).

For our next two cruises, we were offered upsells. One came a month in advance and the other, 6 weeks in advance. Both were $199pp to go from a balcony to a mini-suite. Didn't jump on either one. We'd rather put our money into bus. class/first class air than in the cabin. Just a matter of what's important to you.

We received an upsell offer for our October 21st cruise last week. 73 days before the cruise.

did you grab it. thats my cruise date. just paid my TA today and got a price drop too!

i didnt know if mattered if cruise was PIF or not if you get upsells

Our upsell offer came 6 wks before the cruise....we took it....from Interior to Balcony...

Our booking was marked 'meta-upgrade only' and I can't help but wonder if that triggered the offer.....

I would LOVE to know (just out of curiosity) if those who have gotten upsell offers also had their bookings marked meta-upgrade only...