Favorite foods on Princess?

SASSYMI2

THANKS, I THINK I NEED A MAI TAI TOO!

WHAT IS IN THE LOVE BOAT DREAM DESSERT?

AND WHAT IS pp?:D

The Love Boat Dream dessert, any of the soufflés, beef Wellington is usually good, like the pp the Alfredo, French toast, hmmmm....so many to choose from.

It's been a few years since our Princess cruise, but I had a small side dish of Fettuccine Alfredo every single night for dinner. The waiter knew to bring it. BEST I ever ate. I hope they still offer it!

We also almost always order a small side dish of Fettuccine Alfredo which we share.

Remember, the Princess Volcano on the Kid's menu if you like Banana Splits. :D

LuLu

~~~~

Boy am I disappointed. I thought Princess was known for their good food. Guess not.....so few replies.:mad:

You'll be fine. Probably few responses because there was another fairly thread asking the same.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise and the food! :)

LuLu

~~~~

Boy am I disappointed. I thought Princess was known for their good food. Guess not.....so few replies.:mad:

Uhhhh.... this Foodies forum is not very well visited. Don't be disappointed or mad; the number of replies here in no way reflects the quality of the food, OK? You can also go to the Princess board and use the Search this Forum function - type in "favorite food" or something similar; as stated, this has been discussed before. :)

Stay away from the Qual and Venisson Teneriffe....it sounds good but it looks like SPAM.....and I unwillingly ate it.

As for food, Duck a L'orange is AMAZING. So is the lobster of course, the Mussels were to die for, and their prime rib was amazing.

I would suggest to try something you have never eaten before. If you don't like it try something else. I like the escargot, Beef Wellington, my oatmeal lol, and yes the Love Boat dream omg. I enjoyed everything I ate while on board. They main thing is to relax, enjoy and be pampered on your trip. Now you got me looking for my cookbook got last year on The Golden

I know you want to hear about the food in the main dining room and buffets but if you can afford it, you should do the Chef's Table. They only allow 10 people/night and you have to call the DINE telephone line when you first get on the cruise to try to reserve a spot. You get to see the kitchen and the head chef prepares a multi-course meal of whatever they want for you that you can't get anywhere else on the ship and everything is delicious. It's pretty pricey though (not sure how much it is now but when I did it 2 years ago I think it was $95/person) but I highly recommend it.

My favorites in the MDR:

Fettucine Alfredo

Goat cheese souffle

All of their salads

Almost all of the fish dishes

Flourless chocolate cake

Beef wellington

Also, the pizzas are amazing. My husband (born in Italy & brought up in New Jersey--so a big lover of pizza) loves it & has it every single day at least twice a day.

Finally, don't miss out on the other times during the day during which you can visit the MDR. Their breakfasts, lunches and high tea are so good.

Enjoy Princess!!

My personal opinion is that Princess has the best food of the lines we've tried. They do red-meat really delicious. Here is a link to some pictures from the Crown:

http://www.cruisefoods.com/index.php?ship=crown_princess

Here are my faves:

Prime rib

Goat cheese souffle

Fettuccine alfredo (make sure you get the meal size with the cheese nest!)

Flourless chocolate cake (don't know if they still have it)

Floating islands in vanilla sauce

Tiramisu

Pistachio cream

Escargots

Cold fruit soups

Their pizza is delicious

Princess love boat dream

Have a great cruise!

cruisefoodie ,

THANKS FOR YOUR WONDERFUL RESPONSE!! LOVED THE PICTURES.

DOES SOMEONE HAVE A SWEET TOOTH?

My personal opinion is that Princess has the best food of the lines we've tried. They do red-meat really delicious. Here is a link to some pictures from the Crown:

http://www.cruisefoods.com/index.php?ship=crown_princess

Here are my faves:

Prime rib

Goat cheese souffle

Fettuccine alfredo (make sure you get the meal size with the cheese nest!)

Flourless chocolate cake (don't know if they still have it)

Floating islands in vanilla sauce

Tiramisu

Pistachio cream

Escargots

Cold fruit soups

Their pizza is delicious

Princess love boat dream

Have a great cruise!

• 2 months later...

I see that some of you mentioned the Beef Wellington and Goat Cheese Souffle. Those sound yummers!!!

Questions:

1) What dining venue would I be able to order those at on ship?

2) Would I be able to order those is I am planning on doing the "anytime" seating?

3) Do you all recommend and or like the anytime seating"?

Thanks in advance for your info! :)

Princess crispy bread rolls cant be beat.

Takes a little wrangling, however, I think that it is worth it.

For appetizer I really enjoy Escargo. The desert cheese plate. A bread roll and a glass of wine. Yummy start to a meal. Specialty steak, prime rib, chops, etc. are really good. Worth the extra cost to me. Just my thoughts. :cool:

I see that some of you mentioned the Beef Wellington and Goat Cheese Souffle. Those sound yummers!!!

Questions:

1) What dining venue would I be able to order those at on ship?

2) Would I be able to order those is I am planning on doing the "anytime" seating?

3) Do you all recommend and or like the anytime seating"?

Thanks in advance for your info! :)

Yes those should be on the menu in MDR, either tradition or anytime (same menu) but not every day. Menu change daily.

I am not a fan of anytime seating but it seem to be popular. That is what is so nice, you pick whatever you like. Advantage of traditional, same waiter, no waiting for empty table, no worrying sharing table with someone unpleasant (but could be stuck with someone unpleasant for the whole cruise.) Anytime, flexible time, different table/view, meeting different cruisers.

Everybody has different preference but personally, Princess is my favourite by far. Most days, there are at least 3 main entrée that I want to have and I use to order 2 but now being older I can't eat so much. On other lines, process of order is to pick the item I least dislike. I also like the food on HAL too.

We have always had great food on Princess. We just sailed on the Royal in March, and we had anytime dining. The first night we ate at the Crown Grill. It was great, we had the garlic french fries with our steaks, which were to die for. The second night, we waited for a table for two in the Symphony dining room, then we made reservations every night after for the same table. (Table 114, tucked way back in the corner. Served by Jose from Portugal) Our waiter was outstanding. He made recommendations every night and they were spot on. Some nights we ended up with multiple entrees because we just had to try something else. I had some kind of seafood every night and it was always perfectly cooked. One night, I had the scallops with the gratinated (???) potatoes, that was outstanding. The eggplant Parmesan was so good that my husband ate it, and he does not eat eggplant.

You HAVE to try Alfredos, unbelievable pizza. The International Cafe has food twenty fours hours, but the lunch selection is really good. Princess' tuna sandwiches are great, and I am picky about my tuna. I have to say that my husband was looking forward to their tuna for weeks. Every salad we had at the International Cafe was also really good.

Oh, the hard rolls are absolutely unbelievable. We cannot get a great hard roll where we live and that is something we both look forward to on every Princess cruise.

All in all, no bad food. It was so good, we ate when we weren't really hungry!:D

Edited by Wish it were cruise time
another thought