Dizziness after the cruise - is it just me?

FourForFun

Carnival Glory rocked and rolled during our entire cruise, 2/05-12. We all swayed with it and were fine. Unfortunatly, I am still swaying! I've been feeling light headed and slightly dizzy for the last 6 days! The doctor suggested I take a cold decongestant or dramamine for a week and then give her a call if I still feel this way. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Can my equillibrium still be out of whack?

I tend to get seasick after the cruise- though not while on it. It is perfectly normal and there have been lots of discussions about it on these boards. Some peple take dramamine but I just wait it out. it's a nice reminder of the cruise! Mine lasts 7-10 days.

maybe someone else will remember what it's called and why it happens- I was just glad to find out it happens to alot of people.

No, it's not just you! I "rock" for 3-4 days after a cruise! I can't even blame it on alcohol because the amount I'll drink onboard could never account for even one evening's sloppy walking.

Here's what I don't understand: I don't "rock" when I get off the ship at port. It's just when I get home. It makes no sense.

Carnival Glory rocked and rolled during our entire cruise, 2/05-12. We all swayed with it and were fine. Unfortunatly, I am still swaying! I've been feeling light headed and slightly dizzy for the last 6 days! The doctor suggested I take a cold decongestant or dramamine for a week and then give her a call if I still feel this way. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Can my equillibrium still be out of whack?

It happens to a lot of us. Shortly after I return home from a cruise, I get up in the morning and feel like I'm still on the ship . . . I have to hold on to my dresser to make it to the bathroom. Usually only lasts about a week or less and . . . as strange as it feels . . . I sort of like it. Makes me feel as if I'm still on the ship. Funny, but it doesn't occur until I get home . . . walking off the ship, I feel fine. Guess it's "delayed reaction." Tee Hee . . . .

OMG...I thought I was the only one who got dizzy after the cruise....

The last cruise I was on....I was fine and dandy while on the ship....

But....by the time I got home, I was so darned dizzy feeling and walking like a drunken sailor!! LOL

The day after we got home from our cruise...I had to go to the jeweler as I had purchase a tansanite bracelet I wanted to have appraised....

I got into the car...and was so dizzy I backed up into my hubbys truck and smashed the rear bumper in on my new car!!!

I came back in staggering into the house to lay down and the hubby asked me what was wrong...I told him I was sea sick !

Try telling that to your insurance company...that you were sea sick and crashed your car!! LOL ....

I usually feel dizzy for at least 2 weeks.This especially happens when I am washing my hands or running water in bath.

Debbie -

I saw all of the cruises you went on. Which ship was your favorite? We've been on a couple of Royal Caribbean ships and the Carnival Conquest, but thinking about something different next time.

Thanks

I have a terrible time with "land sickness". Last cruise I was in St. Thomas, in a JEWELRY STORE, with someone who was ready to buy, and I had to leave. I was so nauseated that I couldn't stand it. If I walked, it was much better, but standing still nearly killed me!

That's a nickname for the ship rocking feeling, Sea Legs....I have it each time I get off a cruise. Also, when I experienced my first "big" earthquake 6 years ago in So California I had that strange "rocking" sensation for a week, after only a minute of shaking. And on a soft, bumpy across country flights I get a flighty feeling.

I wonder if it's anything to do with motion sickness I used to get all the time when I was a child sitting in the back of the car? Maybe my equilibirium is sensitive???

Debbie -

I saw all of the cruises you went on. Which ship was your favorite? We've been on a couple of Royal Caribbean ships and the Carnival Conquest, but thinking about something different next time.

Thanks

I think that I liked the Holland America the best but that could have been because the times we went we had a great time. Those three times we were with a large group and we also got along great with everyone at our table. You might notice that HAL is sometimes known for having an older crowd. Since we were with a large group it didn't matter to us. There were plenty people in our age group. That though is the reason I picked a Carnival for the next one since we are taking our kids this time. How did you like the Conquest? We are going on the Glory in July.

The first time this happened was the day after a spring break cruise. As a teacher it was considered either a "violation of contract" or a "sin" to be absent the Monday after a spring break. The phones to call-in for a Substitute were turned off!

I woke so dizzy that I thought that I had contracted some wicked flu bug. After suffering for a few hours; I took a Bonine. Within 20 minutes I was fine!

I do love the motion of the ship; I just wish it did not continue in my body after I get off the ship!!

• 5 years later...

Just got off my first cruise. It was a 7 day cruise in the Mexican Riviera on Royal's "Mariner of the Seas" and the last 2 day were pretty choppy. All night and today I feel like I am rocking back and forth.

I hope this does not last a week like everyone else is saying!

This used to happen to me, my past few cruises I have not been bothered with any side effects afterward.

After my first cruise, my H picked me up after disembarkation and decided we needed to stop off and test drive a new Yukon. I was driving down a winding road and veered towards the curb, I hit it and almost flipped it. WHAT??? Needless to say, we got in our car and went home. I didn't test drive anything else for weeks until I was sure I was over the feeling.

• 2 months later...

I got off a 7 night cruise to the Carribean on May 30th.. it's 9 days later and I still have the slight vertigo/dizzy feeling as if I'm still on the boat! Hope this goes away soon. I almost fell in my shower the next day after getting off the boat. First cruise for me... didn't know I would be feeling this way... It's not THAT bad though.....