Beginner scuba/non certified

suezyq50

We have done a number of beginner scuba diving excursions with the cruise lines. But none are offered on Liberty of the Seas in Belize. We would like to know of a great dive shop/resort that will take out beginners for scuba diving. We have gone as deep as 40 feet with the other excursions we have been on.

As a diver with 30+ years of experience, I would strongly advise getting an open water certification before you do open water dives in the Caribbean. There are too many opportunities that without proper training and experience could turn disasterous quickly.

SCUBA is a fabulous sport, but there are risks that accompany each dive. Lack of preparation, experience, equipment failure, weather conditions are a few.

I don't know of any dive shops that will take a "diver" without a C-card. And, personally, I would not dive with them if there were.

I don't mean to sound preachy; but without proper education and safety skills, you are putting yourself and your dive partner at unnecessary risks for injury or possibly death.

Captain Ronn