Princess Ezair

macleay

When I use EZair and the price drops, I never call Princess for them to make the changes. I just go onto my booking and find my flights. There is a “Cancel” button that I select. Right after cancelling the flights I quickly rebook the new flights. I use Delta, so I can go onto their web site and reselect my seats. As soon as I cancelled the flights, Delta released the seats, which allows me to rebook the same seats.

You were very lucky.........

It's best to ADD/MODIFY the flights and not cancel.

Doing this locks in the new flight before your old flight is canceled which happens automatically when you choose the new flight.

Very true. Very few non-stops except short hops like Chicago or Denver. We usually use FF miles so actually paying for flights is a little shocking! But, too many miles required for this trip and/or no seats left anyway.

But, we do like living the uncongested, free, clean life in Nebraska--except for winter, of course. Our low cost of living probably makes up for a lot of flight costs!

I was trying to use southwest miles to get to somewhere I could fly to Heathrow. When one of the flights to an east coast air port went through Denver I have up and decided ezair was the answer.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Forums mobile app

You were very lucky.........

It's best to ADD/MODIFY the flights and not cancel.

Doing this locks in the new flight before your old flight is canceled which happens automatically when you choose the new flight.

Thank you for the tip. I will try this in the future.

I'm always learning something new on Cruise Critic. :)

Click - Add/Modify, your flights will appear, on the top right hand side - Change Flights, click on, select your flights, click continue, bottom on the page will show your old price and new price, if the price is cheaper, click continue, a notice will appear, click continue, a booking has been reserved with a new booking number.

I book with flexible Princess EZ and watch the airlines sites and take whichever is cheaper before final payment.

We did it on our trip last November. We were originally scheduled to fly in the day of the cruise, but they changed us to a flight that didn't even arrive in FLL until 2pm. Ended up switching to a flight coming in the day before. The Princess rep handled the change, but still annoying that they would have considered putting us on a flight that wouldn't even be scheduled to arrive until 2 hrs prior to sailing.

I was trying to use southwest miles to get to somewhere I could fly to Heathrow. When one of the flights to an east coast air port went through Denver I have up and decided ezair was the answer.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Forums mobile app

Yes, when I was looking at booking myself some of the layovers were over 15 hours!! And no better price. We do have to do Omaha-Charlotte-Miami-Buenos Aires going, but only Santiago-Houston-Omaha coming back. And much more reasonable total travel times.

I think I have figured out how to check on flights, thanks to all who posted here. Right now they are quite a bit higher than we booked at!

However, I do have a warning. Everytime I try to look at or book air on the Princess site, our home airport always came up as Sioux City, IA. While technically we are a little closer to Sioux City, we have never and probably will never fly out of there--a very small airport, city of around 100,000 while Omaha's metro area is closer to 3/4 million.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to call Princess and get them to change our home airport so I don't have to go through the hassle of changing it to Omaha every time I look up flights. Customer service said, sure, we can change that. When they did, though, it also cancelled the flights we already had booked with EZ Air. Panic! Flights are different and over $1000 higher than what we had reserved.

The lady worked on it for quite a while last night with no progress so she had me call back this morning. After a lot of time on hold and some other hassles, the good news is that they did get our flights and price back!

I have no idea why changing our home airport to the one we actually use cancelled our flights (they were booked out of Omaha originally), but at least Princess came through. If I hadn't been insistent, not sure they would have. But, in the end, good customer service.

I think I have figured out how to check on flights, thanks to all who posted here. Right now they are quite a bit higher than we booked at!

However, I do have a warning. Everytime I try to look at or book air on the Princess site, our home airport always came up as Sioux City, IA. While technically we are a little closer to Sioux City, we have never and probably will never fly out of there--a very small airport, city of around 100,000 while Omaha's metro area is closer to 3/4 million.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to call Princess and get them to change our home airport so I don't have to go through the hassle of changing it to Omaha every time I look up flights. Customer service said, sure, we can change that. When they did, though, it also cancelled the flights we already had booked with EZ Air. Panic! Flights are different and over $1000 higher than what we had reserved.

The lady worked on it for quite a while last night with no progress so she had me call back this morning. After a lot of time on hold and some other hassles, the good news is that they did get our flights and price back!

I have no idea why changing our home airport to the one we actually use cancelled our flights (they were booked out of Omaha originally), but at least Princess came through. If I hadn't been insistent, not sure they would have. But, in the end, good customer service.

perhaps I don’t understand what you are saying, but I have no problem putting in different airports for departure/return on EZAir. For example, my home airport is Sacramento. I often find it is cheaper to fly to/from Los Angeles or Seattle on Southwest. Therefore, I put down those airports.

perhaps I don’t understand what you are saying, but I have no problem putting in different airports for departure/return on EZAir. For example, my home airport is Sacramento. I often find it is cheaper to fly to/from Los Angeles or Seattle on Southwest. Therefore, I put down those airports.

Your hometown airport is listed in the info that Princess has on you.

Nothing to do with putting on an airport to search airfares in ez air.

Princess can change your home air city.

Bet you could have typed in the 3 letter designator faster than calling Princess and getting everything messed up and creating more frustration for you. I don't even worry about what airport is in there because I search ALL options close to us, just sayin'

Is anyone having trouble accessing the EZ Air portion of the website today? I can't get in. We wanted to make some changes to an EZ booking that we have. We can see the present booking but are unable to modify flights or see any new flights. When I went to just look at any ole' cruise and put in EZ air I can't get into the EZ air portion.

Any suggestions? I've already tried three different internet browsers, shut down the computer and restarted, unplugged the modem and still no luck

Thanks.

Is anyone having trouble accessing the EZ Air portion of the website today? I can't get in. We wanted to make some changes to an EZ booking that we have. We can see the present booking but are unable to modify flights or see any new flights. When I went to just look at any ole' cruise and put in EZ air I can't get into the EZ air portion.

Any suggestions? I've already tried three different internet browsers, shut down the computer and restarted, unplugged the modem and still no luck

Thanks.

No problem for me. I just tried a dummy booking looking for flights, no problem and went to an existing booking and again no problem looking at other flights if I wanted to change the current flight. Don't know what to tell you.

Thanks.

Working fine for me.

Bet you could have typed in the 3 letter designator faster than calling Princess and getting everything messed up and creating more frustration for you. I don't even worry about what airport is in there because I search ALL options close to us, just sayin'

In hind sight, yes. But, as I was wanting to check prices often, like some on here recommend, it was getting tiring to every single time, I guess forever (unless I changed it) having to change the airport. Or forgetting and have flights from Sioux City--they had a few; more expensive, worse routes.

There really are no viable options nearer than Omaha for us. Some small regional airports, that's it. When on other sites (didn't see that I could do this on Princess) I do usually check the 'other airports' tab, but have never actually gotten another possibility come up.

I hope it was worth the hassle and that now I will always have 'Omaha' as my home airport. But who knows.

There really are no viable options nearer than Omaha for us. Some small regional airports, that's it. When on other sites (didn't see that I could do this on Princess) I do usually check the 'other airports' tab, but have never actually gotten another possibility come up.

Glad you mentioned this, just getting ready to set up my EZAir and noticed I'm getting Lincoln instead of Omaha. We are about halfway between by Lincoln has a lot less options at a little more money.

Thanks Kiwimum. I've checked out reservation and no, cannot select seats at this time. Final payment isn't due for a while so once that's done will try and get seat allocation then. If not will take pot luck when checking in. LOL DH will just have to pull up his big boy undies and get over it. :evilsmile:

Try going directly to the airline and input your flight confirmation number and then select your seats. Worked great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad you mentioned this, just getting ready to set up my EZAir and noticed I'm getting Lincoln instead of Omaha. We are about halfway between by Lincoln has a lot less options at a little more money.

Right--Lincoln never has anything that works--many fewer flights and more expensive. Good luck with getting your home city changed! I finally did, just with complications.

Right--Lincoln never has anything that works--many fewer flights and more expensive. Good luck with getting your home city changed! I finally did, just with complications.

Changing mine was a piece of cake cause I hadn't booked anything yet. But I would have wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to do it myself if you hadn't mentioned it.

Does anyone know if it makes a difference in TA commission if I book EZAir myself or have her do it? I want to play around with dates and times and it will be faster if I do it myself.

No problem for me. I just tried a dummy booking looking for flights, no problem and went to an existing booking and again no problem looking at other flights if I wanted to change the current flight. Don't know what to tell you.

How do you do a “Dummy Booking” to check for the flight prices?

I understand about doing the “Add or Modify Flights” method of seeing new air fares, but when I do a new booking they want me to fill out all of me information about myself. Is this the method you are referring to?

How do you do a “Dummy Booking” to check for the flight prices?

I understand about doing the “Add or Modify Flights” method of seeing new air fares, but when I do a new booking they want me to fill out all of me information about myself. Is this the method you are referring to?

you don't have to do a booking to get a flight quote. Just sign in (so you make sure you get "your" pricing), go to the cruise you're interested in, click on flight quotes. Enter your airport, dates, etc and you'll get the list of available flights.