St Lucia's Local Opinion

Dex2015

Yes, I believe that is it. It may seem like a lot of money, but this is WORTH every penny that we put out, and even more. I don't know if you read everything, everywhere they take you, and what you see/do, it was amazing to us. I had done a tour through someone else a couple years before, and it may have been a few dollars cheaper, but nothing like this. To us, this was TOPS. I think it says it is about a 4 hour tour (they do get you back to the ship in plenty of time) but we were gone (a lot has to do with getting people to move/leave the area where we have stopped to check out) about 5 1/2 hours. Just before we got back to the ship, he stopped by this house, looked like, and brought back the best tasting loafs of bread to eat. We have so many GOOD memories from this tour.:)

Hello Everyone,

After going through this forum, I realized that many persons visiting St Lucia have many questions about the destination. My name is Dexter and I live in St Lucia about 15 minutes away from the Cruise Terminal. I love the internet and I’m generally online so I thought I may offer anyone my local opinion on questions about St Lucia. Please note that I don’t work in the tourism industry so I may sometimes have to research certain questions you may have.

Feel free to ask any questions and Id be happy to respond!

Devoulty,

Dex

Do you know if Herod is still in the tour business? I was looking at 1 way by land and back by sea. He seems to be the only one I can find that does his tour this way. Thanks

Do you know if Herod is still in the tour business? I was looking at 1 way by land and back by sea. He seems to be the only one I can find that does his tour this way. Thanks

As you can see, Dez hasn't posted or answered questions in quite some time.. Perhaps he'll return to what he started some day soon.

To answer your question, yes Herod's is still in business, still offering his land/Sea tour. You can book through his website, email him, try through TripAdvisor, erc. Good luck and enjoy.

Dexter, that is wonderful of you, wanting to offer FREE advise, since you are from St. Lucia. :)

I just wanted to say, if I lived much closer, I would be there "every" year visiting. :) I fell in love with St. Lucia many years ago. When people ask (I have done around 17 cruises or more), what is my favorite port/island, I always say.............St. Lucia. If it didn't cost so much to fly (if I lived close to a port where the ship cruised from, that would help) from Kansas City, Missouri to one of the ports, I would be fine. I have been there twice, and hopefully one day, I may get back again.

Dexter, that is wonderful of you, wanting to offer FREE advise, since you are from St. Lucia. :)

I just wanted to say, if I lived much closer, I would be there "every" year visiting. :) I fell in love with St. Lucia many years ago. When people ask (I have done around 17 cruises or more), what is my favorite port/island, I always say.............St. Lucia. If it didn't cost so much to fly (if I lived close to a port where the ship cruised from, that would help) from Kansas City, Missouri to one of the ports, I would be fine. I have been there twice, and hopefully one day, I may get back again.

How wonderful that you enjoy our island so very much.. Wishing you many happy future travels back here!

As you'll note, Dex hasn't posted here or answered any questions since 2015... Doubt we'll see him any time soon....

what beach would you recommend for best snorkelling???

The best snorkeling around the island is along the southwest coast, down near the Pitons... Jalousie Beach or Anse Chastenet area, etc.

Spencer Ambrose, Serenity TVL, Barefoot Holidays, Joe Knows, Herod's, etc all offer tours with some time there.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in St. Lucia last December and our travel agent sent us on a full day tour with COSOL. So we feel this December when we return, we just want to be at a local beach with bars and restaurants. Would you recommend Vigie or Reduit for us? We don't want to be too far away.

We were in St. Lucia last December and our travel agent sent us on a full day tour with COSOL. So we feel this December when we return, we just want to be at a local beach with bars and restaurants. Would you recommend Vigie or Reduit for us? We don't want to be too far away.

If you don't want to go far, Vigie is for you. Walking distance if you want s decent walk, or about a 6-7 minute cab ride.

Boardwalk with several local restaurants and bars doing snacks and meals - local foods. Drinks available including soda, water and some cocktails.. Chairs for rent and lots of natural beautiful shade.

Enjoy.

• 1 month later...
Any recommendations for seeing the Volcano? I would love to do a tour that allowed us some hiking, sight seeing and beach time but I don't know how feasible that is.

You could do a tour that has Tet Paul trail, volcano, mud baths and besch. That's doable. Actual hijing like Gros Piton or Barre d'Isle or such would take more time than you have to add in volcano and beach.. Unfortunately, the volcano is 1.15- 1.5 hours from the ship so time is limited.

Check with Serenity TVL, Francis Taxi and Tours, GemXursions, Barefoot Holidays, St Lucia Experience tours, etc to see about customizing a trip to include Tet Paul, volcano, and beach.. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
vigie beach , check out the comments on others threads as opinion vary, don't to be bias as i am a beach chair vendor. there are no pushy vendors and 6 booths serving food drink n wifi 2 handicap washrooms 2 regular washrooms and 2 showers.

Castro1n3, how much is your service? We will be on your island on November 5th with NCL Gem.

my chairs are 10 a pair, the beach massage varies. besure to look out for my cc member bard ile put your name up.

Hey Castro, what should the price of a taxi from Castries to the Boardwalk at Vigie be?

I've read $10 US for two people, i've read Taxi's trying to charge 30 bucks to get there which seems very steep.