How many Florida cruisers are out there?

RMS Olympic

C,mon y'all checking in (putting on my southern accent) - the specials end on Mar. 31... book and get a wonderful cruise out of FLL for next Feb/Mar...you can always cancel and forfeit $100, but don't you spend that on a night out every weekend? Caribbean Princess 2007 was a blast! And we're all heading back for 2008. Join us!

Next year I get to move to Florida.......yippey!

I agree with Matt...book the Feb trip already.....you know you want to. If you spend 100 dollars per month on drinks or meals out and about...thats the price of the cruise.....PRIORITIES!!!!!!!!

Plus I want to make lots of new friends in Florida...even if I will be out in the boonies making speed runs to Tampa, Orlando and Dade city (SawMill campground). No more cold winters after this coming winter.....fab-u-lous.

I am moving to Florida, Citrus County late next year.

I was wondering how many Cruise Critic gay and Lesbian posters there are in Florida and what parts of the state they reside. Not everyone can be from Ft lauderdale nor the Miami area. Me I will be in the rural area near Crystal River and figure I can buzz down to Tampa/St Pete or venture to the big city of Ft lauderdale when I need to get away.

Just curious as to how many posters are spread throughout the state...

Looking on gay web sites, there seems to be alot of people from Brooksville....cant figure why Brooksville.

Tom

Hey Guys,

I just noticed this thread. We live in Coconut Grove, a part of Miami. Tom, just from this thread alone you're going to be a busy guy trying to keep up with all of us. :eek: .

Jim & Terry

C,mon y'all checking in (putting on my southern accent) - the specials end on Mar. 31... book and get a wonderful cruise out of FLL for next Feb/Mar...you can always cancel and forfeit $100, but don't you spend that on a night out every weekend? Caribbean Princess 2007 was a blast! And we're all heading back for 2008. Join us!

Matt,

I do declare !!! Now how many people still speak like that down here ? :D

Hi everyone!

Orlando here...my partner and I are heading out on the Noordam May 13 for Alaska. Very excited about the trip! Graduating pharmacy school May 5th and we had our 19 year anniversary on Valentine's Day!! Decided to make a combo trip for all the celebrating.

Good luck to those of you moving to Florida!!

Chip1969 - Congrats! You are going to love the Alaska cruise. We celebrated our 20th on an Alaskan cruise and had a wonderful time. We were on the Celebrity Infinity and the dining room staff had a cake and sang to us. We are now getting ready to celebrate our 23rd on an Eastern Caribbean cruise the last week of May.

WOW - I'm jealous!! Wish I could say that I lived in FL; does being a FL resident count?!?! :)

My partner and I will be moving down somewhere around the Orlando area in about 6 years when my stint with uncle sam is done. Then I'm looking forward to splitting my time between cruising and working for the mouse!!

We're going on the Grand Princess next Jan and then taking a quick little jaunt down to Key West for our 10th anniversary.

John and Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

So you like Crystal.....

I booked their Transatlantic Nov 2008 as my virgin cruise on Crystal from Lisbon to Miami...it will be my early retirement present to myself right after relocating to Florida. Will probably start another career , but thought I would start off with something special....so I chose a crossing.

Any pointers on Crystal? Will a gay solo fit in on this line?

Is it stuffy as I am not. Serenity here I come....

You will love Serenity. Nicest ship afloat in my opinion. Not at all stuffy; you will meet wonderful folks on board. Very single and Gay friendly, due to the low single supplements. I have always found like-minded Guys on board. Check in with the CD and Concierge; they will take good care of you. Don't miss the Avenue Saloon, Palm Court and of course, the steam room!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am Dave and I am going on the NCL Jewel Nov. 18th 2007. This will be my 8th cruise. I have cruised on rccl 4 times, ncl 2 times and on costa once. I went on the Jewel for a one night debut cruise and it is an amazing ship! I will be traveling with my Partner Jeff, we are both 30 and my friend Nathan (32) and his brother. I look forward to meeting any other cruisers that are going on this cruise. We had a roll call for Mariner of the seas for last year and we ended up have a really large group...hopefully I can meet some cool people for this cruise as well. Any other gay cruisers in the orlando-kissimmee area?

Tomorrow I fly down there to recon the Crystal River area a second time. Will be talking to a builder in the area ...in the planning stage to break ground this time next year. Hope the weather is going to be nice.

This time I might drive over to Ocala to see what the gay businesses are like...not a big bar person but will check out what is there to see the "community" just the same. If I have time...might also drive down to Saw Mill camp ground to take a look see.

Can't wait to become a Floridian......and stop being a damn Yankee. Moving to the country will be a nice change.....now to find a boy friend that drives a pick'em up truck....LOL

Me and my girlfriend live in Tampa, but everytime we cruise, we go to Miami :confused: ???!!!! don't know why we compare the itineraries and we always realize the ship leaving from Miami has either a better port of call or it's cheaper. Last year we went to Eastern Caribbean for 7 days. We got it for $630! and the same itinerary was for $799 here in Tampa... it made me so mad coz we hate driving to Miami!!! we're cruising May 13 (this sunday) on the Valor, also from Miami! because we wanted to go to Costa Maya and the ship leaving from Tampa goes to Conzumel instead.... I guess it's call LUCK....

I'm in Ocala, Marion Co. next door. No activity or bars here. Very closeted in the bible belt. All council members are Republicans if that gives you a message but no anti activity here except in churches. Every fast food or chain restaurant and a few locals that are decent. Some of the big developers here are gay.

I just booked the Grand Princess for November 24 going to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Princess Cay. It is my second cruise- both this year. I am hooked. I live 2 miles from Port Everglades so cruising from Fort Lauderdale or Miami is a pretty inexpensive vacation given no airfare to deal with.

I also work in the Port so parking is free too. Any other Floridians going?