William Lawson!

Izzybeff

Hello! I've been reading about you on here and wondered if you are still doing tours. Can you please email me at pfohlsmarketing at fbx.com Thanks! We will be in Progresso the beginning of May.

Lots of fun things to do in Progreso! An email has been sent to you.

Hi Mr. Lawson,

I hope you don't mind but I have a question about a beach club that I think I saw on this board a while back. If I remember correctly it was 10 or 15 minutes from the pier. It wasn't a hotel just a beach club where all the food and drink are included in the price to get in. Is that really a place?

I am a little wary of traveling 40 minutes from the ship in case there is trouble with the bus.

We will be on the Carnival Elation at the end of July.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Marie

mskillern. I'm not Mr Williams but have traveled many times, land vacations and cruises, to the area and been on this board "forever". I have not heard or read of a single incident of anyone missing the ship because of bus problems.

I am not Mr Williams I either :) but I agree with my esteemed colleague. Getting back to the ship is not an issue. The place you speak of is called the Reef Club I believe and there are organized tours there or you can strike out on your own via taxi, but the first option is all inclusive including transportation so no worries!

I am not Mr Williams I either :) but I agree with my esteemed colleague. Getting back to the ship is not an issue. The place you speak of is called the Reef Club I believe and there are organized tours there or you can strike out on your own via taxi, but the first option is all inclusive including transportation so no worries!

Mr Lawson, I'm not sure if my plans are going to fall through for our May guided tour. Could you email me so I can ask you a couple questions?

maloney98_1999@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Do you do tours? I am guessing you do. How can I get additional information?

Google is your friend!:D Lawsons Original Yucatan

Due to board restrictions he can't advertise his services, but I know I for one appreciate all of the advice he gives for free here and TA. I can tell you that I have been corresponding with him and he is very timely in his replies and has wonderful suggestions for what to do in Progresso for a tour! I will do a full review when we return in August.

Edited by arlodog
URL

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, Mr William Lawson has been banned from posting on Cruise Critic. I know I'm not the only one that misses his most informative posts to this board. He has contributed the MOST usable and reliable information on the Progreso/Merida board.

I've never read a single post of his that contradicts the board's rules.

You can click on his screen name and review his previous posts for valuable information I think. They are numerous covering alot of different subjects.

Edited by hdawson

Mr. Lawson:

My husband and I have just made reservations for a cruise to Merida/Progreso and Cozamel in November on Carnival and I saw your posts. Would love to have some suggestions for our very first cruise EVER! VERY VERY interested in ruins and history.

• 2 years later...

For those of you looking for information on William Lawson's Yucatan Excursions, I have used Lawson's for the past 3 years while traveling via cruise ship, and loved Progreso/Merida so much that we returned for 5 days this year. Each time we have hired Lawson's, we have had an awesome time. We were nervous at first, because of the things we heard in the U.S. about Mexico. The Mexico you will visit is as safe or safer than any large city in the U.S. I have never felt scared or unsafe.

Lawson's offers a variety of activities, from swimming in a cenote, to shopping at the Mercado, to visiting any number of Mayan ruins, to cooking with a Mayan woman in the traditional Mayan way. This is just the tip of the ice berg. Check out their website for a complete listing of activities. Lawson's offers only personalized tours; it is just you and your friends. You decide what you want to do and when you want to do it!

Is Lawson's a little pricier than the "cookie cutter" excursions you will find onboard the ship? Yes, but the additional cost is minimal, and you will find it well worth the extra few dollars you have spent when you look across the street in Merida, and see 70+ of your closest shipmates straining to hear the tour operator speaking broken English. Or when you see those same people lingering around the ruins waiting for the specified time to board the bus and return to the ship. With Lawson's, you decide where you want to go and how long you want to stay, thus maximizing your time in port.

Lawson's now has a Facebook page, and you can find many reviews from people like me on that page. They also have web pages @William-Lawson.squarespace.com or lawsonsdriving.blogspot.com. Check them out. You won't be sorry!