Anthem of the Seas

If you compare the Independence of the Seas' dates in 2014 with those of the Anthem in 2015 they show an identical pattern. Looks like Anthem will replace Independence. Now the question is if Indy will head west in November 2014 and not return or shift somewhere else. Maybe she is Barcelona bound now.

I do not think so - why should Independence replace Liberty? ;)

Both Liberty and Independence have been upgraded in 2011 and 2013, but Liberty has got more new features which Independence does not have. :)

I think Liberty will sail from Barcelona in 2015 as well...

But what could Independence do?

Could it be that Anthem also comes to Norway or may she only sail mediterranean, channel and Canary itineraries?

Both Liberty and Independence have been upgraded in 2011 and 2013, but Liberty has got more new features which Independence does not have. :)

Could it be that Anthem also comes to Norway or may she only sail mediterranean, channel and Canary itineraries?

I originally thought Anthem would take northern europe and leave Indy alone. Now it's looking like Indy's routes are going to Anthem and the Serenade is going to northern europe. That leaves a whole where Serenade used to be.

I just want a southern Caribbean route out of Florida. Don't care what ship it is, but the newer the better!

No kidding.

I would imagine once everything is done in Port Canaveral you may see a year round Eastern, Western and Southern out of there. Question then would be what ships?

I originally thought Anthem would take northern europe and leave Indy alone. Now it's looking like Indy's routes are going to Anthem and the Serenade is going to northern europe. That leaves a whole where Serenade used to be.

Serenade sails the 12-night-med-cruises until fall 2014 and some caribbean cruises in winter until spring 2015. ;)

After that she seems to depart from Copenhagen and Stockholm, as well as Hamburg in summer 2015.

What did you think about the Anthem routes? Did you think she will depart from Harwich or Copenhagen?

Also remember there will be another Oasis class ship making the rounds starting in 2016. Her first block will be laid down September 23, 2013.

In addition there is already a third Quantum Class ship ordered.

Finally there are options open for a fourth Oasis Class and a fourth Quantum Class which if I were a betting man I would say will be filled soon.

Could well be. ;)

But what could Legend do in 2015??

Hopefully Anthem offers some interesting short cruises to try this ship... :)

The Legend could do the 4-5 nt cruises in the summer out of Fort Lauderdale. And Vision stays in Tampa year-round (like Carnival does). Or Legend could take over Serenade's itineraries

Edited by nickthecruiser

It also looks like Allure has all of her May 2015 sailings now listed as N/A - possibly indicating that she will be heading to Barcelona or Rome in summer 2015 for her first European Season. Independence might stay behind to fill that gap in Ft. Lauderdale, so rotating E & W. Caribbean cruises with Oasis of the Seas.

Anthem and Adventure are also listed for Villefranche, France, in 2015:

http://www.riviera-ports.com/Display.aspx?p=y&s=y&menuitem=13202&URL=/Croisiere/Horaires/DisplaySchedules.ascx&datefrom=01/04/2015&dateto=28/12/2015&company=ROYAL%20CARIBBEAN%20INTERNATIONAL&boat=&port=

Legend should take the Med cruises from Barcelona in 2015? I cannot imagine...;) I think Explorer could do these itineraries. Because she is leaving Cape Liberty...

It sounds more logical that Legend does the 4-5 night itineraries from Fort Lauderdale...

It also looks like Allure has all of her May 2015 sailings now listed as N/A - possibly indicating that she will be heading to Barcelona or Rome in summer 2015 for her first European Season. Independence might stay behind to fill that gap in Ft. Lauderdale, so rotating E & W. Caribbean cruises with Oasis of the Seas.

Not sure Allure will be doing a season in Europe. She is scheduled for her 5 year dry dock in the spring of 2015 so expect her to do a schedule similar to the one Oasis is doing in the Fall of 2014.

Any thoughts on where Anthem will head to during the winter season?

Not sure Allure will be doing a season in Europe. She is scheduled for her 5 year dry dock in the spring of 2015 so expect her to do a schedule similar to the one Oasis is doing in the Fall of 2014.

Probably Asia as that is where the real money is.

Pleased that it looks as though Anthem is coming to Southampton. It makes alot of sense.

Would love to see Explorer on the 12 night Med voyages.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

I also like it that Anthem seems to cruise from Southampton!! :):)

I really think that Explorer could do those itineraries - I do not think that RCI deletes them, because they are popular, I think.

Maybe during the winter period, Anthem sails the 6-8 night caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale which temporary offers Independence...

A third ship to Asia? I think two ships with around 3500 passengers (Voyger, Mariner) are enough there. ;)

but in my point of view, for Explorer are three options:

1) 12 night med from Barcelona, winter caribbean

2) year-round short cruises from Port Canaveral

3) Asia

At first I thought the Caribbean but then I found this site with st.maarten cruise schedule.http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

If Anthem is based in FLL I believe that at least one cruise would visit St.Maarten in winter 2015-16. When you look at these dates only Royal Caribbean (RCI and Celebrity) has booked her ships' calls in this port and Anthem is not mentioned anywhere. So probably Anthem won't be based in the Caribbean in the winter. Just my guess. You never know and these schedules can change.;)

At first I thought the Caribbean but then I found this site with st.maarten cruise schedule.http://201.220.14.27/sxmonline/VesselScheduleCruise.aspx

If Anthem is based in FLL I believe that at least one cruise would visit St.Maarten in winter 2015-16. When you look at these dates only Royal Caribbean (RCI and Celebrity) has booked her ships' calls in this port and Anthem is not mentioned anywhere. So probably Anthem won't be based in the Caribbean in the winter. Just my guess. You never know and these schedules can change.;)

Based on that schedule it looks like Independence of the Seas will also continue her Europe/Florida rotation since she once again goes missing from 4/28/14-11/9/15. She then disappears on 4/26/16 again, likely back to Europe.

Edit: I have to point out though, that in looking closer at winter 2015 I noticed something. Lots of Royal Caribbean ships are listed but the Quantum does not go past 10/26/15. We don't expect her to be leaving anytime soon but I find it hard to believe they would remove St. Maarten from every winter itinerary since they do such varied ones form Cape Liberty.

Edited by DEIx15x8

I've clicked the links for Le Havre and Villefranche and I don't see Anthem listed - has it been switched to "Independence"? Maybe RCI saw the article about this thread on Cruise Critic and pressured them to change it before it is "officially" announced?

I've clicked the links for Le Havre and Villefranche and I don't see Anthem listed - has it been switched to "Independence"? Maybe RCI saw the article about this thread on Cruise Critic and pressured them to change it before it is "officially" announced?

Interesting! I'm sure it said Anthem. Maybe others can confirm it as well. Royal Caribbean is watching...

Well it certainly used to say Anthem... in both the Le Harvre and Villefranche port postings. Now all of those listed as Anthem are saying Independence!

As to what this means... they may be trying to hide what's happening with Anthem again, it may have been a mistake or they may have changed things. I guess we're back to not knowing!

Anthem and Adventure are also listed for Villefranche, France, in 2015:

http://www.riviera-ports.com/Display.aspx?p=y&s=y&menuitem=13202&URL=/Croisiere/Horaires/DisplaySchedules.ascx&datefrom=01/04/2015&dateto=28/12/2015&company=ROYAL%20CARIBBEAN%20INTERNATIONAL&boat=&port=

Legend should take the Med cruises from Barcelona in 2015? I cannot imagine...;) I think Explorer could do these itineraries. Because she is leaving Cape Liberty...

It sounds more logical that Legend does the 4-5 night itineraries from Fort Lauderdale...

Hi. I went to your link and it says ADVENTURE and INDEPENDENCE will be in Villefrancehe, France in 2015. Where did you see it say ANTHEM, or did they change it? thanks, c

Hi. I went to your link and it says ADVENTURE and INDEPENDENCE will be in Villefrancehe, France in 2015. Where did you see it say ANTHEM, or did they change it? thanks, c

Like with Le Havre port schedule the Anthem has been removed from the Villefranche port schedule and the Independence put instead.