Kennedy Space Center from Port Canaveral

MVPinBoynton

We will be in Port Canaveral in April and want to do the Kennedy Space Center Tour. What is the best way to get to the Space Center and back? Can you buy tickets at the center or is it safer to buy them ahead of time on line if that is available? Thanks for any help.

We will be in Port Canaveral in April and want to do the Kennedy Space Center Tour. What is the best way to get to the Space Center and back? Can you buy tickets at the center or is it safer to buy them ahead of time on line if that is available? Thanks for any help.

Did you know if you contact your Congressman's office you can possibly get free tickets to KSC?

Usually it has to be done 6 months out, but its worth a try...;)

Good luck!!

Did you know if you contact your Congressman's office you can possibly get free tickets to KSC?

Usually it has to be done 6 months out, but its worth a try...;)

Good luck!!

Now that is a good idea! Thanks so much. Since I just booked the cruise yesterday and it is only a little over 2 months away it could be a problem. But I will try.

DW & I did the tour after our Oasis trip last year. We bought our tickets in the lobby of the hotel we were staying at in Cocoa Beach (Double Tree). It saved us a few buck (I think they didn't charge tax).

You can also buy them at the gate. I did a little mini-review at the end of my Oasis review. Link is in my signature. I think Kennedy starts ~page 7?

DW & I did the tour after our Oasis trip last year. We bought our tickets in the lobby of the hotel we were staying at in Cocoa Beach (Double Tree). It saved us a few buck (I think they didn't charge tax).

You can also buy them at the gate. I did a little mini-review at the end of my Oasis review. Link is in my signature. I think Kennedy starts ~page 7?

Thanks for the link to the KSC review. The photos were very nice. Since we are just docking at Port Canaveral for the day, I am trying to find out what transportation options there are from the port to get to the KSC.

Thanks for the link to the KSC review. The photos were very nice. Since we are just docking at Port Canaveral for the day, I am trying to find out what transportation options there are from the port to get to the KSC.

Thank you. I bet you could probably find a towncar service or a taxi. Does the cruiseline provide an excursion there?

Just to let you know, DW & I got there about 9:30am and left about 5:30pm. There was a bunch we didn't see. We didn't do any of the "extra" tours, and the shuttle display wasn't open yet (but the "Shuttle Experience" was). Crowds weren't bad either.

Thank you. I bet you could probably find a towncar service or a taxi. Does the cruiseline provide an excursion there?

Just to let you know, DW & I got there about 9:30am and left about 5:30pm. There was a bunch we didn't see. We didn't do any of the "extra" tours, and the shuttle display wasn't open yet (but the "Shuttle Experience" was). Crowds weren't bad either.

Since we are cruising on Oceania, they have very high priced excursions. For a 6 hour excursions to KSC, the cost is $135 per person. :eek: No way that we will pay that. It would be cheaper for us to just drive up there from where we live in South Florida.:D

Edited by MVPinBoynton

Since we are cruising on Oceania, they have very high priced excursions. For a 6 hour excursions to KSC, the cost is $135 per person. :eek: No way that we will pay that. It would be cheaper for us to just drive up there from where we live in South Florida.:D

Great googily moogily. :eek: However, the basic admittance ticket (IIRC) was $50pp. I don't know how much a cab/towncar would be, and I think getting a rental car would take too much time.

Good luck!