City Hotel Sydney

CRUSINGFAMILY

I know it isn't a personal experience but I think you may struggle getting too many responses

Have you read these

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g255060-d2665571-Reviews-City_Hotel-Sydney_New_South_Wales.html

Yes I have read these....looking for cruise critic friends experiences if there are any

Thanks just the same.

Have not stayed there and unlikely to do so. Location is ok as it is fairly central but don't expect any views. Mid distance between Wynyard and Townhall stations, close to Darling Harbour area and QVB just up the road.

Seems to be an Asian operated boutique establishment with Asian decor ( just going off web site). Reading trip advisor comments also seem to confirm this by the grammar used.

If the price is right for a modest hotel then go for it. Hopefully someone on cc has stayed there and will respond with some authority about the hotel as most of us are only guessing.

You can also get good rates on "mystery" hotels off some of the popular booking sites.

Hugh

We have got NZ friends staying there for 4 nights before there cruise on the 20/12.

We are also staying the night before as well, they are on a tight budget.

So I'm sure it will be fine for them and 1 night for us will be ok as we will spend most time out and about catching up.

We would normally stay elsewhere but for $100 odd dollars for the night, I'll grin and bare it. Hopefully I will be surprised

Next day we hop on Radiance for 9 nights.

V:)

We have got NZ friends staying there for 4 nights before there cruise on the 20/12.

So I'm sure it will be fine for them and 1 night for us will be ok as we will spend most time out and about catching up.

We would normally stay elsewhere but for $100 odd dollars for the night, I'll grin and bare it. Hopefully I will be surprised

Could you please report back after you have stayed. We are spending two nights with them one night before each of two cruises we are taking back to back

• 1 month later...

Can't wait to hear back on how you found conditions at the City Hotel

Hi

Just back

The City Hotel was fine, I myself could probably stay ony 2 nights in a row but our friends thought it was great place for 4 nights.

There is a kitchen dining and Laundry area on level 2, I think... I can't remember.

Our friends had a 2 bedroom, on the front and there main bedroom was noisy from about 5.30 with traffic and rubbish tucks but the didn't notice it really. the 2nd bedroom was fine.

Our double was on back, long and narrow room but very clean had everything we needed. We were woken at 6am as they are renovating something behind. It had T&C making in the room, free shampoo and conditioner etc so that was a nice touch.Very large TV on wall.The shower toilet area are small but NOT as small as we have had in London.

It was only for 1 night so it was fine, being just newly renovated it looks fresh.

Great Location for everything

Taxi's pass by the door all the time, Taxi to OPT was $17.

We rolled our bags to the hotel from the 1st Cruise no worries at all problably took 15 minutes not really sure as we chatted to our friends along the way.

I think if you are just overnighting and on a budget it will be fine.

Let us know what you think???

We all have different standards of good etc.

Thank you so much for this report back. Sounds like it should suit our needs fine.

We recently changed our reservation. We had two bookings with them. One night before our first cruise and 3 nights between our two cruises. However, friends in the Blue Mountains are going to tour us for two nights. This change proved somewhat difficult. :o So now we are booked for one night before first cruise and one night between cruises. The change required alot of emails with the hotel but I finally got the same terms and in the end got a better rate so it all worked out. :)

I really appreciate you taking the time to report back and it at least sounds reasonable. Our big criteria is clean. No bed bugs. That's it. Because small is not a problem as cruise cabins are not that big when you travel in steerage :D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...