Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

Fellow cruiser just posted on rollcall that Royal has changed its policy and you can now carry two bottles of wine onboard ship for consumption. Subject to a corkage fee of $25 each.

Called RCCL and agent confirmed, policy change went into effect today.

on ALL cruises?! not just Europe?! :eek:

oh pleasepleaseplease say yes... :D

if so we are so taking some of our Marinus we have been saving for 5 years.... I will even happily pay a corkage fee( as long as it is not outrageous)

on ALL cruises?! not just Europe?! :eek:

oh pleasepleaseplease say yes... :D

if so we are so taking some of our Marinus we have been saving for 5 years.... I will even happily pay a corkage fee( as long as it is not outrageous)

I assume all cruises. I called and asked if it was true that we can bring two bottles on and the agent said "yes". I mentioned we sail in 3 weeks and asked if it was OK then and she said "yes, change went into effect today". I asked if it works the way it does on Celebrity and she said "yes".

I would like to see it on their website so its "official", but I find the change interesting.

PS You might want to call and ask to confirm.

Edited by gw2fll

Fellow cruiser just posted on rollcall that Royal has changed its policy and you can now carry two bottles of wine onboard ship for consumption. Subject to a corkage fee of $25 each.

The guest conduct policy does not show this as being true but it is dated March 2012 so maybe the website is not updated.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Guest_Conduct_Policy.pdf

PS You might want to call and ask to confirm.

oh heck yeah.. plus I will ask Reyno when we get our welcome aboard email from him....

this bottle is special and I will not risk it being confiscated under the old policy.

boingy boingy boingy....:D

So what about this corkage fee of $25. for each bottle? Is that a fee charged if the bottle is opened and served in the restaurant by the wine steward? Or is this a fee slapped on every bottle of wine taken aboard - like the airlines charging for each bag checked?

Do they charge upon boarding, or only if you take the bottle to dinner?

Oh, Zuggie, didn't see your post, sorry :)

So what about this corkage fee of $25. for each bottle? Is that a fee charged if the bottle is opened and served in the restaurant by the wine steward? Or is this a fee slapped on every bottle of wine taken aboard - like the airlines charging for each bag checked?

It's if you drink it in a restaurant or bar. The easiest thing to do is bring a BIG glass of it with you out of your stateroom when you leave for dinner or the bar :-)

Yes it is true. I expect there will be an official announcement tomorrow as they usually do them on Fridays.

Effective 11/01/12, guests who wish to bring on 2 bottles (per stateroom) of personal wine at the start of their Royal Caribbean cruise may do so.

If they are consumed in any of the bars, restaurants or dining venues then each bottle will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

This is great news! I will purchase a bottle of wine on board for the dining room; however, the ability to bring on a bottle or two of my personal favorites to enjoy within my cabin is a wonderful perk!:D

We will still be spending plenty on board for my soda card, as well as my husband's beer & occasional cocktail which is completely fine & planned for.

yippeee!

Great news! We enjoy relaxing on the balcony with a glass of wine or two. It's nice to see Royal follow Celebrity's lead on this!

Great news! We enjoy relaxing on the balcony with a glass of wine or two. It's nice to see Royal follow Celebrity's lead on this!

OK... I'll stick my neck out there....:eek:

It will be nice if they followed Celebrity's lead on the whole balcony smoking policy too.... It'd be nice to relax out there with a glass of wine smoke-free! ;)