Eurodam to Alaska : We came , we saw , we photographed .

I switched cameras for better shots from our room .

IMG_3436_zpsagfepyz5.jpg

IMG_3435-001_zpsizrsbpul.jpg

We felt energized with the cooler weather and headed out for Pike Place Market

IMG_3446_zpsfmilyp9e.jpg

to look for some flying fish .

DSC01827_zpsfgt8dqb6.jpg

Two lips are better than one .

IMG_3445_zpsdzwvrf8k.jpg

Do these prices look pricey to you ?

IMG_3444_zpsct9vgofq.jpg

Great pics,

BTW, is the bottle shop still right next door to the markets.

Is the bottle shop the Pike and Western wine shop ? It is still there , but we purchased our wine at a Whole Foods Market which was located just below our hotel .

I am here and following along on both cruises; love Seattle and Alaskan cruises; can't wait to see your take on everything; your pictures are going to be amazing! We first did a cruise round trip from Seattle; second one was from Vancouver to Anchorage; both were equally amazing; I want to go back one day and add some land time in. Eagerly following along!

The sea food looks a little pricey to me, but I love it.

Allan

We do love our seafood as well and enjoyed it while there . DW is a big fan of razor clams which we don't have here in the warm Atlantic .

Coming from Florida, yes those fish prices are higher than I would expect.

We shopped out our local supermarket when we got back and both Salmon and Snow Crab Clusters are about $ 10 a pound , so we didn't bring any seafood back .

Gorgeous !! Thanks very much. We'll be on her in Dec. Steve

We did enjoy our cruise on the Eurodam and wished that it was longer , but we are also booked on the Koningsdam in October for some diving in the Caribbean . :cool:

After leaving the Wheel we encountered a trio of lounge singers

DSC00386_zpsia9h2o5q.jpg

We did take this book and found it to be very helpful

DSC01918_zpslnea9tsv.jpg

We wished that we would have seen more wildlife than we saw so in hindsight we wished that we would have went to the Aquarium

IMG_3509_zps23dcglcl.jpg

We also passed on this shop

IMG_3492_zpszqk2yfkk.jpg

and the bike ride .

IMG_3471_zpsfu2enkud.jpg

We were getting very hungry and the shuttle driver mentioned that he liked Anthony's . Pat saw something on the menu that she really liked there - Razor clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl .

DSC00391_zpszbuzqiiw.jpg

DSC00396_zpspquvwvap.jpg

It came with a waterside view

DSC00394_zpsu4dqhntw.jpg

I took photos while Pat was waiting for the food . I didn't have the heart to tell her about the water gushing from the pipe where the algae is during dinner .

IMG_351220Stitch-001_zpsy0vwjovq.jpg

But I do love an artistic manhole cover !

DSC00390_zpsvnpohbqv.jpg

After dinner and returning to the hotel we were quite tired and almost ready for bed . I told Pat that I had an 'Uncle Ike' in Seattle and that we should pay him a quick visit before we went to sleep .

DSC00400_zpsxbp9xtqj.jpg

She wasn't amused .

Outstanding photos!!! thanks for posting...we'll sail the Eurodam in November:D

Thank you Jane , we're glad that you like them . We're looking forward to showing the ship but we still had a full day in Seattle before boarding the Eurodam .

We noticed also that you are also booked on the Ecstasy . That was our first cruise back in the late 90's ! :) :D

We did enjoy our cruise on the Eurodam and wished that it was longer , but we are also booked on the Koningsdam in October for some diving in the Caribbean . :cool:

I can hardly wait for that Kdam cruise and the chance to dive with both of you! :D

Seattle looks like it would be a fun city to visit. I guess it will have to take it's place in line with all the others on the ever growing list of places I want to visit. My dilemma now is whether I want to start the Alaska cruise I hope to book eventually in Seattle or in Vancouver. I guess that is not such a bad dilemma to have if one must have a dilemma. :D

I can hardly wait for that Kdam cruise and the chance to dive with both of you! :D

Seattle looks like it would be a fun city to visit. I guess it will have to take it's place in line with all the others on the ever growing list of places I want to visit. My dilemma now is whether I want to start the Alaska cruise I hope to book eventually in Seattle or in Vancouver. I guess that is not such a bad dilemma to have if one must have a dilemma. :D

We did miss diving on this cruise and look forward to diving and cruising with you and Barry . This was a fun get away for us and different for us since we didn't pay in cash before going ( and we have the charge card bill to prove it ! ) .

But it's also nice to plan ahead before going and having the money to pay before going ! :cool:

Nice eclectic mix of pics. Pat is looking well, I take it the knee is all better now.

Thanks Mic and yes she's doing quite well for all that she went through .

We try to be more careful with diet and have slowed our pace to try to prevent accidents - like when walking on glaciers ! :rolleyes:

But we sometimes forget how old we are because the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak .