Seadream India or Vietnam

indiavietnam

Thanks.

Dad is an unusual 95yo. He finished working full time as a grazier driving bulldozers and fencing l5 months ago after a bad fall.

Now he is walks on my arm for any distance and we scoot around in a wheelie walker in the city. He still gets in and out of a 4WD to go to the property and is lots of work for me whether here at home or away. He was fit and able to get to Russia in 2011 as an avid traveller, hence his desire to go on a cruise.

The food seemed better on a smaller ship and the entertainment is not our thing. With a smaller ship I thought had smaller distances to walk and more personal assistance. I thought from the ship layout an elevator took you everywhere other than the top deck bar.

Am I really crazy to go on Seadream?

Any help is appreciated by me.

Thanks.

Dad is an unusual 95yo. He finished working full time as a grazier driving bulldozers and fencing l5 months ago after a bad fall.

Now he is walks on my arm for any distance and we scoot around in a wheelie walker in the city. He still gets in and out of a 4WD to go to the property and is lots of work for me whether here at home or away. He was fit and able to get to Russia in 2011 as an avid traveller, hence his desire to go on a cruise.

The food seemed better on a smaller ship and the entertainment is not our thing. With a smaller ship I thought had smaller distances to walk and more personal assistance. I thought from the ship layout an elevator took you everywhere other than the top deck bar.

Am I really crazy to go on Seadream?

Any help is appreciated by me.

We once took my Mother in Law for her 80th birthday on SeaDream. She was accompanied by her 90 year old companion. They got around the ship fine. You are right the elevator covers all decks except the TOYBar deck. Boarding the tender down the steep gangway was a bit of a job for him but the crew is very skilled at assisting older passengers on and off the boat. They are very small ships so any type of scooters, etc. would not be practical but if he can move ok under his own steam I think you will be fine.:D

If you ask SD should tell you for a given voyage where ports are docking as opposed to anchoring with a tender to shore. The steps up the gangway aren't bad when docked so the gangway goes to land and is thus stable. However, when anchored and walking to an from down the stairs to the tender dock alongside the ship any swell rocks the stairs back and forth. It can be very tricky even for those with the best balance. Thus there is a chance you may not be able to safely get on and off at ports where the ship is anchored with tender service.

While I have been critical lately, they were always responsive to emails in the past. There is a general email address on the web site. Advise them if they don't respond promptly you will reconsider the booking. In addition, a good TA should be able to get this information whether they have been on the ship or not. The key isn't the ship itself but the itinerary as to docking versus anchoring.

Adreinne is your best bet. adannunzio@seadream.com

I sailed a few years ago with a broken leg. I had a wheelchair which worked fine in most areas of the ship and crutches other places. Even made it to the TOY one night! But if your dad can walk, he should be fine on most of the ship. The gangways can be a bit tricky, so you should likely find out where you would dock and where tender.

Good luck!

Vandrefalk