Can someone tell me if my balcony on the Epic is covered?

purple88

Hi! We are planning on going on the Epic in February and also wanting a balcony room. Do you know which ones are the best and on what deck? We have had balcony rooms on Princess and Celebrity. Nothing compared so far to our balcony on Princess so we were spoiled. I think most balconies unless you are in a suite or paying top dollar you pretty much have a regular sized small balcony. Where are the BA balconies located on the ship if they are the more expensive? What are the ones where you can supposedly just look down on the water? Thanks for your help!!

Hi,

We are sailing on the epic in January and have cabins 9020 & 9024. I was wondering if these cabins are "hull" balconies with the steel railing also we were hoping that there were dividers that could be opened to connect the balconies. Any info or pictures would be much appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...

Lusitanica - you are amazing pointing out cabins on Epic. What can you tell me or show me about 9072. I just upgraded to a balcony for a REALLY GOOD DEAL and I hope the balcony view is not obstructed.

Thanks for any information - if you have a picture of where it is on the ship, I would be thrilled to see it.

thank you,

Janet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13091 is a covered balcony above open balconies on deck 8.

There are partially lifeboats below, partially (less obstructive) liferaft equipment.

13091.jpg

Hello. Thanks for this great info. I'm in 13099 so based on this picture I believe I will be covered & possibly not have any lifeboats below me. If that is accurate it seems like a good choice. I do believe I made 2 rookie mistakes by picking a cabin with the bed in front so it sounds like it's going to be tight & I picked the starboard side. In hindsight I am assuming the port side will have better views on port days. Is there any advantage to the starboard side? Also does anyone know if I will have any issues with noise? The kids club is the deck above me but I think it's not directly above, I believe I just cleared it. I wonder if I should have played it safe & picked deck 12. Any thoughts? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

How are you finding pictures with the ability to figure out where your cabin is? We're anxious for our April 9th sailing on the Epic and have cabin 8117 - I believe it's category BG. I selected this mid-ship location but never thought about whether it would or wouldn't be covered. Thanks for any info!:)

• 4 weeks later...

This thread has been so super helpful. It should be put kept somewhere near the top all the time . . . we will be in 8193 and after seeing 8186 and counting, I think we'll be pleased!

Can't say thanks enough!!

• 2 weeks later...
nobody got any ideas??

I was in 8101 and it was overlooked/uncovered and had clear views down to the water.

Read back through this thread, there are lots of exterior pix with cabin #'s on them, you should be able to figure it out if no one else answers you.

Those are among the worst.

They are covered, but they are deeper in the superstructure and two of them (9227 and 9229) can be observed from higher decks of the adjacent "hump" and from exposed 9225 balcony as well.

9227, 9229 and 9231 balconies have less view of the sea, but more view of the roofless balconies of the deck 8 in front below. Huge lifeboats spoil the rest of the view.

98329525.jpg

lusitanica,,, I love the picture... I am in 12231 can you repost the plain picture without the lines to the cabin on desk 9. I want is for my pictures on FB

MANY THANKS

• 1 month later...