Best balcony rooms on Epic?

Alliea

There seems to be a section that of rooms that jet out from the rest. (sort of like on RCL).. would these be a good cabin to book ?? Best views.. etc.

Have a look at this link http://www.cruisecheap.com/ships/norwegian-cruise-line-norwegian-epic-deck-plans.html

I guess it depends on what you want with regards to balcony size/space, however after a quick look its looks like the cabin are mostly "family" cabins.

There are quite a few standard cabins that have extra large balconies on the hump. I have a BF booked for September that will be reclassified as a B6 next spring because of the size of the balcony, so I would suggest you book before then if you are looking for a great deal.

We have BG 9281 towards the back what will this mean for us.

Should I try and get them to change it?

Thanks for any help in this matter.

To the best of my knowledge, it's located as shown.

Pros:

a rare place on Epic from where you can ever see waterline

Cons:

aft location means motion up and down (depends on sea condition)

the balcony has no roof

prospective view forward is still spoiled by lifeboats

potentially only - a zone of vibration (along with engine location zone and uptakes zone upwards)

30128671.jpg

I've been doing my fair share of studying the EPIC deck plan and comparing it to actual photos.

I probably should not give away my secret, but based on my research the best standard balcony cabins are forward on Deck 9.

Specifically cabins 9025/9027 and 9024/9026.

So what makes these cabins so special? It's all about the balcony.

First, the balcony is open (meaning a glass rail), and not enclosed like the balcony cabins all the way forward and all the way aft.

Second, the balcony is double the size of all others.

Third, there is no obstruction and a direct view of the sea with nothing below.

Forth, and this aspect is the most unique ... the balcony is 1/2 covered for total privacy, and 1/2 open to the sky above so you can even sunbathe if you wanted to, and enjoy the air and sunlight. It's the best of both worlds.

Ok, my secret is out. Don't tell anyone! LOL

Ernie

Wow... All great suggestions! And I thank you, eroller, for sharing your research with me!

We booked a stern balcony as well (before the category change) because of the view, the protection from lots of wind on sea days, and most importantly, the potential for some good ol' fashioned rockin'! ;)

Wow... All great suggestions! And I thank you, eroller, for sharing your research with me!

We booked a stern balcony as well (before the category change) because of the view, the protection from lots of wind on sea days, and most importantly, the potential for some good ol' fashioned rockin'! ;)

If you see their cabin rockin', dont' go a knockin'.:p

this aspect is the most unique ... the balcony is 1/2 covered for total privacy, and 1/2 open to the sky above so you can even sunbathe if you wanted to, and enjoy the air and sunlight. It's the best of both worlds.

Note. "1/2 covered for total privacy" - half privacy cannot be total.

"1/2 open to the sky above" - means no privacy.

Yes, it's tempting!

But too much pitching here - dealbreaker.

Note. "1/2 covered for total privacy" - half privacy cannot be total.

"1/2 open to the sky above" - means no privacy.

Yes, it's tempting!

But too much pitching here - dealbreaker.

Ship movement does not bother me, but even if it did it would not prevent me from booking a forward cabin. Keep in mind the most expensive suites on the ship are located all the way forward, and very high up. They are basically prone to the most motion but I certainly would not pass one up and would hardly consider the location a deal breaker.

As for privacy, if you are sitting on the section of the balcony that is covered (which is closest to the balcony door), it is total privacy. You can do whatever you want there and no one will see you unless you are docked and someone is standing dockside. That section of the balcony is the same size as any standard balcony on the ship (as these cabins have a double sized balcony). Move closer to the rail to the section of the balcony that is uncovered, and then you don't have the privacy but you have the open sky above and can even get a tan if you want.

This is what I mean by the best of both worlds. You can have your chairs in total privacy if you want, or move them closer to the rail for the sun. Your choice.

A great advantage of being fore or aft is the corridor outside the cabins tends to be very quiet. You don't have people walking by talking, laughing, or whatever as there is no reason to be in the area unless your cabin is there.

Ernie

Edited by eroller

Ship movement does not bother me, but even if it did it would not prevent me from booking a forward cabin. Keep in mind the most expensive suites on the ship are located all the way forward, and very high up. They are basically prone to the most motion but I certainly would not pass one up and would hardly consider the location a deal breaker.

I would try bow location, but for myself only. I wouldn't dare to place my family there.

What is Epic's waterslide next to this...

70287065.jpg

• 6 years later...

Room 11260 is the bed by the balcony? Is this a good room choice? Cruise Feb 2018 :cool: thanks in advance, so happy for a wonderful place to ask. And I assume balcony is covered.

We are sailing later this year on the Epic in cabin 13067. Balcony looks HUGE. When we booked the CAS rep even remarked that it was one of the largest balconies on the ship. I am hopeful!

This is the balcony from 13043, which is the same as yours, but on the other side of the bump.

• 1 year later...
This is the balcony from 13043, which is the same as yours, but on the other side of the bump.

Hi,

I know this an older post, but we are booked in this room 13043 next January and have never been on Epic. Do you happen to have more pictures of the room to share? I was very happy to see the size of the balcony from your pictures. Any other tips about the room are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Hi,

I know this an older post, but we are booked in this room next January and have never been on Epic. Do you happen to have more pictures of the room to share? I was very happy to see the size of the balcony from your pictures. Any other tips about the room are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!