Harwich cruise shuttle

referee

I've been looking for ways of getting from Central London to Harwich for our cruise, and came across this bus service called Harwich Cruise Shuttle. The prices seemed fairly reasonable. Does anybody have any information pro or con about this service Thanks

Guessing this is the one operated by International Friends (& promoted by London Toolkit) at £59.

http://www.internationalfriends.co.uk/shore-excursions-and-cruise-transfers.html

A recently-introduced hotel-to-ship service operated by an established & reputable coach operator. You can book with confidence.

London-to-Harwich isn't their best cruise transfer because of the time constraints & the lack of worthwhile places to visit on the way to Harwich. No sight-seeing on the way, but a useful stop at a superstore to stock up on wine, sodas, etc.

A better bet than ship-sponsored transfer (unless your hotel is right by Victoria coach station), & possibly better than the train unless your hotel is convenient to Liverpool Street station. Both coach & train drop you right by the ship.

Their tour-transfers from Southampton or Dover to London are much better for folk arriving at those ports, because they offer excellent sightseeing options on the way.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

• 6 months later...

John Bull,

I hope that you are still lurking on this thread.

You said:

Guessing this is the one operated by International Friends (& promoted by London Toolkit) at £59.

http://www.internationalfriends.co.u...transfers.html

A recently-introduced hotel-to-ship service operated by an established & reputable coach operator. You can book with confidence.

London-to-Harwich isn't their best cruise transfer because of the time constraints & the lack of worthwhile places to visit on the way to Harwich. No sight-seeing on the way, but a useful stop at a superstore to stock up on wine, sodas, etc.

A better bet than ship-sponsored transfer (unless your hotel is right by Victoria coach station), & possibly better than the train unless your hotel is convenient to Liverpool Street station. Both coach & train drop you right by the ship.

I searched for posts on Harwich Cruise Bus and came across your post. Are your comments still valid? I investigated options for LHR hotel to Harwich transfer after late evening arrival at LHR and overnight at Premier Inn M4. Train is not an option for us. Your comments about this being better than the ship transfer, at least for my case, since it doesn't require going back to LHR Arrivals :mad: , make sense to me. And I thought the superstore stop was useful. The only alternative I found, other than private car service which I think is overkill for this situation, was silverfleet shared minivan, and I thought a regular coach, though slower with all the pickups, would be preferable.

Comments? And my thanks in advance.

Edited by DaveT65
clarify wording

I searched for posts on Harwich Cruise Bus and came across your post. Are your comments still valid? I investigated options for LHR hotel to Harwich transfer after late evening arrival at LHR and overnight at Premier Inn M4. Train is not an option for us. Your comments about this being better than the ship transfer, at least for my case, since it doesn't require going back to LHR Arrivals :mad: , make sense to me. And I thought the superstore stop was useful. The only alternative I found, other than private car service which I think is overkill for this situation, was silverfleet shared minivan, and I thought a regular coach, though slower with all the pickups, would be preferable.

Comments? And my thanks in advance.

The Harwich cruise shuttle information can be found on London Toolkit's site:

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/harwich_fromlondon_shuttle.html

We were initially planning to take the bus, but we are now planning on sharing a private transfer with some other cruisers that we have "met" on the roll call. If you have not done so, you could check in on the roll call and see if there are others in need of a transfer from the city.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here have experience with britishcruisetransfers.co.uk? Their pricing showing on their web site for a private car transfer, Heathrow to Harwich, is much less than virtually all other car services. 110+ GBP versus 150+ GBP. :confused: That is competitive with shared shuttle or Harwich Cruise Bus.

• 1 month later...
The Harwich cruise shuttle information can be found on London Toolkit's site:

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/harwich_fromlondon_shuttle.html

We were initially planning to take the bus, but we are now planning on sharing a private transfer with some other cruisers that we have "met" on the roll call. If you have not done so, you could check in on the roll call and see if there are others in need of a transfer from the city.

Mike

Hi Mike - we did the same thing and got a group of Cruise Critic people to share a large van. I can't remember how much it cost us but the price was reasonable. Because we were all staying at different hotels they picked us all up and did not charge extra for the different stops.

Marion