What should I wear?

smithp7

Peregrina651, just curious, but what style sketchers do you have? They all seem to look athletic. I do a lot of walking at work, so I was looking

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Good thing I kept the boxes. I have six pairs in 4 different styles. Rival (13755-mesh looking fabric), Compose (13815--wool-like fabric for winter) both of which I have traveled in and two new styles Achiever (14165) and On the Edge (23315, which is very sport shoe looking).

Peregrina651, just curious, but what style sketchers do you have? They all seem to look athletic. I do a lot of walking at work, so I was looking

Hi Missy, I don,t know if you have a DSW shoe outlet near you but I found quite a few models there. Then you can try them on and see what shoe you like the fit, feel and look of. We also have a TJMaxx/ Marshall's here and I found some Skechers shoes there as well that were marked down. I liked them so much I ended up buying my sister a pair for her birthday. Good luck :) Pat

Silly me! If it is work shoes with a memory foam insole that you are looking for, try Clark's line of Cloudstepper shoes.

I don't see this in earlier responses: The World Cafe dinner dress code is what you wore during the daytime... no restrictions. Many change after walking all day just to be more comfortable, but it's not necessary. BTW, World Cafe has the same offerings as MDR, but you can play "mix and match" because it's buffet style. AWESOME gelato! Same wine/beer included. Our experience is that Viking cruisers do not wear aging Tshirts or things with holes... generally a "neater" group, but NOT "dressed up"! I think most men wore shirts with collars (polo or button) at dinner time out of choice, even in World Cafe... but not all of them.

I don't see this in earlier responses: The World Cafe dinner dress code is what you wore during the daytime... no restrictions. Many change after walking all day just to be more comfortable, but it's not necessary. BTW, World Cafe has the same offerings as MDR, but you can play "mix and match" because it's buffet style. AWESOME gelato! Same wine/beer included. Our experience is that Viking cruisers do not wear aging Tshirts or things with holes... generally a "neater" group, but NOT "dressed up"! I think most men wore shirts with collars (polo or button) at dinner time out of choice, even in World Cafe... but not all of them.

BINGO! That describes the demographic perfectly. I have been looking for the right words and you found them--"Neater but not dressed up." Thank you!

wow that is a great description of what to wear . I love the sound of the world Café I'll probably be spending a lot of time there. Thank you so much for your input it really clarified things for me 😀Pat

wow that is a great description of what to wear . I love the sound of the world Café I'll probably be spending a lot of time there. Thank you so much for your input it really clarified things for me 😀Pat

Actually, those eating in the MDR dress the same as they do for the World Cafe (except no shorts allowed) and I find that other than self-serve vs table service, both are very comfortable places to dine. In truth, I prefer the MDR for dinner for multiple reasons but mostly, I think because the meal is more tranquil.

BINGO! That describes the demographic perfectly. I have been looking for the right words and you found them--"Neater but not dressed up." Thank you!

I agree, but I would not discourage someone who wanted to get a little bit dressed up for the MDR, or specialty restaurants. Not wedding wear, not heels, not sequins or lace or chiffon, but like you would wear to a nice dinner out. I like to feel a little bit more special than I do when going to our local Outback ( no slight to Outback!). The great thing about Viking, is within that range of "neat but not too dressed up", everyone is accepted.

I agree, but I would not discourage someone who wanted to get a little bit dressed up for the MDR, or specialty restaurants. Not wedding wear, not heels, not sequins or lace or chiffon, but like you would wear to a nice dinner out. I like to feel a little bit more special than I do when going to our local Outback ( no slight to Outback!). The great thing about Viking, is within that range of "neat but not too dressed up", everyone is accepted.

Agreed. At mealtime, except for shorts and T-shirts in the MDR/specialty venues, it is definitely, whatever floats your boat and folks are wearing whatever makes them happy.

EagleWatchers I did not realize that the World Cafe had the same offerings as the MDR. Lots of good choices...shrimp, salmon, steak cook to order but the MDR entrees too??? We loved the cold seafood /sushi selection in the World Cafe too!

EagleWatchers I did not realize that the World Cafe had the same offerings as the MDR. Lots of good choices...shrimp, salmon, steak cook to order but the MDR entrees too??? We loved the cold seafood /sushi selection in the World Cafe too!

Yes, and you could mix and match in MDR too! Order sides from a different entree, ask surf and turf, want to try everything on the menu but can't eat this much- ask for small portions (they know what to do) or opposite - love that appetizer? Ask for a large portion :)

We always checked the menues in the morning and you could see that MDR and the buffet have almost the same offerings give or take a couple of dishes BUT the buffet has cold seafood station and MDR doesn't plus some extra comfort food dishes.

Yes, and you could mix and match in MDR too! Order sides from a different entree, ask surf and turf, want to try everything on the menu but can't eat this much- ask for small portions (they know what to do) or opposite - love that appetizer? Ask for a large portion :)

We always checked the menues in the morning and you could see that MDR and the buffet have almost the same offerings give or take a couple of dishes BUT the buffet has cold seafood station and MDR doesn't plus some extra comfort food dishes.

Cold seafood buffet in the WC before heading in for a later dinner! (No, not every night, just a couple of times). I like seafood. :halo:

Cold seafood buffet in the WC before heading in for a later dinner! (No, not every night, just a couple of times). I like seafood. :halo:

I just read the response and thought WC was water closet and that made no sense at all. I hate it when you have to pay attention to the whole thread!;)

I just read the response and thought WC was water closet and that made no sense at all. I hate it when you have to pay attention to the whole thread!;)

Dang! The one time I use an abbreviation and I get caught! Good thing I spelled "in" correctly. 'On the WC" would have really thrown you for a loop.

Thanks Peregrina651 for this tip 😊I'm also a seafood lover and I'll be giving this a try when we go on our first Viking cruise in a couple weeks👍Pat

sushi, shrimp, crab legs& claws, sometimes oysters not sure what else....always great shrimps cocktail with dinner ( I liked the red cocktail sauce). they will always grill shrimp at lunch and dinner for you!!! My friend laughed when we got home that I had shrimp everyday of our 21 day cruise....good thing I do not have GOUT!!! Not sure how often for 120 days???

sushi, shrimp, crab legs& claws, sometimes oysters not sure what else....always great shrimps cocktail with dinner ( I liked the red cocktail sauce). they will always grill shrimp at lunch and dinner for you!!! My friend laughed when we got home that I had shrimp everyday of our 21 day cruise....good thing I do not have GOUT!!! Not sure how often for 120 days???

Heads up. The World Cafe buffet is not the same on both sides! Cook- to-order eggs are on the port side at breakfast. Pizza is only on one side at lunch (but I don't know which). And at dinner the seafood is only on the port side.