Taxi Fares at Boston Logan to Black Falcon Cruise Terminal ??

#1meme

You can see the pier from the airport, but the taxi fare is $25-30. There is also a public transit option for $2/pp - Silver Line bus from the airport terminal to World Trade Center - transfer over the tracks to the SL2 bus to Black Falcon Terminal.

There is also a water shuttle from Logan. You come out of baggage and wait for the bus that says water shuttle. This brings you over to an area that is pretty close to the pier--maybe a $10 taxi ride. But all in all would probably not save you money. But sometimes it is good to have a back up plan--like if there is a long wait for taxis at the airport or something odd like that. But yes, as noted above, although it is a short distance, the cost will be $25 to $30.

The water shuttle isn't all that convenient. You have to take a free shuttle bus from the terminal to the dock. The regular water taxi goes from Logan to Rowe's Wharf, which is not near Black Falcon. You can arrange for a water taxi to take you to Black Falcon, but you'd have to contact the Rowe's Wharf water taxi directly. I think it would run about $17/pp, but don't quote me on that.

We're sailing out of Boston on the Jewel of the Seas. We're arriving in Boston by Amtrak. When I checked the Amtrak Stations for Boston they showed 3 - South Boston, North Boston, and Back Bay. Can someone tell me which station we should come book? Also any advice on booking a hotel near the cruise port. If booking a hotel on Priceline or any other site, what area should we be looking considering? Also, does anyone have any idea regarding the approx cost for a taxi to the cruise port from one of the areas recommended for the hotel? Thanks for your help.

Lynn

138 East - Just to give you an update and to again ask you for your advice & suggestions. As I mentioned last week we finally booked a hotel on Hotwire - Hotel 140 in Back Bay. We were trying to get in the Back Bay area because we were arriving in Boston by Amtrak. As we were about to purchase our train tickets we found out there wasn't baggage service in Back Bay. After checking out many other options, we discovered Jet Blue airlines this evening. Long story short we booked our flights - they had a sale & it ended up costing us less $ than Amtrak or SW. If we had known we'd be flying into Boston we would have booked a hotel by the airport. Oh well! Do you know what's the best way for us to get from the airport to Hotel 140 and possible cost? We appreciate any information you can give us.

Thanks

Lynn

Here are the directions from the hotel website.

To Back Bay Station. Exit Clarendon Street side, turning right onto Clarendon. Walk past 100 Clarendon Parking Garage and we are located in the next building at 140 Clarendon Street. View an MBTA Subway Map.

To go by MBTA, you would need to take bus to the airport station, get on the blue line, go to government center, change to the green line toward north station and get off at Haymarket or North station. Then you change to the orange line to Back Bay station.

Or you can follow the above and at government center, take a trolley and get off at Copley station.

These are a lot of changes especially if you have a lot of luggage. Then you need to walk to the hotel.

I'm going to guess a taxi would be $30-40.

If cost is a factor, I would suggest taking the Silver Line bus to South Station. The Silver Line stops at each Logan terminal and costs $2/pp. It's very much like a very large rental car bus with a low step and luggage racks. At South Station there are elevators to get you to the street level where you can get a cab (cab stand on Atlantic Ave) to the hotel - this should be no more than $15 if that much.

I don't recommend taking luggage on the Green Line Trolley - they always seem to be crowded and have awkward steps.

Your question implied taking public transit but what I would recommend is just taking a taxi from Logan airport. Between the taxi from South Station and the $4 for the silver line, you can spend a little more and not have the hassle of dragging your luggage on the airport bus, and then through South Station especially if you are not familiar with Boston. Just consider it part of your vacation expense.

I too suggest a taxi but you also could take the Silver Line from the airport to South Station. Change to the Red Line. Change to the Orange Line at Washington St. and take the Orange to Back Bay Station.

Or, as the MBTA suggests, take the Silver Line to South Station and take the Commuter Rail (not AMTRAK which also leaves from South Station) to the next stop Back Bay Station. This may be the easiest to do.

The MBTA has a great mapping service. Go to http://www.mbta.com and use the trip planner.

• 10 months later...

South station is closest to the cruise port and the silver line which is really a bus not a true trolly runs down from south station to the black falcon cruise terminal. If I am not mistaken, not all silver line buses go to the cruise terminal - I think only silver line 2. Silver line 1 goes as far as the world trade center and then turns up to the airport. You can walk from the court house or world trade center stops but it depends how much luggage you have. If you get off at back bay you will have to change to silver at south station if you want to go by public transit. By the way the subway in Boston doesn't run all night long like in NYC, and it is much safe and less crowded.

• 2 years later...
Want to take wAter taxi from consitition to black falcon. Is this possible with the mbta ferry? I know the ferry goes to Long wharf. How far is this from the pier?

Take a free bus from all Terminals and the T Station to the Pier Route 66 Bus

the water taxi goes to the Black Falcon terminal Great service

http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/water-taxi/:)

• 9 months later...
How close does the water taxi get to the cruise terminal? We will be going from the cruise terminal to Rowe's Wharf to leave our luggage for a few hours.

My understanding is that the water taxi dock is at the Summer St end of the Black Falcon pier, but I would call them to confirm the location. You will have to troll your luggage from about mid pier to the end. Some folks commented that they did not expect to have to roll their luggage so far. Accessibility is not an issue - it's just that I'm guessing you have to roll your luggage about the length of the cruise ship.