allure or oasis kids club reviews please

ginger123snaps

I'm not hearing great things about their kids club…does anyone have experience with either one of these ships? I understand that the experience would be different during holiday seasons when more kids are out of school…but still…what I have read is not pretty. Would love to hear some positive remarks if not…I won't be sailing either of these ships.

Also, I read that they have a 100 kid capacity…has anyone ever been turned away because of full capacity?

We have sailed NCL and Carnival….when it comes to the kids we love our experience with the Carnival kids clubs…they really know how to do it! The kids club is a huge factor for us in choosing a ship. On NCL we were in a Haven suite and on Carnival we were in an ocean view (only choice for family of 5)…we still would do Carnival in a heartbeat just for the kids club experience.

Edited by ginger123snaps

I'd be curious to read the bad reviews of the kids club you have read. I can't imagine they have a 100 kid capacity on a ship that holds 5000+ passengers? I'll be going on the Allure in a few weeks with my 3 y/o and will report back my experience. He has been in Carnival kids club and NCL ( when they still took 2 y/o in the club). So far, Carnival has been the best, but I've heard good things about RCI.

Where have you seen these bad reviews?

DD is just now old enough for Adventure Ocean, but she used the nursery last year on Allure. We had a wonderful experience! Everyone we talked to that had kids in Adventure Ocean were happy with it.

I've never heard of the 100 kid limit in Adventure Ocean on a Royal Caribbean ship. Maybe someone was referring to limits I've heard of where they only allow so many kids in each age group onboard so that all kids can participate in the programs. I've heard of it on Princess, but am not sure about RCCL.

Okay good to hear some positives. thank you for the feedback

I did a search and read a few reviews that were negative…not all were on cruise critic. Of course people are more likely to write about a negative experience then positive.

The 100 child capacity might be for the nursery..it was off of their website and it didn't really specify and if it did..I could have overlooked it.

Hi

We have used the kids clubs on Voyager and Brilliance OTS and although not Oasis Class, they were fabulous, our kids ages ranged from 4 to11 at the time and they loved the clubs even though they are not hugely 'outgoing' children. The kids clubs on RCCI are fantastic in my experience with lots of things to do/activities to suit all. We had trouble getting our kids to leave at night they loved it so much!

We used all the kids facilities on Oasis the week after Thanksgiving this past year (6 mo & 6 1/2 yr. olds) and loved it. The facilities are great. Staff were really good and interactive. At times it didn't seem the most organized (or even outwardly friendly to parents except for the nursery which always was), but watching the staff they were always interacting with the kids. Special treat if you have little ones is the open play room that just has toys and moms/dads and kids can go in and play.

Only caveat to my experience is I'm comparing against several Holland America cruises which always seem to be lacking in the kids department, so hopefully i'm not gushing about something that is really mediocre compared to many others.

We have three kids now aged 8, nearly 6, and 3.5, and have used and loved Adventure Ocean on Freedom, Liberty and most recently on Allure. I've never had a single complaint. Often when we'd pick our kids up, they wouldn't want to leave! The counselors are all well trained, enthusiastic, energetic and great with kids. They gave themselves cute kid-friendly nicknames like "Rice Krispie" and "Super Mario," and frequently we'd hear our kids talking about which counselor was the most fun: "Nice Cream is really funniest!" "Oh, I like Rice Krispie best..."

We would sometimes see the AO counselors doing other "kid-related" tasks around the ship, like supervising the H2O Zone when it got very crowded on a sea day, or running the carousel, and our kids were thrilled to see them and ran up for hugs and long discussions about what they would be doing in AO next. My oldest daughter's favorite was the last night of the cruise, when the kids in the 6-8 age group--"Explorers"--got to vote on which one of the counselors they could "slime."

I've never heard of anyone being turned away because the program had hit capacity. I agree with a PP that this may refer to Royal Babies & Tots rather than AO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I am really glad I found this on here! The only time I have ever cruised with one of my children was on the Carnival Fantasy. Besides the fact that my son (10 months old at the time) was too young to participate in anything, I was pretty disappointed with their kids program. I am going on the Allure in May and will be cruising with my now 4 year old son and my 2 year old son. I know to expect more from RCI than Carnival anyway, but I have still been kind of nervous about leaving them with the Adventure Ocean crew and everything. Reading this has made me feel alot better!

My girls were 3.5 when we sailed on Oasis, and they had a wonderful time! The staff was great, even with my autistic child who was not yet potty trained at the time. We"re sailing on the Carnival Sunshine for Thanksgiving and I'm actually nervous that Camp Carnival might not meet the bar set by Adventure Ocean. I'm sure we"ll all have a great time, though!

• 5 months later...

We were on the Oasis in May with our twins who had just turned 7. Honestly, it was the first cruise we've been on that they didn't like the camp. I was shocked!!

We are loyal Carnival cruisers and my kids have been on probably 8 Carnival cruises. They love camp there and beg to go all the time. I assumed that Royal would be "better" than Carnival, but apparently my kids didn't think so. They said that all they did in camp was play one game after another (think Duck, Duck, Goose...etc, not board games). They said they had to play the game and there was nothing else they were allowed to do. Normally, my kids are fine with doing the planned activity, but I think on Carnival, the activities are more varied....not just one game after another.

Their age group room (6-8) was barren of any toys, etc. that they might be able to use outside of the current game. This struck me as really odd because on Carnival, the room is filled with stuff......crayons, blocks, arts & crafts, etc.

I don't know if this is just a difference between Royal and Carnival, or if this was specific to the Oasis in particular. I was just really, really surprised at how much my kids disliked the camp. We're going on the Allure in November and I'm hoping they have a better experience there.

Their age group room (6-8) was barren of any toys, etc.

Something is weird about your experience. We have cruised many times (4 on Allure and 2 on Oasis) and our kids loved the Adventure Ocean program. A guy named Cody has been involved on both ships, but he may have moved to the Quantum now, but he is great at running that program. One of my daughters gets tired outside the night they run on the bball courts and we just told the counselors and they made sure to bring some cards for her to play with.

BTW, she used stuff like hoola hoops all the time, and you can see all that stuff when you tour the AO program on day 1 and usually every time you pick your kids up at night.

I forgot to report back after our Allure cruise...oops! My 3 y/o loved the kids club and I was very impressed with the facilities. He always wanted to go! In my opinion, it was far better than the kids club on Carnival as far as activities, etc. I never saw the kids parked in front of the TV on the Allure (this is a common theme on Carnival I have found). On the last day of the cruise, they had a kid's talent show in their little theater and OMG I was in tears it was so adorable and funny!

My kids have both enjoyed the Royal and Tots nursery. Our recent cruise on the Allure was the first time my son was old enough to participate in Adventure Ocean. He loved it! And asked everyday to go to Aquanauts. All the activities are cutely themed and the staff was very energetic.

We will be cruising on the Allure with our 2 and 3 year old in November. Does anyone know where I can find a schedule of the hours for the kids clubs? It is also my understanding that they will be in separate clubs and we will have to pay per hour for our two year old? This is the first time using a program like this so I am trying to figure everything out! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Oasis in May with our twins who had just turned 7. Honestly, it was the first cruise we've been on that they didn't like the camp. I was shocked!!

We are loyal Carnival cruisers and my kids have been on probably 8 Carnival cruises. They love camp there and beg to go all the time. I assumed that Royal would be "better" than Carnival, but apparently my kids didn't think so. They said that all they did in camp was play one game after another (think Duck, Duck, Goose...etc, not board games). They said they had to play the game and there was nothing else they were allowed to do. Normally, my kids are fine with doing the planned activity, but I think on Carnival, the activities are more varied....not just one game after another.

Their age group room (6-8) was barren of any toys, etc. that they might be able to use outside of the current game. This struck me as really odd because on Carnival, the room is filled with stuff......crayons, blocks, arts & crafts, etc.

I don't know if this is just a difference between Royal and Carnival, or if this was specific to the Oasis in particular. I was just really, really surprised at how much my kids disliked the camp. We're going on the Allure in November and I'm hoping they have a better experience there.

Unfortunately our 6 year old had a similar experience on Allure. I was also disappointed that one of the two counselors had to spend all their time checking kids in and out. One day we came back and DS was bawling. Some kid had wacked him in dodge ball and the counselor didn't even notice. And the games were super active. Nothing for the quieter kids who might prefer something else.

After being on a Disney it is crazy how small the RCCL kids club areas are. However I am sure that plays a big factor in kid enjoyment so we would try again.