Saint John Resort Excursion on Mykonos- Beach access?

akozlosk

Hello... trying to find out a couple things about this resort... is the ocean water warm enough to swim in during mid to late Oct? Also, is it worth bringing our snorkeling gear to the beach at the St John's resort?

Thanks for any info :)

Celine

how was the resort?

we will be there this September and wonder if they still have the package

thanks

Happier, noted that you are from Portland Maine. We are as well and will be in Mykonos in Sept. on the Ruby Princess and also plan to go to Mykonos.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey just wanted to share -

I contacted Saint John to see if they were offering the package again for this cruise season.

Happily they responded with YES & sent me the email reservation form.

The Beach access/transport package is still 30 Euro

The beach/food/massage package is 140 Euro

Hmm pretty sure what we'll be doing there :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hello... trying to find out a couple things about this resort... is the ocean water warm enough to swim in during mid to late Oct? Also, is it worth bringing our snorkeling gear to the beach at the St John's resort?

Thanks for any info :)

Celine

Here are the water temps in October:

http://www.seatemperature.org/europe/greece/mykonos-october.htm

Too cold for me!

Hi!

Is there WiFi available at the resort, for free, a fee or?

Will be there with celebrity reflection 16th of September 2013 .

Had been in mykonos may 2012 with princess cruises. Didn't book their shuttle, decided to walk. A fisherman with a 'trike' offered us a 5 € trip to town. Really fun :)

Edited by gluexfee

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!

Is there WiFi available at the resort, for free, a fee or?

Will be there with celebrity reflection 16th of September 2013 .

Had been in mykonos may 2012 with princess cruises. Didn't book their shuttle, decided to walk. A fisherman with a 'trike' offered us a 5 € trip to town. Really fun :)

I asked the same question about WIFI and the answer was Yes all FREE!!:)

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious as to the food prices at the resort. We are going back and forth between the 30 or $140 package. Also, if you want a massage can we book it separately if we don't want to do the higher priced package? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious as to the food prices at the resort. We are going back and forth between the 30 or $140 package. Also, if you want a massage can we book it separately if we don't want to do the higher priced package? Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Hippy Fish Taverna is located with easy access from this hotel??

I emailed St. John about their cruisers day pass yesterday and they sent me an email with the reservation form and they are now offering 2 options both at €70.

Package 1: €70 per person

Breakfast and Massage

Unlimited use of the sunbeds next to the swimming pool or to the beach, Jacuzzi, gym and shower. A back massage for 25 minutes to our "Aphrodite" Spa Center. (upon appointment)

Package 2: €70 per person

Breakfast $ Lunch

Unlimited use of the sunbeds next to the swimming pool or to the beach, Jacuzzi, gym and shower. 4 course dinner (choose which menue-see attached)

There is no mention of the previous 2 options! I was looking forward to paying €30 and ordering lunch at the pool bar!

I emailed St. John about their cruisers day pass yesterday and they sent me an email with the reservation form and they are now offering 2 options both at €70.

Package 1: €70 per person

Breakfast and Massage

Unlimited use of the sunbeds next to the swimming pool or to the beach, Jacuzzi, gym and shower. A back massage for 25 minutes to our "Aphrodite" Spa Center. (upon appointment)

Package 2: €70 per person

Breakfast $ Lunch

Unlimited use of the sunbeds next to the swimming pool or to the beach, Jacuzzi, gym and shower. 4 course dinner (choose which menue-see attached)

There is no mention of the previous 2 options! I was looking forward to paying €30 and ordering lunch at the pool bar!

We are scheduled to go to Saint John in July and I came across the new packages in another roll call this morning. Emailed Saint John and was told that my price would be honored (already had reserved with credit card). The 30 Euro deal was offered earlier this year. At first she said it was a winter special and I could switch to the new packages if wished. I asked why would July 15 be considered winter and then she clarified saying she meant it was offered earlier this year.

Just curious... what's in town that worth leaving the resort early for?

We have to be back on the ship by 1:30pm, so curious if we should plan on leaving an hour early from the resort to walk around in town. Anything worthwhile?

Just curious... what's in town that worth leaving the resort early for?

We have to be back on the ship by 1:30pm, so curious if we should plan on leaving an hour early from the resort to walk around in town. Anything worthwhile?

Wow that is an early time to be back to the ship. It is just me but I think your time would be better spent in the town and not at the resort.

Here is a link that I came across yesterday that details everything to do in Mykonos. Wonderful, detailed information.

http://www.tomsportguides.com/portguides.html

• 1 month later...

Very disappointed also. We were seriously considering doing the 30 Euros package and enjoying lunch and drinks at the resort which would probably come to 70 Euros but are not willing to book a 70 Euro package for 2 meals. Guess I will keep looking for other plans...

Just returned from the Saint John Resort last week. This place blew me away. And in hindsight, I know wish that we had done the 70 Euro package instead of the 30 Euro per person. Food and drink are EXTREMELY expensive. This isn't some little Mom and Pop operation, it is luxury. When we got home Sunday, I decided to see what it would cost to return and stay for a week. I was given a the best available discounted rate of 16,000 Euros! Even a non view garden view was running more than 800 Euros a night. Of course, you could just not order anything but the 70 Euro deal is not that bad of an offer.

Anyone who considers going - Make sure you are in place prior to your meeting time. We had scheduled a 10 a.m. pickup time and left the tender drop off point at 9:45 a.m.

We thought we had plenty of time to get from where the tenders drop you off to the pickup point which Saint John said was 150 meters. WRONG. It was a much further walk. Add to that, no signs or anyone to tell you where the Yacht Club was. We walked around in circles, back and forth.

It was very frustrating and no one wanted to help. We finally found a couple who had also booked and were left behind. They found someone to call the resort. The resort did not want to send their driver back as it would be at least 20 minutes. In the end, they did and the five of us made it to the resort.

We are scheduled to go there in just over 3 weeks, can you explain more about the meetup point? Thanks for the tip!

Just returned from the Saint John Resort last week...

Anyone who considers going - Make sure you are in place prior to your meeting time. We had scheduled a 10 a.m. pickup time and left the tender drop off point at 9:45 a.m.

We thought we had plenty of time to get from where the tenders drop you off to the pickup point which Saint John said was 150 meters. WRONG. It was a much further walk. Add to that, no signs or anyone to tell you where the Yacht Club was. We walked around in circles, back and forth.

It was very frustrating and no one wanted to help. We finally found a couple who had also booked and were left behind. They found someone to call the resort. The resort did not want to send their driver back as it would be at least 20 minutes. In the end, they did and the five of us made it to the resort.

Edited by compulady