Labadee - Bungalows vs. Cabanas

Treacher1

A few years ago we rented a cabana at Labadee - we had a great experience. This year we will be renting a bungalow - mainly due to new pricing - cabanas now double the price of a few years ago, and bungalows the price of what a cabana once was. I am interested in someone who has experienced both - will we be at all disappointed in the bungalow vs. the cabana? What was your opinion of the bungalow - and any suggestions on tipping - per drink or just an amount at end of day? Thanks for any information.

We were there early this month. Had 2 bungalows for 16 people. We all loved it. I had cabanas over the water and while it was nice I would do the bungalows over cabanas in a heart beat. Service was awesome. We tipped at the end of the day. The buffet is close by . The ocean is right there and they do not allow anyone in the area that doesn't belong. Cabanas at Nellies also just get the buffet. We loved it so much I just booked 2 for next year when we go on the Allure.

I am on Oasis next August 2018 and do not see cabanas or bungalows even offered. I check every day as I want to make sure we get one. Im just in an OV Balcony so no concierge. Wasnt aware of bungalows being offered we onky have experience with over he water, but want something a little easier for my mom to get in/out of the water. Do I stand a shot of securing one or do they sell out immediately?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on Oasis next August 2018 and do not see cabanas or bungalows even offered. I check every day as I want to make sure we get one. Im just in an OV Balcony so no concierge. Wasnt aware of bungalows being offered we onky have experience with over he water, but want something a little easier for my mom to get in/out of the water. Do I stand a shot of securing one or do they sell out immediately?

Thanks.

Cabanas are allocated to suite and Pinnacle guests then to Diamond Plus. On our last Oasis cruise there were a lot of Pinnacle and suite guests who rent them so there were none left for DP.

I was able to rent to bungalows online 2 days ago and pay for them this is for Allure cruise next April.. As far as the cabanas it shows I can rent those also except for the cabanas on Barefoot Beach those are strictly for grand suites and above only. So maybe if you don't see them available your cruise might be to far out .

I was able to rent to bungalows online 2 days ago and pay for them this is for Allure cruise next April.. As far as the cabanas it shows I can rent those also except for the cabanas on Barefoot Beach those are strictly for grand suites and above only. So maybe if you don't see them available your cruise might be to far out .

I too was able to rent a bungalow for our February 2018 Oasis cruise yesterday. All the posters on this thread made it sound so good, I had to book before they were all gone. I noticed that, on he shore excursions page for the bungalow, there was a note that the area is not private. Meaning?

I too was able to rent a bungalow for our February 2018 Oasis cruise yesterday. All the posters on this thread made it sound so good, I had to book before they were all gone. I noticed that, on he shore excursions page for the bungalow, there was a note that the area is not private. Meaning?

The area around the bungalows is also open to people who have not rented bungalows.

We've rented a Cabana in the past and a Bungalow more recently (like others due to pricing). To us, we did not see a big difference and even had our same server from when we were in the Cabana help during our time in the bungalow! Location is a little far out, that's the only negative I can think of.

Thank you all. I just double checked and still do not see any bungalow or cabana options for August 2018. When you say the location is a little far away for a bungalow do you mean they are still on a beach? Being further out and a little far away is even better and away from crowds. Thanks all.

No Bungalows on my last visit to Labadee...anyone have pictures of these and where exactly are they?

I don't have any pictures, but the bungalows are located at Columbus Cove --- at the far end. They were an option on our Oasis cruise two weeks ago, but we chose a beach bed on Adrenaline Beach, since there were only 2 of us, and they are cheaper. Great access to the new floating bar......

mac_tlc

If you look on the ports board someone posted pictures. Sorry I do not know how to link it. Also when you get off ship if you turn right a boat will take you to Columbus Cove for free or you can take the tram or walk or take the little driving cart up to 6 people .

• 3 months later...
I don't have any pictures, but the bungalows are located at Columbus Cove --- at the far end. They were an option on our Oasis cruise two weeks ago, but we chose a beach bed on Adrenaline Beach, since there were only 2 of us, and they are cheaper. Great access to the new floating bar......

mac_tlc

Mac_tlc , could you give me any more information on renting the beach bed on Adrenaline Beach - we noticed this as an option to rent, but we can not find much information on it

Specifically (and I apologize if this sounds like an odd question) but what stops other (confused) guests from thinking these are "up for grabs" and climbing right in while we are in the water, ect? ... based on the photos, it seems like these are just sitting on adrenaline beach (not as if they only have private access or anything like that) - Hahaha , if we were to return from the bar or the water to find other guests lounging in our bed (and getting sand everywhere) that will greatly sadden me.

I'm sure no one would do so on purpose, but I could easily envision someone thinking they are just up for grabs

Any other thoughts / tips regarding the bed rental would also be appreciated - Thanks!

Mac_tlc , could you give me any more information on renting the beach bed on Adrenaline Beach - we noticed this as an option to rent, but we can not find much information on it

Specifically (and I apologize if this sounds like an odd question) but what stops other (confused) guests from thinking these are "up for grabs" and climbing right in while we are in the water, ect? ... based on the photos, it seems like these are just sitting on adrenaline beach (not as if they only have private access or anything like that) - Hahaha , if we were to return from the bar or the water to find other guests lounging in our bed (and getting sand everywhere) that will greatly sadden me.

I'm sure no one would do so on purpose, but I could easily envision someone thinking they are just up for grabs

Any other thoughts / tips regarding the bed rental would also be appreciated - Thanks!

While they are not roped off, there is an attendant that you check in with when you arrive, and they show you to your beach bed. There is also a bar attendant they makes the rounds frequently, checking with you to see if you need a drink or if there is anything else you need. They also alerted us as to when the lunch buffet opened. We had our towels and a few other items on our beach bed, and never noticed anyone "wandering around" looking to to take possession of any of the beach beds.

Compared to a cabana and even a bungalow, especially if we only have 2, the price is much better and we would do it again in a heartbeat.

mac_tlc

• 3 weeks later...

All these links take you to info about Coco Cay, not Labadee!!