Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

• 2 months later...

Greetings, spa-goers!!

Been a while since I last posted. Hope everyone is well!!

It's been suggested to me that I try Holland America and I was wondering if anyone could share their first-hand accounts of the sauna and/or steam facilities on HAL's fleet.

What little I know is the following: most HAL ships have co-ed saunas available to the general public and some ships also have gender-specific saunas that are NOT located in the locker room area (thus, NOT clothing optional).

Does HAL have any ships with the sauna or steam facilities located within the locker room areas of the fitness/spa facilities??

Thanks in advance for the information!!

Best wishes,

Gigglewolf O' the Seas

;)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Just booked a 15-night Whittier, AK to Beijing on board the Diamond Princess. From the deck diagram, looks like there is a dry and steam sauna in the men's room.

Curious if anyone has first-hand experience with this? Also, any comments on the day-spa, I think it's called Lotus. Worth the daily fee?

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Mermen,

What a great itinerary that is. It's been many years since we (partner and I) have sailed on Diamond Princess. If they have not remodeled the spa area, there are dry and steam rooms. The best part of the Lotus area are the heated stone beds. It's co-ed, so for instance if you want to use the rain shower you need to wear swimming trunks. In my opinion is not worth the fee.

Mermen,

What a great itinerary that is. It's been many years since we (partner and I) have sailed on Diamond Princess. If they have not remodeled the spa area, there are dry and steam rooms. The best part of the Lotus area are the heated stone beds. It's co-ed, so for instance if you want to use the rain shower you need to wear swimming trunks. In my opinion is not worth the fee.

Thank you Jorge! I appreciate the feedback...I understand they also have a "Sanctuary"...although I won't be on my knees praying, lol. I think the Sanctuary is a more quiet place which also incurs a fee. Hopefully we'll find some peace and quiet on the ship. I love the Solstice Class on =X= for this reason, although the sauna was on the small side.

I understand they also have a "Sanctuary"...although I won't be on my knees praying, lol

LOL... Oh I going to abstain from making further comments on this, CC rules dictate to keep G-rated.

I found the pool area in the spa to be a little more quit than the other pools. It is supposed to be an "adult only" area, but there were children there all the time. Considering that you are in a longer more exotic itinerary I don't think you will have as many children as we did on the Alaska itin. After we tried Celebrity, we haven't been back to Princess. The food, the service and even fellow passenger seem to have a little more class, and =S= class ship are just beautiful.

Have a wonderful time on the Diamond.

Jorge

• 1 month later...

Does HAL have any ships with the sauna or steam facilities located within the locker room areas of the fitness/spa facilities??

;)

Was on Nieuw Amsterdam last fall. The free sauna is a separate men's SMALL (4-5 pax) area that is clothing optional. It's near the pool, before entering the spa area. Admission to the Hydro Pool & Thermal Suites is around $20/day, but u can get a package. (I believe my 19 day pkg was around $350!) this area is co-ed & includes a really great hydro pool (lg whirlpool), large separate relaxation suite w heated tile loungers with amazing views out to sea, 4 different steam rooms (u choose the aromatherapy) & rainfall showers with light & temperature settings! If u book pkg, they give u an assortment of salt/sugar scrubs to use in the sauna. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time there each day. It was a very port intensive cruise & after walking all over Europe, I needed ME time!

I believe most HAL ships have similar set ups. And, no, u don't get access to these areas free when u book a spa treatment!

Just off Caribbean Princess, what a great steam and sauna area and free of charge. Yes I'm trying to create a list of free facilities.

Thanks for sharing that information! I hope the Diamond Princess is as nice as the Caribbean Princess...I know they have a steam and dry sauna in the men's locker area. :)

Thanks for sharing that information! I hope the Diamond Princess is as nice as the Caribbean Princess...I know they have a steam and dry sauna in the men's locker area. :)

You welcome, please let me know. Have a great cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking at cruising with P&O for the first time & specifically on the Ventura.

I've searched this thread for any info on the ship but sadly no results come up.

If anyone has any info on the mens spa area I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking at cruising with P&O for the first time & specifically on the Ventura.

I've searched this thread for any info on the ship but sadly no results come up.

If anyone has any info on the mens spa area I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

The spa area on Ventura is like Azura, they have a steam and sauna area which is Free of Charge. Just go to the Spa Reception and exchange your stateroom card for a locker key. They have a ladies and gents separate locker rooms and the sauna and steam rooms are in there.

If you wish to know anything else please post.

I find it amazing that this information isn't more readily available from the cruise lines themselves! Does anyone know anything about MSC? I'll be on the MSC Musica later this year and wondered if they had separate men's steam/sauna area. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Created a new profile to keep my "work" separate from my "play".

Going on a quick 3 Night Princess Cruises Golden Princess next month, anyone have details on the setup? From what I can tell they have steam/sauna and while not co-ed are not in the locker rooms?

In December will be on the Celebrity Reflection, will be working on this trip so not worth it to get the AquaSpa pass. Do they have anything free of charge in the locker room?

Now that I am back will try to keep up on ship spa reviews as I get opportunities to tour or sail.

If you haven't left yet the Diamond is the same setup as the Caribbean. If I remember right the only difference is the steam sauna door is on a different side so you don't look out into the shower/water fountain area.

Hey LuckyGuy1978-

We leave next Friday for the Diamond - thanks for the info on the steam and sauna. I will be sure to post when I get back. I am hoping to take full advantage of both of these! Staying in a suite, so we get complimentary access to the Lotus spa...will have to keep things buttoned up there, LOL. At least if there are others present!

Regarding the Reflection, there is a small dry sauna in the men's locker area. The sauna holds probably 5 or 6 comfortably. It puts out a lot of heat, so if it's been awhile since you've been in a sauna, you will need to gauge yourself. Love the shower area, nice large showers with benches and areas to hang up your suit, towel, etc - and glass doors which stay shut. Enjoy your cruise! :)