The things I HATE about cruises...

I figured it would be funny to hear what people "don't like" about cruising.

I think everyone will agree with me when I say that I HATE getting off the ship!!!

I also hate the amount of laundry I have to do when we get back! lol!

However.......the best thing we do is always book our next cruise while we are on one...that way, when we get back, we already have another one to look forward too! :D

Soooo.....what do you hate about cruises?????

Edited by tropicallove10

I hate the weight I gain on each cruise.

I hate having to decide which activity to choose.

But seriously, what I really hate are people who fancy themselves as seasoned cruisers who try to impress you by educating you on how much better the food, service, entertainment or whatever was on the last cruise they took. Really, when I'm on board, any ship, I'm having the time of my life and greatful that I get to go at all.

I hate how the cruise ship staff does not always enforce certain rules they have in place. I mean I know they're not security guards but it can be a little annoying.

Other then that I really don't hate much about cruising. I love it soooooo much. Best type of vacation to take.

Cannot wait until my cruise this August. Yeah buddy lol.

I hate cruise passengers who don't use "please" and "thank you" with staff and fellow passengers. I also hate chair hogs who leave their items on a chair for hours. I try to avoid areas that would annoy me though, because nothing in this world is better than a cruise vacation!!

I hate the 15% auto gratuity for drinks. I am not cheap by any means, but some of the bartenders are extremely rude and do deserve any tip from me for making the drinks, but i guess I understand the reasoning of it all. Stills makes me mad that I have to tip everyone even if they do not deserve it.

I'm a teacher, so I'm a stickler for rules. I HATE it when people don't follow the rules (chair hogs, kids in the solarium, buffet rules, etc...). Maybe it's because we're with the same people for a week straight and the same rule breakers surface everywhere, but it seems as if there are more issues with this on cruises than land vacations.

I also hate Nassau. :D

I HATE having to pack the last night.:(

I hate not being able to do all the activities I want to do or deciding which one I really want to do because they are at the same time.:(

I hate rude passengers-Come on, your on vacation, be nice.:mad:

I hate when you encounter a rude person who tries to ruin your day during embarkation-terminal employee, fellow passenger.:mad:

I hate having to decide which dessert to get at dinner- Oh that's right I don't decide- I just get all of them.:D

Edited by bonnie&clydecruzers

Well.....so far I agree with everything everyone has posted here! lol!

But I'd probably have to say...the packing on the last night is HORRIBLE!!! I literally put my luggage out the last minute before they pick it up.....mostly because I do everything except pack! lol! I feel like once I pack...it's over! :(

And I also hate having to figure out what I'm gonna need for that last night and the next morning...I'm always wondering "what if I didn't leave myself any shoes, or my toothbrush, or my wallet...lol" Too much to think about when all I wanna do is go enjoy the last night on my cruise!! :(

I HATE having to pack the last night.:(

I hate not being able to do all the activities I want to do or deciding which one I really want to do because they are at the same time.:(

I hate rude passengers-Come on, your on vacation, be nice.:mad:

I hate when you encounter a rude person who tries to ruin your day during embarkation-terminal employee, fellow passenger.:mad:

I hate having to decide which dessert to get at dinner- Oh that's right I don't decide- I just get all of them.:D

hahaha.....I get all the desserts too!! lol! Or at least half of them, then my husband gets the other half, and we share! haha!! And thats after we already had the ice cream from the pool deck BEFORE dinner! hahaha!!

I hate the waiting until we sail away on the next cruise.

I couldn't agree more!!

I feel like the waiting to go on a cruise takes FOREVER....then when the cruise finally gets here....it's over in 30 seconds!!! :mad: Why??????? Why can't a cruise feel like FOREVER...and the WAITING feel like 30 seconds??? ;)

But I'd probably have to say...the packing on the last night is HORRIBLE!!! I literally put my luggage out the last minute before they pick it up.....mostly because I do everything except pack! lol! I feel like once I pack...it's over! :(

Haha I am a last minute packer too. Our first cruise I felt bad because the staff had already picked up our entire floors suitcases by the time I put them outside the door. I actually had to go looking for them to give them our suitcases. OOPS.:o

I HATE......Last cruise on the Mariner last week.....I was walking down the hallway on Tuesday and on top of the Room Attendants cart were the disbarkation forms....we just got on Sunday afternoon...now that's pushing it! :mad:

Mike

I hate people who disrespect the ship because they feel they paid for it. When I go on a cruise I think of the ship as my home for the week so it kills me to see passengers climbing all over everything, kicking doors and walls, and worse of all kids having soda fights through the stairs and halls while the parents laugh about it (actually have seen this at least once on all but one of my cruises). I'll never figure out how people can be so disrespectful to others property. No matter how much you pay the ship is still RCCL's property and not yours to do with as you want.

I always go express check out.....for two reasons....one..I don't have to worry on the last day and make it all come together by 1 am and get it outside...that sucks....and 2.because on one cruise I was on the late night comedian mentioned how ...where else do you get a free shopping card late at night.........as in all these folks put there bags outside there rooms and it is like a free help yourself party...yeah....loved that....never thougth about it before.........but unfortunately there are people onboard we would rather not like to think about...and I hate that royal puts the days of the week in the elevators..........it is fun at the beginning but as the days go past....it gets sad....my hubby is always trying to figure out how to take them out..........

I HATE having to pay to get my car out of the parking lot post-cruise.

That would be terrible. I don't know if we would have any money left! Fortunately we have always pre-paid when we first parked the car.

I hate people onboard, who have obviously cruised many times before, because they do everything they can to let everybody know!!!