Concierge Class - Expanded room service breakfast menu

Rob_Chris

Can anyone tell me the difference between the regular room service breakfast menu and the "Expanded room service breakfast menu" that Celebrity says is available in its Concierge Class cabins ?

I'm particularly interested in knowing if a cooked breakfast is available in-cabin for Concierge Class or is the "expanded menu" just more cold items on a continental breakfast menu.

I love the CC expanded breakfast menu! If you do a search here it's actually been posted a few times. You can get a lot of special items, I'll try to remember a few: smoothies, french toast fingers w/marmalade butter, scrambled eggs with asparagus, omelettes, and lots of other stuff that I can't remember :)

Yes you can order a full hot breakfast, eggs, bacon, saugage, ham...ect

Edited by Dave&Robin

Can anyone tell me the difference between the regular room service breakfast menu and the "Expanded room service breakfast menu" that Celebrity says is available in its Concierge Class cabins ?

I'm particularly interested in knowing if a cooked breakfast is available in-cabin for Concierge Class or is the "expanded menu" just more cold items on a continental breakfast menu.

Yes you can get a cooked breakfast. There are a variety of things to choose from including eggs prepared anyway you like them, omelets, grilled vegetables, sausages, hot oatmeal, pancakes etc. We always order room service and have breakfast on our verandah. It's wonderful. Can't tell you about the regular room service menu as we have never seen one.

Edited by C-Dragons

A cooked breakfast is available in all cabin classes. DH had bacon and eggs several times although I prefer the continental option. We haven't experienced the CC one yet, but understand it has more variety.

Sheila

Here is a link to a copy of a CC menu:

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Menus-and-Information/4467773_J9pi2#262767369_mHj49

The items in the first couple categories labeled "Concierge Class" are exclusive items. The rest of the menu is pretty standard items and can be ordered from any room, they'll either be on the menu or you can write them in. If you have any questions about this on board ask your room steward - they will know as often they bring the breakfast.

The freshly squeezed orange juice is a surcharge item up at the deck 10 restaurant -- and what about in the main dining room? -- but it's standard in CC room service breakfast.

We tried the baked bananas, and I loved the yogurt berry parfait, which was huge.

Mr. B. preferred going to deck 10 or to the MDR for his bagel, lox and cream cheese. If you order it in the room, the bagel is often not toasted as you would prefer. They might not give you as much purple onion as you like.

What a life!

--May

...Mr. B. preferred going to deck 10 or to the MDR for his bagel, lox and cream cheese. If you order it in the room, the bagel is often not toasted as you would prefer. They might not give you as much purple onion as you like....

Sometimes you need to be very specific in what you write down on the room service card. I'm not a lox person but I do write in that I want my bagels toasted and they then come that way.

• 2 years later...
The freshly squeezed orange juice is a surcharge item up at the deck 10 restaurant -- and what about in the main dining room? -- but it's standard in CC room service breakfast.

We tried the baked bananas, and I loved the yogurt berry parfait, which was huge.

Mr. B. preferred going to deck 10 or to the MDR for his bagel, lox and cream cheese. If you order it in the room, the bagel is often not toasted as you would prefer. They might not give you as much purple onion as you like.

What a life!

--May

Aint life grand!! I had forgotten about the fresh OJ,I order one carrot and one OJ and mix my own.;) Never tried the baked bananas but will next month,thanks for the tip.

Hi--why would anyone ruin a bagel by having it toasted--same as eating a non toasted english muffin

I would never eat a non-toasted English muffin.

Nor would I willingly eat a non-toasted bagel.

To each his own. Or her.

Aint life grand!! I had forgotten about the fresh OJ,I order one carrot and one OJ and mix my own.;) Never tried the baked bananas but will next month,thanks for the tip.

Have a great time, and I love the "ain't life grand" comment. I'll be driving by Ellenton on Thursday. I'll wave at you!

--May

On our Pacific Coastal cruise on Century at the end of September, we had a Concierge cabin but did not have the expanded menu the one time we ordered breakfast. There was no printed menu in our room, and our TV menu was a pretty poor standard one. We probably could have called Room Service, but it was late at night, so we just went ahead and ordered from the standard menu. What we got was not very good and it arrived more than half an hour earlier than we had ordered (surprise wake-up call!). If we had wanted to order again, we would have pursued getting the right menu. So...check your menus before you might want to do the actual ordering and make sure you have the right ones.

Out of curiosity, should we have had a printed menu or should the CC menu have appeared on our TV ordering menu?

Edited by Kartgv
Add question

The breakfast menus for hanging on the door and the pillow menu are in the large black information binder that should be in your cabin. If you can't find it, ask your room steward to provide one for you. YMMV but that is where we always found them:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

........Out of curiosity, should we have had a printed menu or should the CC menu have appeared on our TV ordering menu?
On all our cruises, the breakfast menu cards have always been inside the blue X book on the desk.

But if they are missing, just ask your stateroom attendant or butler and they will surely get them for you. Also, as previously mentioned, if you want something that is not listed on the menu you can write it in and they will deliver it if they have it available.

We love having breakfast on the balcony each morning (one of the features of taking a cruise that we most enjoy), and they almost always deliver whatever we write in on the menu. The breakfast delivery phone call serves as our wakeup call.

Hi--why would anyone ruin a bagel by having it toasted--same as eating a non toasted english muffin

The "bagels" on Celebrity are pretty much rolls with holes in the center. I've found that if you toast them, they start to approach the flavor and taste of a bagel. I once tried one untoasted....it was ugly.

Lest you think I'm being negative, their smoked salmon is just outstanding...I wish I could find out who supplies it. I often eat it with cream cheese, some onion and no bread.

Lest you think I'm being negative, their smoked salmon is just outstanding...I wish I could find out who supplies it. I often eat it with cream cheese, some onion and no bread.
Oh, you just reminded me of how I often enjoy having some of that great smoked salmon alongside my eggs instead of bacon or ham.

I need another cruise.

This will be our first time in CC so thanks for the reminder. First and last cruise was in Aqua so we went to Blu for breakfast. Think breakfast on the balcony sounds wonderful :)

Just confirm for me that we cannot us our Bev package to purchase Bloody Mary, mimosa, etc. I think I remember that I would have to go to a bar for that.