All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

Hubby and I decided on a clamshell since it is too much money for just the two of us (if we meet another couple that want to split it, maybe....)

Where do we book a clamshell? On the ship also?

On the beach at the hut.. .$15-

Go to your role call and see if you want to split it with another couple.. :)

My DH and I were heading to HMC last January and I had read several threads re: to cabana or not to cabana. I went ahead and booked (on board) because I knew hubby would not like the $200 price tag. Note: shore excursion information available on board is misleading. Information gives the impression the cabana costs $200/prsn for one hour!

By an hour into HMC at the cabana, my hubby was converted and is now cabana's biggest supporter. We used the padded loungers - as seen in pics posted -snorkel equipment, floats, mister, and table with seating for four. We also enjoyed the pop, juice, water, salsa and chips and veggies provided. We rent cabana 13 (lucky number for us) and further down the beach (away from the crowds). Clamshells are also available on HMC but we found we were able to stay the full day because of the cabana. I think we were some of the last passengers back, probably only other cabana holders on the tender with us!

What time did you get in line for a Cabana? What time did the excursion desk open?

Got in line at noon, desk opened at 12:30.

The cost was $225 for 4 of us. (Original post said $215??). Transportation by truck is provided to the cabanas AND you are offered the first tender to the island.

We had Voilet #15, the last cabana in the row. It was a bit of a walk to the bathrooms, but not bad and believe me I hate walking too far. ;)

Snorkeling was about nil on the beach, we saw about 3 fish.

Food served in the cabana was 2 large bottles of water, 6 cans of soda which they will ask what kind when you sign up. A melon tray, chips and salsa/guacamole/sour cream. Vege tray with dip and oranges.

We thought it was well worth it.

STC_0457.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

Edited by alphakitty

Got in line at noon, desk opened at 12:30.

The cost was $225 for 4 of us. (Original post said $215??). Transportation by truck is provided to the cabanas AND you are offered the first tender to the island.

We had Voilet #15, the last cabana in the row. It was a bit of a walk to the bathrooms, but not bad and believe me I hate walking too far. ;)

Snorkeling was about nil on the beach, we saw about 3 fish.

Food served in the cabana was 2 large bottles of water, 6 cans of soda which they will ask what kind when you sign up. A melon tray, chips and salsa/guacamole/sour cream. Vege tray with dip and oranges.

We thought it was well worth it.

STC_0457.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

Nice photos!

We paid $215 for four on the Miracle May 8, 2009

Hubby and I decided on a clamshell since it is too much money for just the two of us (if we meet another couple that want to split it, maybe....)

Where do we book a clamshell? On the ship also?

Nah, get on the beach, grab a shell and send your hubby up to the beach rental shack and then after "the pole guy". A tip for "the pole guy" expedites matters.

I will warn you though, if there isn't a breezy, you can really back under one of those things. My dad ended up dropping the top before abandoning it entirely and heading for shade.

I will warn you though, if there isn't a breezy, you can really back under one of those things. My dad ended up dropping the top before abandoning it entirely and heading for shade.

If you prop the back of the clamshell up a couple of inches, it really makes a difference in getting air circulation in there. Otherwise, you are right - you will bake!

The excursion desk is open at 12:00? It's there that you rent, not at pursers desk at this time. Am I correct? Just wanted to make sure. I don't remember excursion desk being open then on previous cruises, but I may be mistaken.

:)

The excursion desk is open at 12:00? It's there that you rent, not at pursers desk at this time. Am I correct? Just wanted to make sure. I don't remember excursion desk being open then on previous cruises, but I may be mistaken.

When the Excursion Desk is not open, you may book at the Pursors desk..:)

Definitely one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean. That powder sand long crescent beach with clear water was gorgeous. Want to go back!

The other plus about HMC over, say, Princess Cays, is you have ferry-like tenders (which stay on HMC) that hold lots more people than the lifeboats other lines use to tender. So the lines move very fast since the ferries hold so many people.

A perfect cruise for me would alternate day at sea, day at HMC.

Those photos are beautiful and exactly what it looks like.

We have been to Half Moon Cay and did not rent a cabana. I don't feel like we missed anything.

We took the snorkel excursion and swam in the water on the beach.

The only bad thing about Half Moon Cay was the really long line waiting for the tender to get back to the ship. It took over an hour and it was hot.

Mark

We have been to Half Moon Cay and did not rent a cabana. I don't feel like we missed anything.

We took the snorkel excursion and swam in the water on the beach.

The only bad thing about Half Moon Cay was the really long line waiting for the tender to get back to the ship. It took over an hour and it was hot.

Mark

I've read about the lines before. Can't you just wait to be the last ones to board? Unless there was a reason to be back on the ship at a certain time, why wait:confused: What are they going to do, leave you there:eek::D

I have a question...

Since I am going to be with my 10 year old daughter who wants to be closer to the water park area, which cabana number should I try and rent?

Thanks

I have a few questions about the bar service.

Since it seems that the operation on Half Moon Cay is operated by Carnival are the drinks the same price as on the ship and is the bar service cash only or sail and sign?

Thanks!:)

The bars are ran by the cruise ship and costs are the same. Use your S&S card. There are a few shops ran by whoever(not Carnival) and they require cash. You MUST have cash to buy the trinkets sold in the few shops on HMC.

HMC, beautiful.

Bike tour, ripoff. (Pride 5/23)

Even though it was only $19 it wasn't worth it. Saddle up on an old, poorly maintained bike, ride in a straight line out to the stables, rest, then to lagoon and The End!:( One hr, probably 1 mile.

Online description said behind the scenes look at desalinization plant, electric generating plant...NOT.

And wear sunscreen, completely in the blazing sun.

I have a question...

Since I am going to be with my 10 year old daughter who wants to be closer to the water park area, which cabana number should I try and rent?

Thanks

Cant answer the cabana question for you, but as of 6-01-09, the aqua park/ water park was not really up to par. 3 water tramps, and was was broken. Suppose to be 20 floating things in the water, but if you count the 3 water tramps, there was 8. 3 Animals, some round thing, and log raft. There are pictures showing a slide going right into the water. It does exsist, but is considered private and only ones allowed too use it are the ones that rented the Grand Cabana. There is a small small slide system but does not go into the water.

GL

The procedure and pricing must vary from ship to ship.

On Destiny in Feb 09, the excursion desk opened at 12:30pm. We were there before that so we went to the purser's to book a cabana and they said we had to wait for the excursion desk to open.

Now you guys are going to make me post my HMC pix....lol!

Mary: Who's that hanging around my cabana?????

Is there any good snorkeling off the beach there?

I read somewhere that you could swim out to "the point" (to the left of the ship), where they have snorkeling excursions(?).

I am not interested in doing an excursion but want to be realistic as to what to expect. We are bringing our own gear.

HMC, beautiful.

Bike tour, ripoff. (Pride 5/23)

Even though it was only $19 it wasn't worth it. Saddle up on an old, poorly maintained bike, ride in a straight line out to the stables, rest, then to lagoon and The End!:( One hr, probably 1 mile.

Online description said behind the scenes look at desalinization plant, electric generating plant...NOT.

And wear sunscreen, completely in the blazing sun.

we were actually going to do the bike tour but I guess we will rethink that one. did anyone do the walk? is that better?

The bars are ran by the cruise ship and costs are the same. Use your S&S card. There are a few shops ran by whoever(not Carnival) and they require cash. You MUST have cash to buy the trinkets sold in the few shops on HMC.

Thanks for the info Slimpickins!:D

Guest JJWW

FREE . Its taken from the ship . AND its beautifully laid out . Hopefully some will post a picture .

Edited by JJWW