All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

The bars are ran by the cruise ship and costs are the same. Use your S&S card. There are a few shops ran by whoever(not Carnival) and they require cash. You MUST have cash to buy the trinkets sold in the few shops on HMC.

Hi Slim.. just returned from HMC May 16th.. we were able to use our S&S Cards in the shops...

:)

When you say the excursion desk opens at noon, are you referring to the first day when you board? Should you book the cabana ASAP? Thanks!

Steve

Yes....as soon as you get on the ship go to the excursion desk. Some have reported being able to go to the purser's, so you might try that as well.

Sometimes they're not sold out, but if you really want one I wouldn't wait.

Hi Slim.. just returned from HMC May 16th.. we were able to use our S&S Cards in the shops...

:)

Hey Trock,

Just came from HMC on June 1, 2009 and we needed cash. My kids wanted some trinkets and we didn't bring enough cash. Maybe my family didn't think of asking to use the $&$ card. Either way, a little cash in hand can't hurt just in case:D:p:).

what about food? Is the food free or do you have to charge it to you S&S card?

The thing I liked best from the food on HMC was the jerked chicken. It was very tasty.

FYI, shuttles seem to run a little slow during lunch time. It takes 5-6 mins or less to walk up to the food area from the main entrance area(like the shore excursion area).

Edited by Slimpickins

The procedure and pricing must vary from ship to ship.

On Destiny in Feb 09, the excursion desk opened at 12:30pm. We were there before that so we went to the purser's to book a cabana and they said we had to wait for the excursion desk to open.

Now you guys are going to make me post my HMC pix....lol!

Mary: Who's that hanging around my cabana?????[/QUOTE]

LOL I don't know! Looks like he was talking to you guys no?

Is there any good snorkeling off the beach there?

I read somewhere that you could swim out to "the point" (to the left of the ship), where they have snorkeling excursions(?).

I am not interested in doing an excursion but want to be realistic as to what to expect. We are bringing our own gear.

We snorkeled for a bit, but no good snorkeling off the beach. We saw about 3 fish all day.

Originally Posted by SueG View Post

I have a question...

Since I am going to be with my 10 year old daughter who wants to be closer to the water park area, which cabana number should I try and rent?

Thanks

I would go for one of the first few in the line ..that would be closest to the water park.

I've read about the lines before. Can't you just wait to be the last ones to board? Unless there was a reason to be back on the ship at a certain time, why wait:confused: What are they going to do, leave you there:eek::D

I could only BE so lucky!! :D

As far as the cabana, I read somewhere that there is someone that keeps the drinks & snacks replinished up to a certain time. Is this correct and do you tip the helper?

We snorkeled for a bit, but no good snorkeling off the beach. We saw about 3 fish all day.

Originally Posted by SueG View Post

I have a question...

Since I am going to be with my 10 year old daughter who wants to be closer to the water park area, which cabana number should I try and rent?

Thanks

I would go for one of the first few in the line ..that would be closest to the water park.

Thanks so much!

I've read about the lines before. Can't you just wait to be the last ones to board? Unless there was a reason to be back on the ship at a certain time, why wait:confused: What are they going to do, leave you there:eek::D

Thats an interesting idea.... Bring a few essentials, find a quiet spot on the island... only venture out after everyone from the ship is already mulling about...

hmmmm...

We did not get our drinks replenished during our time in the cabana. No one offered.

If you are in a cabana, they pick you up and bring you back to the tender area. We asked that they come last minute, but there was still a long line. We found a few chairs and hung out until the line was just about gone. It wasn't that bad really.

I had asked earlier if anyone knew if you had to get off the ship quick to get a lounge in the shade, but I think my post got lost in the cabana discussion. Does anyone know if the chair hogs are running wild at HMC?

Also, what if I brought my own inflatable raft? Anyone done that?

Thanks,

Sally

I had asked earlier if anyone knew if you had to get off the ship quick to get a lounge in the shade, but I think my post got lost in the cabana discussion. Does anyone know if the chair hogs are running wild at HMC?

Also, what if I brought my own inflatable raft? Anyone done that?

Thanks,

Sally

You wont have any problem. there are 1000s....

ry%3D400