Best/Cheapest Parking Options at Port Canaveral

tigerpaw75

We are going on the Dream 5 day on March 22 and will be driving to Port Canaveral from Alabama. Plan on staying somehwere around Gainesville or Ocala the night before and then finishing the trip Thursday morning the 22nd.

I've seen Park Cruise - http://parkcruise.com/ for $5 a day with shuttle service to the cruiseport.

Parking at the cruise terminal seems to be 3 times as much - does anyone have any recommendations here. Might save me $50-60 to park "off-site"

Any worries about doing that?

Thanks

I can't see schlepping your stuff around two extra times to save a few dollars.

By the time you tip the driver $2 per bag each way, how much savings will you really see?

If you travel light and have two people with only one bag, it might be worthwhile. But if you have four or five people and each have a bag or more, you'll quickly see any savings eroded by tips--and you'll still need to tip the porters at the pier.

Not to mention getting in and out of the van, it's just not worth the kerfuffle to me.

If you were going on a two week cruise, maybe. But even then there might be less expensive options.

Have you considered driving to the Port area and spending the night in one of the hotels that allow you to leave your car for free as an option?

Thanks for the suggestions.

I took a look at the Radisson and saw that the offer the parking and shuttle service to non-guests for the $5.95/day (good deal in my mind) and it is literally 5 minutes from the cruiseport (2.6 miles).

It is just me, my wife and our 4 year old...we won't be packing heavy.

Think I'll do that.

We just used park n cruise last week.

We first drove to the terminal and dropped off our bags... then drove back (5 mins) to park n cruise and checked in, paid, and grabbed the shuttle.

On the way back we just took the shuttle with all our stuff. Only cost us an extra $3 bucks in tips (2 bags) for the shuttle on the ride back... no bags on the way there. And we saved about $70 for the week.

I also used parkcruise.com in January for my Dream cruise. I had reserved at $4.99/day when they had the special over Christmas. My friend and I saved $50 over parking at the port...enough for Palo! It was worth it to us.

We did have to wait about 15 minutes for the shuttle after the cruise as it had just driven away when we had made our way down to the waiting area.

off site parking at Port Can' is getting somewhat competative since ParknCruise broke thru local barriers and became successful. As you drive towards the port now, you encounter several road signs for the Raddisson offering parking only (with shuttle service) at $5.99.

If I was going to use ParknCruise I'd make a ressie as they appear full evertime I drive by. A new one is just one exit farther out from the port, on the SE corner of the intersection of SR-528 (BeachLine) and SR-3, that's 2.5 miles farther from the port, on 528. It is part of a used car lot, Island Motor Sales and looks to be an extension of an R/V and boat storage area - lit and fenced and I see they have a shuttle vehicle . Their web site doesn't say any thing about this new parking venture, but there are big signs at the location.

$5.99 a day is the going rate but I don't know how they compute the days - I note that the port no longer quotes a day rate (after changing how they counted the days) rather just gives a rate for a 5 day cruise as $90 etc:

Whether you park in one of our terminal lots or parking garages, the rate* for the following cruises are: 3-day, $60; 4-day, $75; 5-day, $90, and 7-day, $120 for vehicles up to 20 feet in length.

depending on your cruise the potential cost savings is up to $30 or much more. I've done it both ways (here and in Miami)

- if you hit the shuttles just right you wonder why you ever paid more.

- if you walk out just in time to see the shuttle leave and must wait for the next, you may wonder why you weren't parked across the street. That's how I felt in Miami when three shuttles from my parking drove past the ship I just left, cuz they were filling at the ship just up the pier . . .

But $30+ is a couple of foo-foo drinks either way!

Edited by Capt_BJ

• 2 weeks later...

If you can make it all the way to Cape Canaveral on Wednesday your parking and shuttle would be free if you spend the night at the Radisson. Must book through the Radisson.

I believe some other local hotels offer comprable deals but only the Raddison and Country Inns & Suites have their own shuttles.

Good luck

79bugs

One thing to mention is that DCL offers a covered deck, the off-site places are a big flat lot.

In Florida the best parking spot isn't the one closest to the door, it's the one under the tree.

Thank about that for a minute before you decide.

• 3 weeks later...

We leave on the Dream CCL in 33 days and were considering the Radison parking - day rate as we would not stay there the night before. My main concern is getting the shuttle both ways. I am not really worried about getting there as we will be there early but I would like to know how getting off works. When you get off, how do you get your luggage to the shutlle (we usually have 4-5 bags and have to use a porter due to health reasons. Do you have to wait as we have an early debarkation due to VIP. I would hate to get off early and have to wait till other debark. Where do you meet the shuttle - I would appreciate anything anyone can tell me. Thanks.

One thing to mention is that DCL offers a covered deck, the off-site places are a big flat lot.

In Florida the best parking spot isn't the one closest to the door, it's the one under the tree.

Thank about that for a minute before you decide.

that is soooooooooooo true!!!!!!

i haven't been on a DCL cruise in 10 years so i don't recall.

Do the porters take me all the way out to my car if i'm parked in the port parking lot?

they did that 10 years ago, but there wasn't a parking structure at that time, just a lot.

We leave on the Dream CCL in 33 days and were considering the Radison parking - day rate as we would not stay there the night before. My main concern is getting the shuttle both ways. I am not really worried about getting there as we will be there early but I would like to know how getting off works. When you get off, how do you get your luggage to the shutlle (we usually have 4-5 bags and have to use a porter due to health reasons. Do you have to wait as we have an early debarkation due to VIP. I would hate to get off early and have to wait till other debark. Where do you meet the shuttle - I would appreciate anything anyone can tell me. Thanks.

Not sure why you keep posting Carnival related questions on the Disney boards.

that is soooooooooooo true!!!!!!

i haven't been on a DCL cruise in 10 years so i don't recall.

Do the porters take me all the way out to my car if i'm parked in the port parking lot?

they did that 10 years ago, but there wasn't a parking structure at that time, just a lot.

We didn't use one as we only had a medium suitcase and small garment bag that we carried off ourselves, but I want to recall seeing porters taking luggage to the parking deck.

We didn't use one as we only had a medium suitcase and small garment bag that we carried off ourselves, but I want to recall seeing porters taking luggage to the parking deck.

i said they did 10 years ago - but i'm not sure whether they did or not.

i'm pretty sure that we had a porter help us. But 10 years is a long time.

but we had a massive amount of luggage - we were in the states for 6 weeks.

So i'm pretty sure we took a porter to help us out to the car.

And i think he also helped us load it all into the car.

well i guess i'll find this out when the time comes. my mom and sister won't be able to handle luggage, but i can. I could always run back and forth to the car with all the luggage and then walk with them across. :)

The Radisson has over 10 shuttles to get people to and from the boats and has a bus at the CCL Dream and the RCCL Freedom from 6:30 am on. Other boats are later base on when they disembark passengers. If you reserve online you can park for $4.95 per day (instead of $5.95 per day) with free shuttle service. No stay necessary. The lot is not fenced but they have 24hr live security and video cameras.

Based on your post you will need a porter to get your luggage to the shuttle but you would also need one to get you to your car if you park at the port. The small (14 pass.) shuttles will take you directly to your car in the lot and the two larger shuttles (33 pass. with trailers for luggage) drop you at a central spot in the lot. You could then drive your car to your luggage if necessary or ask the driver for assistance.

As someone else replied that you might be better off parking at the port in the covered parking garage for $15.00 per day. However you can save $10.00 per day by parking off site for $4.95 per day. For example: Even if you tip the driver generously ($5.00 each way) you would save $70.00 for your 7 day cruise. All lots charge for the day you depart and the day you return (one day more than your cruise).

• 1 year later...

Live in Orlando- was thinking it'd be nice if Disney had a deal where you could purchase a boarding pass for their cruise bus. (It'd have to be cheaper than gas, tolls, and parking round trip.) Anyways, seeing they don't and their is no way for me to be a stowaway... I got the next best thing: The Radisson- well, I'll let you know how the experience goes after my cruise. As of right now, pleased with the $65 in savings. Booked online at the very low price of $3.95 per day.

Parking options....

At the cruise terminal is $15 per DAY, so for a 4 night cruise, you pay 5 days. Garage (covered) parking, secure. Yes, the porters will take your stuff to your car if you wish.

At the hotel--some offer a charge for parking stay and cruise situation. As far as I know, the days of free parking with hotel stay are gone. On occasion, some have had coupons for 40% off parking at the port. All that offer parking also offer a shuttle. Some charge for the shuttle. Security of the lots varies with the hotel--some are an asphalt "field" behind the hotel with no lights, fences, etc.

Independent parking. There are multiple operators. The one I'm familiar with is Park and Cruise. Rates can be as low as $4.99 per day with specials. They offer various specials on line--holiday, seniors, etc. Normal on line fee is $5.99. Lot is fenced and locked. Shuttle service is great. DO book in advance, as "drive up" service costs more and is not always available--they do fill up.

As to what we do.....drive to cruise terminal and drop luggage (can also drop passengers if desired). Then go and park car. Mom can be in line and check in while dad is returning car if this is applicable to your family situation. That way, one does't have to move the luggage twice (car to shuttle to porter at terminal)...simple hand off from car to porter. And if one is into cost reduction, no luggage tip to shuttle driver. On the way home, we typically stay together as a family,, but you can do the same again--there may not be room for a family and luggage in the shuttle, but there is almost always room for a single person, no luggage. He can retrieve the car and return to the terminal to pick up the gang!

• 4 months later...
Parking options....

At the cruise terminal is $15 per DAY' date=' so for a 4 night cruise, you pay 5 days. Garage (covered) parking, secure. Yes, the porters will take your stuff to your car if you wish.

At the hotel--some offer a charge for parking stay and cruise situation. As far as I know, the days of free parking with hotel stay are gone. On occasion, some have had coupons for 40% off parking at the port. All that offer parking also offer a shuttle. Some charge for the shuttle. Security of the lots varies with the hotel--some are an asphalt "field" behind the hotel with no lights, fences, etc.

Independent parking. There are multiple operators. The one I'm familiar with is Park and Cruise. Rates can be as low as $4.99 per day with specials. They offer various specials on line--holiday, seniors, etc. Normal on line fee is $5.99. Lot is fenced and locked. Shuttle service is great. DO book in advance, as "drive up" service costs more and is not always available--they do fill up.

As to what we do.....drive to cruise terminal and drop luggage (can also drop passengers if desired). Then go and park car. Mom can be in line and check in while dad is returning car if this is applicable to your family situation. That way, one does't have to move the luggage twice (car to shuttle to porter at terminal)...simple hand off from car to porter. And if one is into cost reduction, no luggage tip to shuttle driver. On the way home, we typically stay together as a family,, but you can do the same again--there may not be room for a family and luggage in the shuttle, but there is almost always room for a single person, no luggage. He can retrieve the car and return to the terminal to pick up the gang![/quote']

I see the cheapest now is $7.99 at Park and cruise. Anyone know a cheaper place?

We stay the night before at the Double tree right at the port,

They have free parking and have the 10 RT shuttle per person to port. or 5 each way.

Best deal we have found and great rates at the hotel to boot! Parking lot there is huge and we always part near building and under lights. not had a issue todate with the stay at their lot. Just make sure you tell them your leaving your car with them.

Hope that helps.

• 3 years later...
Would appreciate if anyone could give me an update on a reasonable place to park at Port Canaveral that you would recommend.

Thanks

Park and Cruise--good price, good service. Book on line and watch for specials (seniors, veterans, etc. come up sometimes.)

Best price--hotels that allow "free" parking. You sometimes pay for their shuttles, sometimes not. Verify before booking.

Most convenient--park at port. Even with 40% off coupons, this is more costly than private lots.

Personal thought--you are paying thousands for the cruise. Is saving $50 on parking worth the inconvenience of being off site? Obviously an individual decision.

Edited by moki'smommy

Would appreciate if anyone could give me an update on a reasonable place to park at Port Canaveral that you would recommend.

Thanks

We used Park Port Canaveral this past summer and a few years ago and were quite happy with them, although it cost us $47.65 USD for 4 nights which is more than the $7.99 I saw elsewhere on this thread.

Good luck!