Stern or Bow Cabin

Pete69

Hi All,

Need some advice, I can either have cabins on deck 8 of NCL Pearl right at the very front or right at the very back (as I require connecting cabins and these are the only ones avilable) Last time i had cabins at the rear there was some vibration. Anyone been on the Pearl and had any issues with these cabins?

Both ends are prone to vibrations when entering/leaving the ports. In the front there are the side propellers that are used when turning the ship at low speeds as well as manouvering it sideways while dockside and in the aft there are of course the Azipods which do cause vibrations when turned to manouver the ship.

However the vibrations are mainly limited to the above mentioned occasions so unless one is a light sleeper, I wouldn't worry about it.

Hi All,Need some advice, I can either have cabins on deck 8 of NCL Pearl right at the very front or right at the very back (as I require connecting cabins and these are the only ones avilable) Last time i had cabins at the rear there was some vibration. Anyone been on the Pearl and had any issues with these cabins?

Just back from my 2nd Aft facing suite, I vote for Aft, our friend had a forward facing Owners Suite and the wind was just too much on the forward balcony (though he had a hull balcony on the side) but at the same time (well almost same time I had to walk the length of the ship) my aft facing was protected from the wind and we could enjoy it.

Yes we felt some vibration but with azipods on the Gem not as much as with a screw on the Star.

You also have the light issue on forward balcony's at night as not to interfere with the bridge. Then again on aft we had some small garbage fall from the Great Outdoors on to our Deck 10 balcony but it was not an issue.

Personal choice it comes down too, DW now wants an Owners Suite now that she saw it...

FWIW

Just back from my 2nd Aft facing suite, I vote for Aft, our friend had a forward facing Owners Suite and the wind was just too much on the forward balcony (though he had a hull balcony on the side) but at the same time (well almost same time I had to walk the length of the ship) my aft facing was protected from the wind and we could enjoy it.

Yes we felt some vibration but with azipods on the Gem not as much as with a screw on the Star.

You also have the light issue on forward balcony's at night as not to interfere with the bridge. Then again on aft we had some small garbage fall from the Great Outdoors on to our Deck 10 balcony but it was not an issue.

Personal choice it comes down too, DW now wants an Owners Suite now that she saw it...

FWIW

I don't think the OP is asking about forward or aft suites. They're asking about side cabins that are more forward or more aft, if I read their post correctly.

Hi All,

Need some advice, I can either have cabins on deck 8 of NCL Pearl right at the very front or right at the very back (as I require connecting cabins and these are the only ones avilable) Last time i had cabins at the rear there was some vibration. Anyone been on the Pearl and had any issues with these cabins?

Be sure to check out what is below the room, the disco may be under the aft room.. they party pretty late into the night. We were on the Pearl last summer and someone our party had an Aft balcony room on 8th floor, they had trouble sleeping due to noise.

We just got off the Sun and had a forward cabin, loved it, but you do feel more motion than in the rear.

You must make a choice.

Do you want to see where you are going or watch where you've been? :)

A forward facing room will be subjected to the wind added to the ship's forward motion. There was a whiny review some years ago-one the usual 'NCL Sux' nonsensical thingys. The guy's BIG complaint was that his forward facing balcony was too windy to enjoy. We were not allowed to tell him that he was an..... ummm, uhhhhh,........well........ errrrrr......

well anyway, he had insurmountable problems that had nothing to do with cruising.

Thanks everyone for your opinions. We took the stern oceanview cabins - I think I would prefer a little vibration every now and then rather than movement. Hopefully we made the right choice. We took 8620 on the Pearl - so if anyone has been in there let me know!!

Cheers

We were on the Pearl in Oct of this year, and never felt any vibration (even if there was, it would have been minimal). We were on deck 9, 4th cabin from the back.

If you can, get on a deck that has cabins above, and below you.;)