Little French Key?

Messunderstood

88.00 is more than we budgeted but we would do the 38.00 trip if it had been offered to us. Sadly, the cheapest now is 65.00 without transportation so add that in and we are back to about 90. I had seen the 65.00 package with transportation and we were very ready to book, then I got a quote that was different than the one I saw from June.

We are going off ship excursions to get something affordable. We do have a budget. This place looks awesome but not sure if we can go now. I usually don't eat much on excursions to beach so I could have done it without the food but it was not offered in my quote.

As rockbock suggested - send them an email and explain what you found here on CC and ask if they can provide you the $65 price which includes transportation. worked for me!

Really looking forward to seeing pictures. We are booked for later this year, and there are so few pictures out there.

They are several on Trip Advisor and of course, LFK fb page.

LFK-1.jpg.893957f5a5f9bc7c2972f69eac141536.jpg

LFK-2.jpg.6de6dc5b8afafdcb60f558422e8e769d.jpg

Edited by ondebyou

We are just back from the Carnival Dream (7/7-7/14).

This place is amazing!!!! We did the $65 deal. I will post a true review once we are unpacked and settled, but I can't explain to you how much we enjoyed our day here. We had our two kids, and it was a blast for them too.

I'd love to read your review of this place as well - as I'm also considering taking the Victor Bodden private tour of the island w/ zipline and West Bay Beach in lieu of French Key. I'm torn :(...maybe this will seal it for good. :D

FWIW..this is what LFK sent me on 16 Jul 2012:

"Thank you for your interest in Little French Key Private Island

Resort and Frenchy's 44 Restaurant. Our driver, Dave, can pick you up

right outside of the port's gates and bring you to Frenchy's 44, our

Roatan waterfront

Restaurant.

Then we will take you on a boat transfer aboard our comfortable

party barge with groovy music and Garufuna conch shell horn to the

Private Island from the Frenchy's 44 Restaurant Dock on the main land

Roatan (near Iguana Farm).

Kids under 11 are at 50% discount.

I) Super Fun Day Package $295 per person:

Includes,

1) Island Tour with Brand New Helicopter, minimum 3 passengers (takes off from the Private Island, Little French Key)

2) Zip-line through the Roatan Jungle Canopy

3) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island

4) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private

Island, which includes Brochettes of Fillet Mengion, Lobster, Shrimp, marinated chicken breast, fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean and all drinks of choice (all you can eat and drink)

5) Reef snorkel tour, with boat ride, and guide and equipment

6) Use of all our facilities and equipment, motorized and non motorized,

Jet Skies, Banana Boats, Kayaks, water beds, water chairs, chase lounges, etc...

7) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws

and Parrots

8) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

II) Fun Day Package $168 Per person:

Includes,

1) Your Choice of Island Tour with Brand New Helicopter, Zip-line through

the Roatan Jungle Canopy or a one tank scuba dive at the second largest Barrier Reef in the world

2) And All items 3 through 8 in option (I) above

III) Full Island Package $88 per person:

Includes,

1) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island

2) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private

Island, which includes Brochettes of Fillet Mengion, Lobster, Shrimp, marinated chicken breast, fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean and two drinks of choice

3) Use of all our non motorized equipments, Kayaks, water beds, water

chairs, chase lounges, etc...

4) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws

and Parrots

5) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

IV) Island Package $65 Per person:

Includes,

All of the items included in “ III, Island Package above without round trip

transportation

Motorized water activities Jet Ski tour @ $70 per half hour, Banana

Boat tour at $15 per person, guided Reef snorkel tour with boat and

guide @ $20 per person as well water ski, knee board and floater bed

is also available ala carte.

Price of a gallon of gas is over $6 here FYI.

Please advise if you want us to pick you up and which option you are

interested in, we are looking forward to serving you and our mission is your enjoyment.

Welcome to paradise. "

• 2 weeks later...

And the current pricing...

I) Super Fun Day Package $188 per person: Includes,

1) One Tank guided Reef Scuba Dive for certified divers 2) Zip-line through the Roatan Jungle Canopy 3) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island Resort 4) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private Island, which includes Brochettes of Fillet Mengion, Lobster, Shrimp, marinated chicken breast, fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean and all drinks of choice (all you can eat and drink) 5) Use of all our facilities and equipment, motorized and non motorized, Jet Skies, Banana Boats, Kayaks, water beds, water chairs, chase lounges, etc... 6) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws and Parrots 7) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

II) Fun Day Package $148 Per person: Includes,

1) Your Choice Zip-line through the Roatan Jungle Canopy or a one tank scuba dive at the second largest Barrier Reef in the world for certified divers 2) And All items 3 through 7 in option (I) above

III) Full Island Package $88 per person: Includes,

1) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island 2) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private Island, which includes Brochettes of Fillet Mengion, Lobster, Shrimp, marinated chicken breast, fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean and two drinks of choice 3) Use of all our non motorized equipments, Kayaks, water beds, water chairs, chase lounges, etc... 4) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws and Parrots 5) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

IV) Full Island Package PLUS $98 Per person: Includes,

All of the items included in “ III, Island Package above PLUS a guided snorkeling Tour of the Adjacent REEF, the second largest in the world, a truly MUST SEE!!

V) Entrance Only and Round Trip Transportation to the Private Island @ $55 Per Person

The $55 does not include the water activities either...

We had also booked a group of six for the original price of $65 pp and after seeing all of the pricing changes i went ahead and emailed them to confirm or booking for the original amount, with transportation to and from, with Non-motorized water equipment. They will honor it if you have it booked previously.:D

On 7/21/12, info@littlefrenchkey.com <info@littlefrenchkey.com> wrote:

>> Hello,

>>

>> We have you confirmed for January 30th for $65 per person.

>> We recently changed our prices due to high maintenance and to

>> better serve our clients.

>> Sorry for the confusion....

>> Your price is confirmed and does still include transportation.

>>

This place is AMAZING .... Was this earlier this week... JUST AMAZING....worth the money. I think the only thing that will hurt this place is when everyone finds out about it and it gets too many people. Unleash he puts a number of people on it. Everyone is really nice and they want you to have fun. Great food. Great drink.

The guy that owns it even comes around and makes sure you are doin ok and have everyhing.

The dogs are are pretty bad a** to lol... Cute...Haha

2sae7q0.jpg

2qj9llj.jpg

11qk4fm.jpg

qnpuup.jpg

There is a few. If you like the pics then you will love this place. I didnt want to post alot of pics because if you do go there. There is still some stuff to see. The dogs they have are awsome. Just an all around nice place.

Edited by Dalton51
SP

Dalton..... So glad you actually went to this place. I know it was quite a toss up before you left for your cruise. From the pictures it looks like you had amazing weather while you were there, and the water looks crystal clear. I was soo happy to have found this place when we were in Roatan. Just sad my next cruise is going to the Eastern side so i won't be able to visit this place for at least another year. You seemed to have enjoyed it just as much as our group did!

Dalton..... So glad you actually went to this place. I know it was quite a toss up before you left for your cruise. From the pictures it looks like you had amazing weather while you were there, and the water looks crystal clear. I was soo happy to have found this place when we were in Roatan. Just sad my next cruise is going to the Eastern side so i won't be able to visit this place for at least another year. You seemed to have enjoyed it just as much as our group did!

Yea it was a toss up. But I am glad we chose this place. These pictures dont do this place any good either. A must see I think. We will go back to Roatan just to go here again. The water was unreal.

The pictures look fabulous! This is the one stop on our cruise we are looking the most forward to - just wish our day in Roatan was longer!!

Yea that was the only bad thing about ours to. Was it was a short day. I could spend all day here easy. Sitting by the beach sipping on a drink listing to music or reading a good book. Just off the plat form ect ect ect....lol

Wish I had enough money to book another cruise lol..

I'm looking at this, but I'm going on a Carnival cruise with a fairly short port time 8 to 3pm. Not sure if it's worth it by the time one gets there and has to leave? Any one on here done this with the shorter port times? Experiences? I'm also going solo but not sure that really matters other than they might not be as thrilled about transporting one person?

We also had the short day there. Made the best of it. I would get off ship as soon as you can. After you walk up the hill you will start going back down it. A BUNCH of people will be on both sides of the road. lol.... More than likely Dave will be the first person on the right as you are going down the hill holding the sign will be another guy. Very nice people. Hope yall like it as much as we did. Wish I was going back.

Here is the price package I just received today.

I) Super Fun Day Package $188 per person:

Includes,

1) One Tank guided Reef Scuba Dive for certified divers

2) Zip-line through the Roatan Jungle Canopy

3) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island Resort

4) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private Island, which includes Brochettes of Fillet Mengion, Lobster, Shrimp, marinated chicken breast, fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean and all drinks of choice (all you can eat and drink)

5) Use of all our facilities and equipment, motorized and non motorized, Jet Skies, Banana Boats, Kayaks, water beds, water chairs, chase lounges, etc...

6) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws and Parrots

7) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

II) Fun Day Package $148 Per person:

Includes,

1) Your Choice Zip-line through the Roatan Jungle Canopy or a one tank scuba dive at the second largest Barrier Reef in the world for certified divers

2) And All items 3 through 7 in option (I) above

III) Full Island Package $88 per person:

Includes,

1) Entrance and comfortable boat ride to Little French Key Private Island

2) Great and Delicious Fresh Island Style Lunch served on the private Island, which includes Brochettes of Fillet Mengion, Lobster, Shrimp, marinated chicken breast, fresh home made Yucca chips, fresh home made salsa, rice and bean and two drinks of choice

3) Use of all our non motorized equipments, Kayaks, water beds, water chairs, chase lounges, etc...

4) Tour of our Private Zoo with guide, friendly and tame Monkeys, Macaws and Parrots

5) Round Trip Transportation to and from our facilities

IV) Full Island Package PLUS $98 Per person:

Includes,

All of the items included in “ III, Island Package above PLUS a guided snorkeling Tour of the Adjacent REEF, the second largest in the world, a truly MUST SEE!!

V) Entrance Only and Round Trip Transportation to the Private Island @ $55 Per Person

Motorized water activities Jet Ski tour @ $70 per half hour, Banana Boat tour at $15 per person, guided Reef snorkel tour with boat and guide @ $20 per person as well water ski, knee board and floater bed is also available ala carte.

Price of a gallon of gas is over $6 here FYI.

Please advise if you want us to pick you up and which option you are interested in, we are looking forward to serving you and our mission is your enjoyment.