Never too old!

Musicus

I just spoke to Egon on the phone and he sounds wonderful! His voice is clear and deep German accent. He seems very "up". It was great to actually hear him. He has been sending me a lot of "flash mob" videos, which I greatly appreciate, helping me to get into the spirit. All cards have been appreciated, although very few. His gift to me is loving life!:D:D:D

I did forget to mention that he does have trouble with his speech. I could tell that he was struggling to say what he wanted to, but really understood his problem. Hopefully, in the New Year that will all change with time.:)

Sorry Pat and everyone, I've been bad busy, just a lot of crap hit my fan. But I'm digging out and finally had a chance to catch up on this thread. Soooo glad to hear how well Egon is doing! I'll be out shopping this weekend and will get stocked up on cards to send him. Hope everyone else has been doing well!!

Sorry Pat and everyone, I've been bad busy, just a lot of crap hit my fan. But I'm digging out and finally had a chance to catch up on this thread. Soooo glad to hear how well Egon is doing! I'll be out shopping this weekend and will get stocked up on cards to send him. Hope everyone else has been doing well!!

Missed you Karen! Sorry you've had problems. We all do from time to time, but hopefully it is all behind you now.

Santa is not being nice to my husband. He has the shingles.:mad:

Has he had the vaccine? I understand that with the vaccine, it is still possible to get them, but if you do, they will be much milder.

Egon has probably received my card by now and is wondering who the heck I am. :D

Has he had the vaccine? I understand that with the vaccine, it is still possible to get them, but if you do, they will be much milder.

Egon has probably received my card by now and is wondering who the heck I am. :D

I am quite sure that Egon was just so happy that someone took the time to send a card and I thank you from him.

As for the vaccine, no neither of us have had the vaccine. I just got a flu shot after procrastinating for the past 2 months. Hopefully, no one on here will get the flu this winter.

As for the vaccine, no neither of us have had the vaccine. I just got a flu shot after procrastinating for the past 2 months. Hopefully, no one on here will get the flu this winter.

Good for you. I read in the paper today that ER's here are so filled with people with the flu that waiting times are a serious problem. We have a lot of Noro, too.

So glad Egon's cards are starting to roll in. I sure hope he has a peaceful Christmas.

And I wish the same for all of you! I've really enjoyed reading this thread since I stumbled on it. There's not much these days that sink in and change the way we look at things, but reading Egon's words (and witnessing the warmth expressed by wonderful people on this thread!) has really struck me and stuck with me.

I guess it's the time of the year that we sit back and count our blessings (which I'm doing, along with the aid of a lovely chocolate-flavored cocktail or three). I've got plenty to be grateful for, and definitely on that list is finding this thread, Egon, and all of you.

Pat, Doug, Sue, Joyce and everyone else, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year!!!

So glad to hear Egon is getting cards and all the warm wishes they bring.

Pat, hope your husband is feeling better, shingles can be so very painful.

I feel so blessed to have found this group of very caring people who have followed Egon's adventures.

To all, I wish a very Merry Christmas and all good things in 2013!

Gail

Well, another year is almost coming to a close. On this Christmas Eve, I want to express my thankfulness with you all for sticking by Egon and the caring people herein. You are all special to him, as well as me. I hope you know what your friendship means. Love to you all and Merry Christmas!:)

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcar...9&source=jl999

I hope you enjoy the above card!

We got to see snow for a while this afternoon. It was the scenic kind, large flakes floating down, and not sticking on the roads. We did have some on our deck furniture and deck, but then it stopped, so it was just enough to feel Christmasy.

Yellowbird (Pat) received this message and pictures in an email from Egon...

Here are the Christmas cards I received - about half a them from readers of cruisecritic. I tried to make a video but it was rejected as being too large.

8334254169_7af4b62c30_o.jpg

8335309838_a506e4c40b_o.jpg