Breakaway Disembarkation

sungirl10

Hello, I am sailing on NCL first time. For those that have been on the breakaway, what is disembarkation like? Would I be able to get a train at 10? It looks like it may not get into port till 8am.

Thanks

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

Hello, I am sailing on NCL first time. For those that have been on the breakaway, what is disembarkation like? Would I be able to get a train at 10? It looks like it may not get into port till 8am.

Thanks

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

You may walk off the ship about 8am. There were 8 of us and this is what we did also. There are tons of cabs outside the cruise port and it is only a five minute drive to Port Authority.

If you can carry all your bags off the ship, they have an early disembarkation that ends about 8.30 (started about 7, I think). If you have to claim your bags, I think the earliest to get off the ship was either 8 or 8.30

I just came off the Gem 1 nighter on 1/10 in NY. The disembark time was scheduled for 7am. Border and customs patrol had us on a hold and we weren't let off the ship until 9:15. My cruise was an overnight trip going nowhere. If you can make your plans for around 11 or 12 that may be better and plus you don't have to rush off the ship.

We arrived in port before 6:00 a.m. (I woke up and watched us pull into New York Harbor).

By 7 a.m. I was eating breakfast in the MDR and watched the people get off the ship with their own luggage.

We arrived back at our cabin by 8:00 a.m., grabbed our carry-on bags and started walking off the ship. We found our luggage and were in the car going home by 9:00 a.m.

If you want to get through security quickly, make sure you grab a porter and have them take you through security. The porter line just breezed right by customs, where the other line for people without a port was about 50 people long.

• 2 weeks later...

Similar question on the topic (thus no need to make a new thread)

what is the LATEST one can do the self walk-off? We'll be parked at the pier and saw that the self-walk off is earliest and then the latest is something like 10:30. If we just keep our bags in the room can we walk off any time up until that last group at 10:30?

I would much rather wake up and pack my bag in the AM vs have to do it all on the last night, just to save myself from carrying 1 bag down the stairs.

Last November the ship pulled along side of the pier at 6am. ( it was written 8am on the itinerary, but the captain told us the evening before we would get to NYC early ) We were actually tied at 6:30, we were in line at the aft exit around 6:30. Not that we didn't liked the ship...we just had to get back to Montreal asap. Immigration officer cleared the ship around 7:30 and we were actually the first ones off the ship.

So first on the escalator, first at custom and first on the rooftop to get our car and left promptly to get back home.

That is if you do carry your own luggage. The first color tags to be called are priority disembarkation, vip's, suites, etc..

So if you can, carry your things and you are sure to make it early !!

Last year on the Jewel we disembarked in NY about 7:30. I was kinda ticked because I booked a suite for the express purpose of being "first" off and there were about 50 people in line in front of us by the time concierge led us off. So I'd just carry your luggage be ready early and you'll get off. We had to drive to Ontario and will be doing same this year off Breakaway!