Sip n' Sail coming back June 20th

DrivesLikeMario

We are booked on the 49 day South Amercia cruise in 2019. When be booked Princess gave us $1,000.00 OBC

for booking. If they offer the drink package for this cruise would we lose the OBC?

Thanks,

Betty

I think you would because you'd be changing promotions. With your promotion, you should've gotten free gratuities included for that particular cruise along with the $1,000 OBC. Watch pricing once the Sip n' Sail is out and compare the new pricing with the free drinks vs. the free gratuities & $1,000 OBC and the old pricing.

The free gratuities is a valuable perk IMO but if pricing is the same, it depends on whether you will drink more than the daily gratuity, which is probably somewhat easy to do - could be just 2 alcoholic drinks a day and you'd be getting more cluck for your buck. :D

I think you would because you'd be changing promotions. With your promotion, you should've gotten free gratuities included for that particular cruise along with the $1,000 OBC. Watch pricing once the Sip n' Sail is out and compare the new pricing with the free drinks vs. the free gratuities & $1,000 OBC and the old pricing.

The free gratuities is a valuable perk IMO but if pricing is the same, it depends on whether you will drink more than the daily gratuity, which is probably somewhat easy to do - could be just 2 alcoholic drinks a day and you'd be getting more cluck for your buck. :D

Thanks, for the information!

Yes, we did get free gratuities plus we ending up with $1.600.00 OBC. So not sure the Sip and Sail will work for us this time. We had it last year on the Royal TA which was very nice. Will wait and see what happen!

I love the sip and sail package but after two weeks, I really can't keep up. I usually just drink on weekends at home and maybe a glass of wine couple nights so I usually cut back on the drinks after week one and by week four, I only have two at the most. When it is free, great but I know I would never make it worth the cost if I were paying for it. I am better off just paying for what I drink.

We are booked on the 49 day South Amercia cruise in 2019. When be booked Princess gave us $1,000.00 OBC

for booking. If they offer the drink package for this cruise would we lose the OBC?

Thanks,

Betty

Check your personalizer. They also gave you paid gratuities for the cruise. :)

Yes, you would almost certainly lose the $1,000 OBC and the paid gratuities if changing to a Sip and Sail promo.

I checked old emails and the 3 for free started last year on September 6.

We booked our Royal cruise on this sale last year. I am wondering if it would be too late to book an Oct "17 cruise in Sept. or should I book the Oct. cruise, then rebook when the 3 for free sale comes??? The cabin prices are lower but no real perks. Help would be appreciated!!!

Oh I so wish it was for my Hawaii cruise this year. We had it on our Alaska cruise last summer. It was so nice trying new drinks and not feeling bad if I didn't like it.

That cruise was where I found my love for the Moscow Mule.

A little off topic, but some of you veterans of cruising...I would love to know how you are able to get what seem to be better deals that I've seen on the Princess site. It looks like some of you book with one deal and then transfer booking to TA and get additional perks. I'd also love to know your secrets to cruising as often as you seem to for those that are not retired.

Is the "sip and sail" and "three for free" restricted to balcony and above? Thanks

I don't know about the 3 for Free as I've never booked under that promo but the Sip and Sail has definitely been restricted to balcony and above.

A little off topic, but some of you veterans of cruising...I would love to know how you are able to get what seem to be better deals that I've seen on the Princess site. It looks like some of you book with one deal and then transfer booking to TA and get additional perks. I'd also love to know your secrets to cruising as often as you seem to for those that are not retired.

A TA can discount fares but can not advertise the fact. One must actually contact the TA for info. Some will discount the fare. Others offer a lot of OBC. Some don't offer anything at all and you pay the same fare and get the same perks that are offered by Princess.

If you are looking for a discounted fare upfront then go with a traditional TA who discounts. (Ask fellow cruisers onboard for info as one is not allowed to give the name of a TA here.) If you are looking more for OBC check with a non-traditional TA. I know many refer to them "fairly" indirectly but I will refrain from doing so as I believe you can either figure it out of someone else will mention them. Alternately you could do a search here and probably find a mention.

So HOPE there will be a "Sip & Sail" promo on June 20th. :halo:

Me too! I already have our Royal Princess booked for Dec 2018 but will get the Sip&Sail attached in a heartbeat if offered. last time our price did not even go up. And if it goes up a little, still way less than the cost of 2 bev pkgs. So will be on the website first thing on the 20th! Hopefully they offer it on the Medallion cruises. I could care less about the Medallion stuff, but the cruise I booked just happens to be one of those.

Last year we booked the Sip & Sale for our Majestic 14day cruise last month, but later changed that to 3 for free when that came out last fall. Found that a better deal. But still will go for the Sip & Sale (if it comes out) as you never know if the 3 for free will be offered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A TA can discount fares but can not advertise the fact. One must actually contact the TA for info. Some will discount the fare. Others offer a lot of OBC. Some don't offer anything at all and you pay the same fare and get the same perks that are offered by Princess.

If you are looking for a discounted fare upfront then go with a traditional TA who discounts. (Ask fellow cruisers onboard for info as one is not allowed to give the name of a TA here.) If you are looking more for OBC check with a non-traditional TA. I know many refer to them "fairly" indirectly but I will refrain from doing so as I believe you can either figure it out of someone else will mention them. Alternately you could do a search here and probably find a mention.

I definitely don't want anyone to break any rules. What is a traditional vs. non-traditional TA? Our most recent booking we did through a warehouse membership store's travel service and it got us a small amount of OBC that shows up now, but the larger portion won't be credited until we actually are on board the ship. So it prevents us from using it to pay for excursions. We had the sip & sail promo on our last cruise and it was great for me, but my husband doesn't drink coffee or alcohol (crazy, right!?! lol) so even though we weren't paying for it, it seems like we could have done better. I figure we will do the sip & sail and just watch for any better promos until the final payment deadline.

My biggest problem is that I have the travel bug after our last trip and retirement is pretty far off for us! :loudcry:

I was able to convert a booking for our March 2018 28 day cruise that was made May 2016 to the Sip And Sail promo, with no price change adding Sip And Sail. At the time (August 2016), the price of this cruise was less than the October 2017 Emerald and October 2016 Crown sailings. Whether they'll do it that this summer is always a guess.

Is the "sip and sail" and "three for free" restricted to balcony and above? Thanks

In the past, the Sip and Sail was only available for a balcony cabin and above but the 3 for free is for any cabin category.... I used it in an oceanview in the past.

Yes for S&S; any category for 3 for Free.

That's why I'll again wait until September & add 3 For Free to my 2018 cruise just like I did last September for my Fall 2017 cruise. Free gratuities & OBC total over $700 & are better for us than the S&S offer.