My Favorite Cruise Line

flowers12155

It is totally fine to read these reviews and get ideas just keep in mind One is NOT BETTER THAN THE OTHER not really. The reason they are different is like comparing Lobster to Sea Legs not every one likes Lobster just because it's expensive.

They are different for a reason

Cost yes you get what you pay for However some of the less expensive lines have better tasting food it may be served with out linen tablecloths or you get prestigious service and attention like a king but if your 30 the entertainment will put you to sleep.

A Travel Agent is your friend and helps you understand the differences and we are paid by the cruise line it does not cost you extra.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So basically your post is a plug for booking with a travel agent, which you are, even though you didn't include your website (which would have got your thread pulled...). EM

Ā 

I checked out their profile. They definitely run a travel blog. Notice the use of the phrase "we are paid by the cruise line" in their post.

Ā 

DON

So basically your post is a plug for booking with a travel agent, which you are, even though you didn't include your website (which would have got your thread pulled...). EM

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

To clear up any confusion, here's a quote from our guidelines:

Ā 

Participation of Travel Agents

Travel agents (and their associates, employees or designated representative) are encouraged to participate in the discussions on the Cruise Board and establish themselves as experts on a particular topic by responding to members' inquiries with useful answers. You are welcome to sign your name and note your professional business as long as you comply with the following:

Ā 

- You may not use your business name as your Cruise Critic user name.

- You may sign your posts with your first name only.

- You may include your company name in your signature.

- You may not list your phone number, business location (city or state), web site address, contact info or e-mail address.

- You may not include your location and/or website address in your Cruise Critic profile.

- Responding to member's inquiries on the boards with an ad for your services is not allowed.

- Only items of a general nature may be discussed on the forums by any travel agent.

Ā 

Travel Agent Recommendations

General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ā 

Hope this helps.

Lack of command of proper grammar and cohesive sentence structure in their post would turn me away from using their services anyway. Not a very professional image and not a good "plug" IMO. And BTW, we use a TA - the same one for about 20 years.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I do recommend using a Travel Agent for a cruise.

Ā 

With that said, just like all professionals some are better then others.

Ā 

So my recommendation is not to find just anyone who claims to be an agent. I think it is important to interview agents after getting recommendation from those who you know and respect such as work colleagues and friends and family. I also think it is important to get someone who thinks of you as an individual and one who is very experienced with the cruise line products that you are considering. And by experience I mean someone who has sailed on the cruise lines because and knows how to get things done on your behalf.

Ā 

Keith

I think this post is helpful because I didn't know that travel agents were paid by the cruise lines.

Ā 

I'm also not at all turned off by any grammar, or lack-thereof, on an online forum.

Ā 

Thanks for the tip!

Ā 

Ā 

First timers

RCI LOS 05/14/17

MrsDeee, they are paid by the cruise lines similar as other companies pay sales people.

Ā 

While they are an employee of the cruse line in many ways they are the sales force of many cruise lines without having to be paid benefits that a full time employee is paid.

Ā 

Keith

I also recommend using travel agents. It is important, however, that the TA be experienced booking cruises - specifically with the cruise line that you are interested in.

Ā 

If the TS (Thread Starter) has a link to some TA website, report it to CC. Otherwise, it seems that they have every right to post (and I'm not a TA).