Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Serene, do the extended Spirit class balconies (on the side of the ship by the elevators) get much sun? They look like they have quite an overhang. Also, we've only had an aft balcony and like the lack of wind. Is it windy out there? I'm debating between one of the 4 afts between the cat 11s and one of these extended 100sf ones!

Serene, do the extended Spirit class balconies (on the side of the ship by the elevators) get much sun? They look like they have quite an overhang. Also, we've only had an aft balcony and like the lack of wind. Is it windy out there? I'm debating between one of the 4 afts between the cat 11s and one of these extended 100sf ones!

you get no sea breezes on the aft. Its like sitting in a car with the window down-

the side ones are like porches. they have the roofs over them- much sun depends on the route you are sailing. SOme get some sun in the morning and the other side will get it in the afternoon.

remember--the cat 11 aft on deck 5 is not worth the money.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the information, this subject has provided some very good suggestions. We're booked on the Conquest room 7220 ...can anyone tell me if we will have the same situation with the lifeboat overhang/crew coming and going? Also, I noticed an adjacent blank area...anyone know what this space contains?

7220 will not have the overhang of the lifeboats. They are recessed into the ceiling of decks 3/4 - which is an opened public deck. very opened- very quiet.

Next door that white space is part of a handicapped cabin of the suite next to it. The balcony is awesome on that suite.

The white area across the Hall?? I have no idea. We walked this hall many times on the liberty and never saw what it was.

7220 will not have the overhang of the lifeboats. They are recessed into the ceiling of decks 3/4 - which is an opened public deck. very opened- very quiet.

Next door that white space is part of a handicapped cabin of the suite next to it. The balcony is awesome on that suite.

The white area across the Hall?? I have no idea. We walked this hall many times on the liberty and never saw what it was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have a fine mid-to-aft cabin. If you want the best cabin for viewing Alaska I would like to recommend an aft. If you can get a D-1 on any deck on the very back of the ship you will have the best view without running through the ship looking for the best vantage point. It may be too late since these cabins are the first d-1's to go, but you should request a wait list if you are interested. We were on the Radiance in Alaska last year and had an aft cabin. Priceless memories.

If you have not joined your sailing on the Connections board I suggest you do so. The best informed cruisers are on your board and will be glad to share their expertise on the cruise, ports, excursions, and everything else.

Enjoy your cruise

We didn't like the balcony cabin we had on the Sea Princess earlier this year. It was a 4 berth cabin which meant 2 x sets of bunk beds but the space was very very tight. When you enter the room you have this little corridor between the beds towards the balcony - but space was extremely tight. I can't recall the cabin number but it was aft on baja deck and only a few cabins take 4 people so should be easy to spot.

Deck 6 (6244) on the Triumph/Victory. We were right above the speakers in the show lounge. The floors vibrated from the noise late into the night and you could hear the shows very clearly.

On the triumph my parents and sister and her husband will all be on the upper deck in interiors.. they are in midship cabins. will they hear lots of noise at all? They will be in cabin 6289, not sure my sister's cabin but they will be close to them i'm sure. .

we will be on the main deck so that should be pretty quiet I hope cabin 2344.

6234 is a handicapped cabin- if you dont need the accessicbily and someone comes along-- you stand the chance of being moved to another location.

see if 7258 is available.. its the same type/balcony only no chance of being moved

the cabin is 220 and the balcony is HUGE-- there is no sofa in there either. only a small chair

Would I be better off till it gets closer to time and see where Carnival moves me (if they do)? Or try to do something about it now. Not going till Jan 25, 08. You've been a big help.

Carnival might not even move you-- its a chance you take.

I can tell you that last Liberty cruise we booked a HC oceanview-- on the empress deck- the person that was booked there was moved to an oceanview on the main deck.

7258 is the same layout except a non handicapped cabin.

Another one not to book. We had S010 on the Ryndam and for half the night we had chairs being pulled around on the Deck above. This would apply to most of the Suites on the Ryndam. This is not good as they are some of the most expensive cabins on the ship.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Another one not to book. We had S010 on the Ryndam and for half the night we had chairs being pulled around on the Deck above. This would apply to most of the Suites on the Ryndam. This is not good as they are some of the most expensive cabins on the ship.:mad: :mad: :mad:
any other cabins one should stay away from...I'm looking into the Ryndam 4-15-08

• 2 weeks later...

[

2344 is under the dinning room and may be noisy 6289 may be ok it is above the promenade but not a club or anything.

quote=jwlnroe;11498019]On the triumph my parents and sister and her husband will all be on the upper deck in interiors.. they are in midship cabins. will they hear lots of noise at all? They will be in cabin 6289, not sure my sister's cabin but they will be close to them i'm sure. .

we will be on the main deck so that should be pretty quiet I hope cabin 2344.