Divina re routing or cancellation options

Bigmaan

I understand what you mean and I agree that there are many other ports they can choose.

But with a short notice it might not be possible to choose many of those ports. Maybe some of the larger ports in the eastern are needed to get help in for the destroyed areas? I don't know.

I agree with you that people book eastern if they want eastern but maybe it isn't that simple.

I understand the short notice thing i mean for cruises beyond the hurricanes not in the next couple week but from a month or two from now. i understand that right now they have to do what they can

Hi, we're on Divina in November, we are already assuming St Martin will be scrubbed. But we'll be really disappointed with an extra sea day.

Fantasia is cruising the Leeward islands in December etc, can we expect one of these ports to be put in as an alternative to St Martin?

Just read today on another site from someone onboard the Divina:

Written Sunday:

"This was written on The Captain just gave his next update. Port of Miami is flooded. We were supposed to leave Cozumel at 11pm tonight. Then it was changed to 7am tomorrow morning. Now it has been changed to 3pm tomorrow afternoon" (MONDAY)

Edited by tbmrt

NCL have cancelled all Miami sailings until further notice.

Where are you seeing that NCL has cancelled all Miami sailings and by "all" how far out are you saying? They cancelled the ones over the weekend but as of now the NCL page says Escape is heading towards Miami (as of 12 pm yesterday). Escape is on the move to somewhere while Divina is still in Cozumel.

NCL did move all Eastern sailings to Western through at least November.

I'll check the NCL boards to see what info is over there.

ETA: Looks like and reports are that Escape did a CTN overnight and is heading back to Cozumel. Also looks like one of the RCCL ships did the same thing.

Edited by dexddd

NCL have cancelled all Miami sailings until further notice.

Sailings over the weekend and early part of the week were cancelled but there's no indication anything else cancelled. No reports on the NCL boards (they're a fiesty bunch on there :o).

It has been announced Port Miami will reopen today (12th) with Divina and 5 others due back. With Miami still under curfew, residents advised not to return yet, power remains out and a clean up operation only just underway I'm not sure how those disembarking are going to manage or arrange any onward travel.

Sailings over the weekend and early part of the week were cancelled but there's no indication anything else cancelled. No reports on the NCL boards (they're a fiesty bunch on there :o).

It has been announced Port Miami will reopen today (12th) with Divina and 5 others due back. With Miami still under curfew, residents advised not to return yet, power remains out and a clean up operation only just underway I'm not sure how those disembarking are going to manage or arrange any onward travel.

Right, no reports of any other NCL sailings being cancelled other than what was announced mid last week.

Right now, if info is correct, Divina, Escape, and one other Carnival ship huddled sailing NE just off Cancun so probably a day or two before they get into Miami. NCL offices don't open until at least tomorrow so I doubt any earlier than that for NCL and guessing Divina will be Wed. or Thurs. as well.

Updated itinerary for Divina 9/16 sailing: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/About-MSC/News/itinerary-weather-updates.aspx

16 September 2017 7:00 PM* Miami (United States)

17 September 2017 - - At sea

18 September 2017 10:00 AM* 6:00PM* Montego Bay (Jamaica)

19 September 2017 08:00 AM* 4:00 PM* Georgetown (Cayman Is.)

20 September 2017 10:30 AM* 6:30:PM* Costa Maya (Mexico)

21 September 2017 - - At sea

22 September 2017 11:00 AM* 6:00:PM* Nassau (Bahamas)

23 September 2017 07:00 AM* Miami (United States)

Now that we know the Divina is scheduled to sail on Saturday, we're thinking best way to handle getting from Tampa area to Miami. Our plan had been to drive to Naples, stay overnight and then do Alligator Alley on Saturday morning.

Wondering how jammed the roads will be with the evacuees returning. Guess we'll just have to deal with heavy traffic if still there this weekend.

Since we were lucky enough to be totally spared Irma's wrath, this is the least of my problems....So thankful.

Davina 16 Sep itinerary change. Changes in RED

16th September 2017

Miami (United States)

17th September 2017

At sea

18th September 2017

Montego Bay (Jamaica) was Sea Day

19th September 2017

Georgetown (Cayman Islands) was St Maartan

20th September 2017

Costa Maya (Mexico) was San Juan

21st September 2017

At sea

22nd September 2017

Nassau (Bahamas)

23rd September 2017

Miami (United States)

Now that we know the Divina is scheduled to sail on Saturday, we're thinking best way to handle getting from Tampa area to Miami. Our plan had been to drive to Naples, stay overnight and then do Alligator Alley on Saturday morning.

Wondering how jammed the roads will be with the evacuees returning. Guess we'll just have to deal with heavy traffic if still there this weekend.

Since we were lucky enough to be totally spared Irma's wrath, this is the least of my problems....So thankful.

Naples is a mess. If you are going to pay and stay in a hotel anyway, you might want to find a Miami based one. That way even if it takes a long time to get across the alley on Friday you KNOW that you will eventually make it and you can sleep in a bit on Saturday. The Miami hotels should be operational by then.

I have had an e mail form my hotel in Miami saying all okay. Also we had a bay cruise booked to look at the posh houses! they also e mailed us today to see if still going ahead so Miami cant be all that bad.

I assumed it would cancel !

Can now get excited again about my first cruise

Would advise to look for hotel on east coast anywhere between West Palm and Miami with power and make that your destination for a Friday precruise. West coast harder hit, Naples badly. East coast better but many places still without power. As evacuees return traffic and hotel situations could become more difficult. Still some fuel supply problems so be mindful along the way. Alligator Alley too risky to come from southwest coast, IMO. Let us know what you decide and how you make out

But there are SO MANY many many other ports in eastern there is no reason that they HAVE to choose western or just cancel. The ports we were going to are not the only ones in fact there are some eastern ports that I would KILL to visit.

Unfortunately it's not as easy as just switching. there are contracts in place between the cruise lines and port cities. Some ports can only handle so many ships at one time. With the large number of "megaships" that may also limit which ships can go where. Moving in to the busy Caribbean season, there are a lot more ships headed back to Florida and a lot of coordination needs to be done.

I won't lie, I'd be excited to go to some new E Caribbean ports. Both my Dec and March cruise was E Caribbean (as of this moment) with St Thomas and St Maarten. But I doubt either ship, Harmony or Seaside, will fit at the smaller island ports.

Wandering if any for the following could be a choice for MSC Divina as an alternative in late October?

Aruba

St Lucia

Martinque

St Kitts

Dominica

We have a late Oct cruise booked for Divina. My thought was St Kitts would be the easiest choice to replace St Maarten as it has a large deep cruise pier. St Kitts is not typically busy before December so there should be availability to dock. Not sure if the harbor and dock in Dominica would support the Divina. Thought St Croix but usually smaller ships go there. The other islands would be to far from Miami to do San Juan and Nassau with. Unless they just do a full change of the itinerary.

I usually sign off "happy planning" but I think I will save that until we know how our itineraries will be changed. Karen

Article I read today (USA Today I think it was) said that all major cruise lines are concentrating on evaluations/relief efforts and the next 30 days of passenger cruises. From there they will handle things 30-45 out so just because they do something now does not mean that is the solution for say November and beyond.

Montego Bay is part of the western itinerary route and was the obvious choice. I imagine Falmouth might get more traffic too.

St. Croix does take large ships so that's a choice, but ships stopped going there largely due to crime so not sure how that will pan out. St kitts is positively doable.

I've only done the other islands listed (Aruba, Dominica, Martinique, and Dominica) when sailing longer cruises from Florida or 7 day from San Juan. Time is an issue for these, plus ships are generally sailing slower to reduce fuel cost.

It's going to be a mess this winter, I expect a buyers market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a huge score for me. Antigua has amazing beaches. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YEAH? Maybe you can suggest something beach wise for my wife and I to do that day since we never been. Or should we do a island tour? Feel free to message me wince it is kinda off topic here. I was at a loss for ideas because i dont know the island, beach day or tour day???