Divina - "Inclusive" Classic Drink Package - Upgrade to Premium??

pfs

Going to have my TA try to apply this to our Seaside inaugural sailing in December. We got the all inclusive classic as a perk when we booked in Jan 2016. Will report back if it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please do keep us updated.... I forgot the we have the inclusive classic included on our Seaside reservation as well.

Cruising on the Divina in April in the Aurea class which, of course, includes the classic beverage package. I, too, was told by two different phone reps that I could not upgrade to the premium. However, both reps did also tell me that if we order anything that is over the allowance (which I think is around $8 for liquor) we simply pay the difference on that drink. Can anyone confirm this? Also, I've perused a good number of their menus and I see that for liquors that are included in the classic package the serving is 1.5 oz (a standard shot) but does this include mixers at all?

I was told the same thing too. I would just have to pay the price difference.

This is what we got, at embarkation, on Orchestra in the Caribbean last April, the upgrade prices, in euros, can be seen near the bottom of the image/

I would expect something similar for US sailings

024-001.jpg

Pete

I was told that I would have to pay for the premium drink. Even if you had the classic package.

I was also told that I can not upgrade my classic drink package to a premium one by paying the difference, The only whay would be able to upgrade it by purchasing the premium drink package.

I'll let everyone know if that code works for me.

Cruising on the Divina in April in the Aurea class which, of course, includes the classic beverage package. I, too, was told by two different phone reps that I could not upgrade to the premium. However, both reps did also tell me that if we order anything that is over the allowance (which I think is around $8 for liquor) we simply pay the difference on that drink. Can anyone confirm this? Also, I've perused a good number of their menus and I see that for liquors that are included in the classic package the serving is 1.5 oz (a standard shot) but does this include mixers at all?

You cannot pay the difference in price - you must pay the full price. There are items such as speciality coffees on the menus that would be less than $8 and still not covered by the basic package! Ergo, the basic package is not about the $ price of the drink.

Hi!

I can confirm - but on Poesia. But it should be the same procedure on all MSC ships. You can upgrade it directly at the same MSC employees, who are selling the drink packages - but you'll habe to pay the service charge of 15% for the surcharge.

bumping this thread as I have been unable to get an answer to that, too! We have the Cheers/Mealtime package which was included in our fare. I'd like to upgrade this to the All Inclusive package (doesn't need to be premium) but can't find out if 1) it is doable, 2) what the fee would be in USD$ while in the Caribbean (on the Divina)

I have the promotion included Classic beverage. I asked to upgrade to Premium and this is your answer.

I was forwarded your email regarding the drink package to check on. Per MSC they do not offer an upgrade on the package. If you would like the Premium package you would have to pay for that at a cost of $385 pp, for a total of $770.00 which includes top shelf alcohol. Please let us know by responding to Customersupport@cruise.com or by calling our Client Service department at 800-217-1807, If you would like us to add the package. We would also need to get the credit card information, we do not keep credit cards numbers in our system, we only can see the last four digits from a previous credit card charge.

I have the promotion included Classic beverage. I asked to upgrade to Premium and this is your answer.

I was forwarded your email regarding the drink package to check on. Per MSC they do not offer an upgrade on the package. If you would like the Premium package you would have to pay for that at a cost of $385 pp, for a total of $770.00 which includes top shelf alcohol. Please let us know by responding to Customersupport@cruise.com or by calling our Client Service department at 800-217-1807, If you would like us to add the package. We would also need to get the credit card information, we do not keep credit cards numbers in our system, we only can see the last four digits from a previous credit card charge.

I don't know why MSC USA is not allowing you to upgrade for the difference. They certainly are in the UK. I've upgraded from the included in fare (Aurea) basic package to the deluxe (premium) one for €7 pppd (We pay in Euros from Ireland with the UK office). That's for a Divina booking for a Caribbean sailing from Miami! I have to pay the extra at final payment.

I've also been able to upgrade the package onboard Sinfonia - both in the Med and on a repo - by paying the difference plus 15% service charge before MSC UK introduced the facility for upgrading prior to sailing.

Here's a photo of the code that Bret (cruiseguyinorl) posted being used by MSC UK office to upgrade us on Divina (apologies for the poor shot - I've taken it on my phone from my MacBook screen - I just shot the info needed for here):

133eb8d84e342deaf5904d6b7d643fea.jpg

Under 'Description' you can see that the booking had the original 'upgrade' of 534 to reflect that the basic drinks package was to be added as it's an Aurea booking. Then, underneath, 534 is upgraded to 536 for the deluxe package.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Update...We finally got a decent agent at MSC and she was able to apply the code for our December 23rd sailing on the Seaside. When we booked we had the promo that was including the all inclusive classic package. $56 pp total and we are upgraded to the premium package. The given code for the upgrade was a success!

Do you have the persons name and/or number? Everyone I spoke with will not do the upgrade. They want me to pay full price,

Her name was Marissa. When you talk to them make sure to tell them the OBS code. They will see it in their system.

Carlos told me there is no Marissa then he asked me for your name and reservation number so they could see what was done and apply the upgrade to mine. What doesn't make sense the UK office does this upgrade all the time but the US want full price.

Carlos told me there is no Marissa then he asked me for your name and reservation number so they could see what was done and apply the upgrade to mine. What doesn't make sense the UK office does this upgrade all the time but the US want full price.

I don't really want to put that all out there on cruise critic as there is no way to PM, but the wording you need to use with them (get a supervisor if necessary) is that they need to apply OBS code 536UPGAD to your reservation for the upgrade.

And Marissa was new...been there maybe a month. She had to go ask her supervisor a dozen questions during this call (we were cleaning up other items as well for our group).

Thanks to all who assisted with the code

536UPGAD− UPGRADE 534 − 536 − $56

it worked

Glad you were finally able to get it done! Now it's just the countdown to enjoy the grey goose, patron, and the minibar!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was intrigued by this and so gave TA a call to see if our All-Inclusive Classic Package could be upgraded using the code. He couldn't find any option to add the code to their system, and so called MSC.

MSC were familiar with the code, but after trying to apply it the system wouldn't allow it. No certainty as to why, perhaps they have a limited number of code uses? She said the only option she had available on the system was to simply purchase the premium package outright.

Just to check - it seems a lot of you who were successful are in the Aurea experience, so being in Fantastica may be the issue. Just a thought...

Just to check - it seems a lot of you who were successful are in the Aurea experience, so being in Fantastica may be the issue. Just a thought...

I have a Fantastica booking with all-inclusive included as a promotion. I could upgrade for the difference.