What AIRPORT is closest to the Cruise Port in Miami

toxicfairy

You are on the MSC Board that should be a big clue. In any case, MSC's newest ship that starts sailing out of the Port of Miami late this year.

Sorry, because its MSC's NEWEST ship, I forgot, that it will be sailing out of Miami this year.

Correct....Southwest does not fly into Miami so the closest airport is Fort Lauderdale.

Aaahhh THANK YOU! That makes sense! Darn any idea how far the Fort Lauderdale aiport is from Port of Miami? I screwed up once thinking we were cruiseing out of Ft Lauderdale and it was actually out of cape Canaveral and I've still never lived it down! Wrong hotel, transportation, everything. I was scrambling last minute. Thank God someone on CC actually caught my mistake by saying "umm are you sure because that ship doesn't go out of that port!" Saved my butt...but still my husband makes fun of me!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Aaahhh THANK YOU! That makes sense! Darn any idea how far the Fort Lauderdale aiport is from Port of Miami? I screwed up once thinking we were cruiseing out of Ft Lauderdale and it was actually out of cape Canaveral and I've still never lived it down! Wrong hotel, transportation, everything. I was scrambling last minute. Thank God someone on CC actually caught my mistake by saying "umm are you sure because that ship doesn't go out of that port!" Saved my butt...but still my husband makes fun of me!

Oh no! I would have been freaking out lol

It looks like FLL is about 30 miles from MIA. I think a rental car is a good option to get there. Are you flying in the night before? We've flown into FLL for a cruise and the hotel we stayed at offered shuttles to both Port Everglades and Port Miami.

Miami is closest you can choose Miami or fLL depending on price. Tons of shuttles from FLL to POM for $15 pp. Its about 30 minutes depending on trafffic.

I suspect west palm beach might have come out in your search. I've never done shuttle from there so not sure of availability.

Between FlL and MIA it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is correct that Southwest does not fly into Miami International Airport . They only go into Fort Lauderdale Airport . Before you buy tickets , since you are planning to fly down a day early , check with the major travel sites , Travelocity , Orbitz , etc . for packages that include flight and hotel room . You can save a good bit of money and some of the hotels offer free transfers from the airport and some even have shuttle service to the cruise port (usually for a small fee). We are going on the Seaside in June of 2018, and I have found several package deals that beat the current flight only prices. Biggest problem , airline tickets are not refundable so you need to be sure you buy what you want and you also need to pay up front .

Toxic,

As you are running prices for Miami, run a check for the Southwest flights to West Palm Beach. It does pose logistical challenges but sometimes it's cheaper To make it work you have to be renting a car anyway. Otherwise it's not worth the time to check.

Toxic,

As you are running prices for Miami, run a check for the Southwest flights to West Palm Beach. It does pose logistical challenges but sometimes it's cheaper To make it work you have to be renting a car anyway. Otherwise it's not worth the time to check.

I live about 15 minutes from Palm Beach International and sadly I have never found a flight to be cheaper from there. While convenient, I often drive to Ft Lauderdale for flights because it's typically a significant price difference.

But kudos to anyone who happens to find it cheaper!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As other have said you need to check each airline individually. Not all airlines fly into all airports. You can use Kayak or other services as a general guideline but even they do not list every flight and you need to go to Southwest or Allegan, Frontier or other smaller airlines.

I'll fly into fll and try to find a hotel for the night that has transportation to the cruise port.

You will find it very difficult to find a hotel in the FLL area that has a shuttle to the Miami seaport. Your best bet is to fly into FLL the day before on Southwest. Get a hotel that has a free airport shuttle. There are many different hotels in the Dania Beach area to choose from. Dania Beach is south of FLL going towards Miami. If you get a hotel any further south such as Hollywood, they will not have a free shuttle from the airport. This is important since you will not have a rental car and you have 4 people with 12 assorted bags. Your best bet is to use Lyft or Uber and have them pick you up at your hotel to get you to the cruise port. The shuttles charge 15 pp, but usually only allow 2 bags per person. You're also at their mercy going to the port and if you like to get there real early, they can be difficult to deal with since they are still picking up at the port around 1000 am so they could not be picking you up then. If you use Uber or Lyft, you control when they show up. Lyft has a 50.00 first time user promo code which will make it free or very cheap if you go with their larger vehicle choice. When we used them for our roundtrip shuttles last week, both times we requested the basic vehicle and we got SUVs. Smaller ones that would unfortunately not accommodate your 4 passenger/12 bag requirements. The best way would be to get two vehicles, split your group in half and use two promo codes,so it would be free for you. After the cruise, you could do it all over again with two other adults opening an account and utilizing the free codes for first time user. Good luck

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Flying Soutwest is BS anyway: fly direct with American and skip the $100++ one-way transfer cost, between FLL-Miami Port!

Don't fly into FLL for a Miami based cruise!!!

Spend the extra to fly direct to Miami and stay overnight there!

The MIA airport is MUCH nicer than FLL and has great lounges & food too.

Edited by gkbiiii

Flying Soutwest is BS anyway: fly direct with American and skip the $100++ one-way transfer cost, between FLL-Miami Port!

Don't fly into FLL for a Miami based cruise!!!

Spend the extra to fly direct to Miami and stay overnight there!

The MIA airport is MUCH nicer than FLL and has great lounges & food too.

And with 8 bags, they will pay 400 round trip in bags fees on American versus zero on Southwest....not so much BS now, huh?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app