Obstructed view rooms on E deck Emerald Princess

marylizcat

I was wondering about the size of these E deck obstructed view staterooms. On the deck plan, they look to be the same size as the E deck mini-suites, apart from the balcony obviously. Are they really that big? With a sofa?

E520 and E512 are available and look like they are not totally obstructed. Anybody know anything about them?

I was wondering about the size of these E deck obstructed view staterooms. On the deck plan, they look to be the same size as the E deck mini-suites, apart from the balcony obviously. Are they really that big? With a sofa?

E520 and E512 are available and look like they are not totally obstructed. Anybody know anything about them?

Sorry, I only answered part of your question. These cabins are definitely not the same size as the Minisuites. I have stayed in both. There is no sofa in the OV cabins. And the minisuites have a tub/shower combo, and the size of the bathroom is much larger.

Karen

Both cabins are partly behind the large tenders.

See picture of view from E512.

Theo

E512.jpg.76eb503f323129fecdba796a36e1c7ad.jpg

try for E425, I stayed there on the Emerald last year - great view, mid ship, and can sleep 4

That is surprising since from the deck plan it looks like there would be no view at all! Shows you can't tell from the plans! Thank you for your help.

Theo

[ATTACH]210951[/ATTACH]

Thank you for the photo, it is very helpful to actually see the view. Do you have a picture of E425 suggested by 'funeralbabe'?

Thank you for the photo, it is very helpful to actually see the view. Do you have a picture of E425 suggested by 'funeralbabe'?

Cabin E425 on the Emerald Pr. will have a view over a regular lifeboat similar to this shot taken from E508 on its sister ship, the Ruby.

RubyE508.jpg.9fb6b3cea9ffb389fc51b85c3c19fa17.jpg

The view to the right or towards the rear will be blocked by the elevated lifeboat driver's section.

RubyE507R.jpg.e348a6af7a33ae0b616683f4f786b3e2.jpg

I just returned from 10 days on the Emerald Princess in cabin E-404 whose "obstructed view" was great. And the cabins on either side would be a good choice also. These windows are between lifeboats so the view is fantastic.

Forgot to take a picture of the view but except for a low railing on a catwalk, the window was un-obstructed and will ask for that same cabin when I sail again.

I just returned from 10 days on the Emerald Princess in cabin E-404 whose "obstructed view" was great. And the cabins on either side would be a good choice also. These windows are between lifeboats so the view is fantastic.

Forgot to take a picture of the view but except for a low railing on a catwalk, the window was un-obstructed and will ask for that same cabin when I sail again.

We are sailing in this cabin in Sept next year - NY to Quebec City.

Was the bed under the window? Hoping not!

How did you like the location of the cabin? Any noise issues? We've never been on this deck.

Thanks!

The only OV cabins on Emerald with the beds under the window or on the outside wall are the ones that accommodate more than two persons. In these cabins the beds must be apart when one or both bunks need to be used. This is to have access to both the bunks and beds. See shot below.

Cabin E404 is a two person cabin thus will have the beds against the side wall.

[ATTACH]211077[/ATTACH]

Edited by robtulipe

We are sailing in this cabin in Sept next year - NY to Quebec City.

Was the bed under the window? Hoping not!

How did you like the location of the cabin? Any noise issues? We've never been on this deck.

Thanks!

Bed was in the middle of the room against the right wall as you walk into the cabin. the dresser/desk was on one side of the window and the fridge and TV on the other. Be sure to ask for an egg-crate mattress topper as it would have been uncomfortable without one.

Just returned from the Emerald room E627. there was a small lifeboat about even with the bottom of the window..had a great view.

First time on Emerald deck and the aft location was very convenient. Hardly ever used the elevator unless we were going to the pool or buffet.

Here is a outside picture of that area on the port side of Emerald Pr and I have marked where starboard side E627 would be. That is actually the window for cabin E628.

I agree having a Cat. F cabin in that area is very convenient as we've had one there several times. All of the windows in this shot are Cat. F cabins including the ones behind the tender so our choice for the two cabins we and friend have for our Emerald Pr cruise next month are the really non-obstructed Cat. F obstructed view cabins to the rear of that last lifeboat on both sides. These are beside a section where some of the Cat. DD or highest OV category cabins are.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211097&d=1320068151

EmeraldRearCatF.jpg.1a84100ab43ceaf2ca742bb6c6013072.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We also just returned from the 10 day Southern Caribbean on Emerald. We had stateroom 419 on Emerald deck and it was almost a totally unobstructed view although sold as an obstructed view cabin. We were very close to the mid-elevators which was very convenient yet not noisy. This cabin was recommended on this board but did not have a photo for me to see. I didn't take a picture either because I no longer take a camera along. However, it does not sleep more than two.

This is cabin E618 on Grand sister ship Golden and the deckplan indicates it occupies the same position between the tenders as E606 on Grand. Here its view which is fairly unobstructed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211202&d=1320112614

GoldenE618.jpg.55983903b7e6d901d684f03da4ea3ae7.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

• 7 years later...
On 10/29/2011 at 2:09 PM, Renmar said:

Theo

E512.jpg.76eb503f323129fecdba796a36e1c7ad.jpg

I'm thinking E512 on Star Princess.  I don't mind the partially obstructed.  My concern is that it appears that this cabin is right on top of the stage and dance floor on Deck 7.  Any experiences in this cabin on the noise from down below?  

Thanks.