Off site parking Port of Miami

armstrom

I just thought I would share a quick review of my experience with this garage. I could not find any reviews of this facility when I was shopping around so I thought I would share my experience. I booked through http://www.unitedairportparking.com and got a rate of $76.16 ($89.38 after taxes and fees) for a 7-day cruise.

Location: The garage is pretty easy to find. It's located about a mile north of the port. The operators of the garage put out a sign near the entrance that says "cruise parking" so there's no confusion as to where you should park (there are other garages nearby).

Facility: The garage is built like a tank. One way in/out and it is locked with an iron gate after 7:00 PM every night. I had NO reservations about leaving my car there. It is a standard multi-floor parking garage with overflow on the roof.

Service: Who cares about service? It's a garage, right? Well, here was my experience. There is a man standing right inside the entrance who checks your paperwork, pulls the ticket from the machine and tells you which floor to park on. Once you drive up to the cruise parking levels (I think the lower levels are used for hourly parking during the day) the shuttle driver is standing by to direct you into a spot. It's important to point out that this is NOT a valet lot so you don't have to worry about the staff having a bit of a "Ferris Bueller" with your car! The shuttle driver pulled the shuttle van right up behind our car so we just pulled the luggage out of our trunk and he loaded it up in the van.

Shuttle: The main advantage of this lot is that the free shuttle is round trip. All of the other long-term lots I could find in the area are over by the airport. Most don't provide a free shuttle at all, and many only provide shuttle service to the port, leaving you to take a cab back from the port to get your car. The shuttle dropped us off right in front of the terminal for our ship and handed our luggage off to the porters.

The return trip was painless as well. As we walked out of the cruise terminal we spotted the shuttle loading up some passengers and leaving. We only had to wait about 10-15 min before another shuttle from our garage came by and we flagged him down. The bags were loaded up and we picked up a few extra passengers from other terminals and we were on our way back to the garage. Overall a VERY painless procedure. Since I pre-paid for the parking I simply showed the man at the entrance/exit (same one from a week before, probably the owner/manager) my paperwork and was on my way.

In summary I can strongly recommend this garage as an excellent alternative to the $20/day garage at the port. Almost half the price and just as convenient IMO. Of course, this was just my experience... the lot was pretty full so maybe we'll get some more reviews.

Sorry for the long-winded review but I hope it is helpful for others as alternative parking for the Port of Miami seems to be a fairly regular topic posted here :)

Edit: I forgot one big disclaimer. The vans used for the shuttles said "CBM" on the side. Now, the lot was in no way identified as a CBM lot and is NOT the infamous CBM lot over by the airport that so many people have complained about. I read the reviews on that site and most of the problems were related to damage done to the cars or something similar. I attribute that to the the lot being valet while the lot I used was self-park. I don't know if this lot has anything to do with the "other" CBM lot, but my experience was quite positive.

Edited by armstrom

I am thinking about using these guys for my next cruise out of Miami. When I go to their website, they appear to be taking reservations for lots of parking garages around the country but it will not make reservations if you select Philadelphia or Denver or anywhere else other than the Miami or Fort Lauderdale locations.

I called the # on the website and the lady I talked with said her name was Paula and she would not give me the parking garage address. She said she would not work for free and the address would be given with a paid reservation only.

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind: What is the address of the parking garage? Who made the charge on your credit card?

I am thinking about using these guys for my next cruise out of Miami. When I go to their website, they appear to be taking reservations for lots of parking garages around the country but it will not make reservations if you select Philadelphia or Denver or anywhere else other than the Miami or Fort Lauderdale locations.

I called the # on the website and the lady I talked with said her name was Paula and she would not give me the parking garage address. She said she would not work for free and the address would be given with a paid reservation only.

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind: What is the address of the parking garage? Who made the charge on your credit card?

This would be a big red flag to me and I would not use them. If you search United Airport Parking, you'll find some pretty horrible experiences.

I agree with Blue Herons. Any cryptic answer like you got from Paula, tells me I wouldn't want to leave my car with her company. Why would a reputable company try to hide info from a propsective customer?

I don't defend them, and don't expect to use them. But to answer your question..... They are acting as an agent to place you in a parking garage. If you knew which garage in advance, you might just call them and book direct. They wouldn't get a fee that way.

With all the Miami cruisers surely someone who has parked at Premiere Cruise Parking for an extended time will kindly, once and for all, REVEAL THE ADDRESS of this parking garage. Screw the lady on the phone and her commission. :mad: I'll consider parking at this place when I know the exact address and only after I arrive in Miami. None of this pay in advance with my credit card over the internet for a pig in the poke. ;):cool:

• 2 weeks later...
I just thought I would share a quick review of my experience with this garage. I could not find any reviews of this facility when I was shopping around so I thought I would share my experience. I booked through www.unitedairportparking.com and got a rate of $76.16 ($89.38 after taxes and fees) for a 7-day cruise.

Location: The garage is pretty easy to find. It's located about a mile north of the port. The operators of the garage put out a sign near the entrance that says "cruise parking" so there's no confusion as to where you should park (there are other garages nearby).

Facility: The garage is built like a tank. One way in/out and it is locked with an iron gate after 7:00 PM every night. I had NO reservations about leaving my car there. It is a standard multi-floor parking garage with overflow on the roof.

Service: Who cares about service? It's a garage, right? Well, here was my experience. There is a man standing right inside the entrance who checks your paperwork, pulls the ticket from the machine and tells you which floor to park on. Once you drive up to the cruise parking levels (I think the lower levels are used for hourly parking during the day) the shuttle driver is standing by to direct you into a spot. It's important to point out that this is NOT a valet lot so you don't have to worry about the staff having a bit of a "Ferris Bueller" with your car! The shuttle driver pulled the shuttle van right up behind our car so we just pulled the luggage out of our trunk and he loaded it up in the van.

Shuttle: The main advantage of this lot is that the free shuttle is round trip. All of the other long-term lots I could find in the area are over by the airport. Most don't provide a free shuttle at all, and many only provide shuttle service to the port, leaving you to take a cab back from the port to get your car. The shuttle dropped us off right in front of the terminal for our ship and handed our luggage off to the porters.

The return trip was painless as well. As we walked out of the cruise terminal we spotted the shuttle loading up some passengers and leaving. We only had to wait about 10-15 min before another shuttle from our garage came by and we flagged him down. The bags were loaded up and we picked up a few extra passengers from other terminals and we were on our way back to the garage. Overall a VERY painless procedure. Since I pre-paid for the parking I simply showed the man at the entrance/exit (same one from a week before, probably the owner/manager) my paperwork and was on my way.

In summary I can strongly recommend this garage as an excellent alternative to the $20/day garage at the port. Almost half the price and just as convenient IMO. Of course, this was just my experience... the lot was pretty full so maybe we'll get some more reviews.

Sorry for the long-winded review but I hope it is helpful for others as alternative parking for the Port of Miami seems to be a fairly regular topic posted here :)

Edit: I forgot one big disclaimer. The vans used for the shuttles said "CBM" on the side. Now, the lot was in no way identified as a CBM lot and is NOT the infamous CBM lot over by the airport that so many people have complained about. I read the reviews on that site and most of the problems were related to damage done to the cars or something similar. I attribute that to the the lot being valet while the lot I used was self-park. I don't know if this lot has anything to do with the "other" CBM lot, but my experience was quite positive.

FYI I called 800-435-3195 which is the phone number for CBM. I asked the gentelman who answered the phone if there (He told me this was the CMB address by the port) lot at 1415 NE 2nd street was the Premier Cruise Parking. His answer was yes. Therefore I believe Premier and CBM are one in the same.:(

Armstrom - I am glad your experience was good. Ours ended up alright, but I will not park there again.

We used the CBM Parking garage for our cruise at the end of November. We made our reservations on line and followed their written instructions to the letter. When we arrived at the parking garage at our reservation time (10:00 a.m.), we were told we could not park until after 11:00 and to leave the garage and drive around Miami until 11:00. We went ahead and parked in the cruise parking area (at the top of the parking garage, very limited covered parking) Bill went down and talked to the guy at the entrance, he never said a thing about having to check in or get a different car pass for the vehicle. They start shuttling people to the port at 11:00, on the way to the port the driver mentioned something and I asked if our car would be safe. He said he could not guarantee it. After getting on the ship and setting up our onboard internet account, I sent an email to the corporate office and explained we had followed their written instructions and the conversation with the driver, they sent back an email about 2 hours later and said our car would be fine. It was, but we still thought about what we would find when we got back to Miami. When we did arrive back in Miami, the driver of the shuttle back to the parking garage would only take the drivers, leaving the passengers and all the luggage curb side at the port. It was not a pleasent experience.

In addition, another couple we were traveling with also parked there, and they had some discussions as to the price quoted per day and what the lot wanted to charge. Not sure how that worked out as Bill was back to pick me up before the driver of the other car was able to get back to the port. In checking later it took him another 10 minutes to get back to the port and he was the car behind Bill leaving the lot. I will pay the price at the port it is not worth the little bit of difference in price (port would have been $240.00 and we paid $136.00) Believe me it is not worth the worry.

Edited by Bette And Bill

Armstrom - I am glad your experience was good. Ours ended up alright, but I will not park there again.

We used the CBM Parking garage for our cruise at the end of November. We made our reservations on line and followed their written instructions to the letter. When we arrived at the parking garage at our reservation time (10:00 a.m.), we were told we could not park until after 11:00 and to leave the garage and drive around Miami until 11:00. We went ahead and parked in the cruise parking area (at the top of the parking garage, very limited covered parking) Bill went down and talked to the guy at the entrance, he never said a thing about having to check in or get a different car pass for the vehicle. They start shuttling people to the port at 11:00, on the way to the port the driver mentioned something and I asked if our car would be safe. He said he could not guarantee it. After getting on the ship and setting up our onboard internet account, I sent an email to the corporate office and explained we had followed their written instructions and the conversation with the driver, they sent back an email about 2 hours later and said our car would be fine. It was, but we still thought about what we would find when we got back to Miami. When we did arrive back in Miami, the driver of the shuttle back to the parking garage would only take the drivers, leaving the passengers and all the luggage curb side at the port. It was not a pleasent experience.

In addition, another couple we were traveling with also parked there, and they had some discussions as to the price quoted per day and what the lot wanted to charge. Not sure how that worked out as Bill was back to pick me up before the driver of the other car was able to get back to the port. In checking later it took him another 10 minutes to get back to the port and he was the car behind Bill leaving the lot. I will pay the price at the port it is not worth the little bit of difference in price (port would have been $240.00 and we paid $136.00) Believe me it is not worth the worry.

This is the same thing I'm thinking.. I've been looking at every option, car rental, united parking, parking at airport then cab, parking at hotels around airport and then cab, shuttle, etc etc..

Ugh seriously.. 5 day cruise - 100.00 at port.. the cheapest route I found was united parking as a alternative but you need to pay upfront to even making it close to worthwhile and that still comes out to be 65.74.. You know what.. for 35 bucks I'll park at the port and walk on the boat.

Thanks for everyone sharing their experiences!!

This is the same thing I'm thinking.. I've been looking at every option, car rental, united parking, parking at airport then cab, parking at hotels around airport and then cab, shuttle, etc etc..

Ugh seriously.. 5 day cruise - 100.00 at port.. the cheapest route I found was united parking as a alternative but you need to pay upfront to even making it close to worthwhile and that still comes out to be 65.74.. You know what.. for 35 bucks I'll park at the port and walk on the boat.

Thanks for everyone sharing their experiences!!

Good call. If you think Miami is a PIA, try cruising out of one of the NY ports and parking a car.

It is simply not a responsible business practice for United Airport Parking to demand upfront payment for parking provided by an unknown Miami associate lot and then disclaim all responsibility for any services provided or not provided by that associate lot.

I just thought I would share a quick review of my experience with this garage. I could not find any reviews of this facility when I was shopping around so I thought I would share my experience. I booked through www.unitedairportparking.com and got a rate of $76.16 ($89.38 after taxes and fees) for a 7-day cruise.

Our experience was pretty much the same as Armstrom's. Everything went smoothly, no problems, car was fine, and we saved about $100 for a 12-day cruise. We probably waited almost 20 minutes for the van on the way back.

It seems that this company rents out space where they park the cars. The driver told us they've been at this location, which is an enclosed building, for about 6 months. No guarantee that they'll be there forever.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm... my dad just reserved a space for the United Parking and after reading this thread it makes me curious. I'm hoping that the experience will be more pleasant than what I've read here and elsewhere.

So is United Parking really CBM?

Hmmmm... my dad just reserved a space for the United Parking and after reading this thread it makes me curious. I'm hoping that the experience will be more pleasant than what I've read here and elsewhere.

So is United Parking really CBM?

United Airport Parking is "an information service" that, for a commission, refers you to park with its undisclosed local associates. It also disclaims all liability for any dispute or claim that arises between you and the local associate. Not a reputable way to conduct business, in my opinion.

I have used United Airport Parking in the past - it was not this garage, but a lot further away. I have also used other long-term parking in FLL. ALL of these places require a reservation and up front payment. I have always had great service and my car has always been fine. Think of it this way - do you want it advertised where your car is going to be all alone for a week or more?

• 6 months later...

Anybody use Premier Cruise parking on 2nd street in Miami lately?

I have Hampton Inn - Blue Lagoon reserved. They will let us park for the week and then take us to port but not back. Was looking at changing to another Hampton Inn further west, that would be around $71 a night and then doing Premier parking for around $44. That compared to $110 for HIBL + return cab fare of $30. That would save us $25 plus we would be dropped off and picked at the port.

I would avoid this place like the plague. Terrible experience with them on a prepaid reservation. Refused to allow me to park at 10am and for 2 nights, even though thats when I reserved and prepaid for. Had to go to Amex to get my money back. Park at the pier, its not worth the hassle for the savings.

I'm not the only one, plenty of other terrible reviews for them also...

However I can confirm that this is the correct address for their garage...

Edited by deej696

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Parked at Premier Cruise Parking on March 16, 2011 with no problems. Shuttle picked us up at our car and delivered us to cruise terminal. After cruise, we waited about 10minutes for shuttle to garage. Shuttle dropped us at our car.

Garage is about 5minutes from cruise terminal at 1415 NE 2nd Avenue. My cheap Garmin had no trouble finding it. Also, their printed directions are accurate. Be sure to watch for exit 2B off I395. it comes up fast!

Cost was $8/day plus $5. Sure beats the $20/day at the port garage.

Garage was clean and looked secure with locked gates and attendant.

We'll use it again.

• 4 weeks later...

We used this service for our cruise on April 17, 2011. If they had more shuttles running, this would be an outstanding service. It's garage parking, it's close to the port, and it's less than half the price of the port. The one downside is that we waited 30 minutes or so to get taken to the boat and on return we waited about 50 minutes (and 2 phone calls) to get picked up. If you have the time, it still may be worth it. I'd suggest calling though as soon as you get off the boat and act like you've been waiting for a while so they actually break out another van.

• 4 months later...

The address below is for Premier Parking Ventures. The address is different from those stated above. Their prices are very low but I don't know if this is just a lot or a garage.

Port of Miami

1221 NE 1st Avenue

Miami, Fl, 33132

Here is their website: http//premierparkingusa.com

or: http://premierparkingusa.com/our-services/port-miami-cruise-parking.php?gclid=CPTB8PmH9aoCFd6K5god3lq2Ig

We have also been considering our options. Budget is tight so we are trying to save pennies for the cruise.

If anyone has tried this parking service at the above address, please critique it. Thanks

Carnival Valor Sept. 2011

Holland America 2007

Edited by FL Cracker

FL Cracker

The company you mentioned has an open lot that is gravel/dirt,much like this other company portofmiamicruiseparking.com that charges $4.50 per day,they are run/patroled by homeless folks,this one doesnt even offer shuttle service you have to call a cab,in that are in Miami,no thanks!!!

We parked at premier cruise parking they have a garage on 1415 ne 2 ave,its secure and clean,you have to wait a bit for the shutlle but is was worth it for us.I paid $9.00 per day without reservation,I think is $8.00 with reservation,I will use them again in November.Hope this will help you.Good luck.