St. Thomas snorkel excursion time for Trunk Bay?

Calijcab23

Hi everyone,

We're going on RCI Jewel of the Seas on the 15th and had a quick question. We were interested in STM9- Adventure Snorkel with Turtles and Stingrays in St. Thomas. Its supposed to be 3 h 30 minutes. Would that leave us time to take the ferry/taxi over to Trunk Bay too? We'd love to do both. If there isn't enought time, would you recommend the excursion or just go to Trunk Bay and snorkel there?

Thanks so very much! We're so excited :)

It will be almost impossible to do both trips. Trunk Bay snorkling is fantastic but it going to take a taxi over to Red Hook, a ferry ride to St John, a open truck type taxi to Trunk Bay beach and reverse the trip back. We have been to St Thomas many times and seen turtles but never sting rays on our excursions, good luck.

Hi everyone,

We're going on RCI Jewel of the Seas on the 15th and had a quick question. We were interested in STM9- Adventure Snorkel with Turtles and Stingrays in St. Thomas. Its supposed to be 3 h 30 minutes. Would that leave us time to take the ferry/taxi over to Trunk Bay too? We'd love to do both. If there isn't enought time, would you recommend the excursion or just go to Trunk Bay and snorkel there?

If I were you you I would book the ferry to St Johns and go straight to Trunk Bay. It is the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. They have snorkeling trails there too. I would book the ferry through rcl. I was the last one back on the ship.:D

Just keep in mind that if you are going to take the ferry over to St John's it leaves on the hour(at least it was that way when I was there) so if you get to the ferry dock at 10:05 you will have just missed it and will have to wait til 11 for the next one and the same thing coming back.

I have done both snorkeling in St Thomas and ferry to St John to go to Trunk Bay. Both are great but I think too much to do both in one day.

Hi everyone,

We did St. Johns and Trunk Bay last month for the first time. It is such a gorgeous island that we did not want to leave. We felt rushed as it was seeing what we wanted to see in St. Johns. I would absolutely skip the STM9 tour and go straight to St. Johns for the day.

Hi calijcab23, welcome to Cruise Critic!

Personally, I would just book a St. John shore excursion thru the ship and enjoy this lovely island. I fell in love with St. John back in the 70s, having spent three weeks there. Btw, you will find much info on the St. Thomas/St. John Ports of Call board here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133. You are in for an unforgettable day! ;) p.s. You've chosen a beautiful ship, we love her sister ships Radiance and Serenade.

Edited by jmf123