Single men, on which ship and when are you going?

Mahalia40

aloha everyone, single male, 40 , navy, who will be taking a cruise over the christmas holidays 22 DEC with my daughter 16 and son 11. it's our second cruise.

They loving making new friends, bahamas, food and all the kids activites. i also enjoy making new friends, dancing, and the entertainment.

Last time i met a lot of good people.

well if any other sinlges or solo cruisers going share a smile...

I have read a lot of comments about solo traveling not being so bad. I have never done this. There has always been others (family, friends, SO) on a cruise with me. Now that I am single, the thought of taking a cruise by myself is a little scary.

I have read a lot of comments about solo traveling not being so bad. I have never done this. There has always been others (family, friends, SO) on a cruise with me. Now that I am single, the thought of taking a cruise by myself is a little scary.

It's not bad, 3 of my 4 past cruises I have done solo/single/alone. I have a semi-friendly personality. Kinda shy at first, but once I meet someone, I open up pretty easily. I haven't had any problems finding anyone to hang with or talk to on past cruises.

Heck, my last one I had a very young girlfriend. She was like 8 years old and her parents said she didn't talk to anyone and was always shy. Well, she never shut up with me and kept asking her parents when dinner was so she could talk to me again. Very cute if you ask me. Her parents were a blast to hang with as well.

I just find people and talk to them whether it's at dinner or in the hot tubs. My next cruise I'm doing the Cloud 9 Spa pass and hoping I'll just meet some people in that area to chat with all the time. It's kind of odd the first time, but if you just stay open and happy, you'll meet people no problem.

Edited by JediSkipdogg

Solo cruising is the best! I'm about to go on my third solo cruise in 6 days, I can't wait!

I too thought that a little the first time, but that quickly sib-sided on my first solo. On my second solo it quickly confirmed the awesomeness of solo cruising I learned from my first one. Onward I go to my third for 9 days,will be the longest one.

Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Seems like everybody wants Mahildia to go with them.LOL. I know this topic is old, Figured Id update my status. I just booked a cruise on Carnival Glory for Nov 25 2012. Its going 7 days to Western from Miami. Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan Honduris.

I will be alone on this cruise wearing my Kilts as always..:D

I'm going from Galveston the follow week! I just love Kilts too!

I think there is quite a difference between singles cruises, and those that sail solo

I cruise primarily by myself, "with" someone

Just a cabin mate, til now a female, not sure how comfortable I would be with a male cabin mate

Most of my "roomies" have repeated, so I must not be too hard to get along with!

The nice thing about having "someone" with you, while still being able to do your own thing, is that your roomie can watch your stuff, someone to eat with, and just kind of a "buddy"

It's not a 7 day date thing for me, just to cut the cost so I can cruise more!

One of my previous cabin mates put it this way:

"men are better to room with, they are handy for luggage, they take up less real estate and time in the bathroom, but they make more "noises"

It's been a bit easier now to find room mates, I actually turned down 2 offers in Jan on the 2nd leg of a back to back on the CCL Dream because I want the cabin to myself, I know many of the group that's going!

I am travelling solo and while my friends suggested the Epic for the studio cabins (maybe too big ?) or the Star (maybe an older crowd?) I am 53 and just want to have a fun experience.

I am divorced and this will be my first solo/single cruise

Input appreciated

Chris

Waooooo....same question I asked myself.

Have friends I met on another cruise going on the Star....but then the Epic is a new ship and I wanted to experience new and big.....so booked the Epic TA but not in the Spring.

Good luck with that decision....was a difficult one for me!

AJ

I am travelling solo and while my friends suggested the Epic for the studio cabins (maybe too big ?) or the Star (maybe an older crowd?) I am 53 and just want to have a fun experience.

Input appreciated

Chris

You can find this single male aboard:

Carnival Splendor: Dec 16-23, 2012

Carnival Inspiration: Mar 18-22, 2013

Disney Wonder: May 20-27, 2013

Carnival Miracle: Oct 13-19, 2013

Hoping for lots of fish in the sea, because I'm casting the net! :D

I will be sailing solo 23 January 2013 on the Norwegian Jade to Greece Italy and Turkey.

Then I am on the Independence for the Transatlantic in April travelling with a lady I met on the bus to Manchester airport when we discovered we were going on the same cruise. This was about four years ago and we have been on a few together and a few seperately {different ships }but seperate cabins. We prefer it this way we can get together for meals or trips if we want but there is no pressure to spend all our time together.

Mary

Input appreciated

Chris

I have been on 9 cruises since Sept 2009 with 6 of them being by myself. I have sailed on Carnival (2 times....never again), Costa (ok...would do again if the price was right), Royal Caribbean (ok...would do again if the price was right), Holland America (wheelchairs and walkers, but would do it again, if the price was right) and Norwegian(4 times)....LOVE NCL the best....Just did a TA on the Epic...while NCL is my favorite line, I DID NOT like the Epic....at all. It IS way to large of a ship with more people than what I want. It is impersonal where as the other NCL ships makes me feel like a part of a family, the epic, did not.

Waooooo....same question I asked myself.

Have friends I met on another cruise going on the Star....but then the Epic is a new ship and I wanted to experience new and big.....so booked the Epic TA but not in the Spring.

Good luck with that decision....was a difficult one for me!

AJ

I really hope you enjoy it AJ, but unless something changes between now and then, don't expect the attention with Karicia that you had on the Spirit. I understand why you want to experience it, and I wish you luck. Still hoping you will change your mind and come on the Star...

Thank you Kathy, I do have more questions for you (You have a friend who gave me your name on the NCL forum). I wanted to contact you earlier but I was upstate all week winterizing my house, now I am back in the city and will be able to concentrate on this cruise business.

What was the age average for the passengers on your cruise in the Spring?

I would like to have fun (nice conversations with dinner, drinks at a piano bar and some dancing).

I like Crystal, but really not the best choice if you are 53 and single.

Chris

I have been on 9 cruises since Sept 2009 with 6 of them being by myself. I have sailed on Carnival (2 times....never again), Costa (ok...would do again if the price was right), Royal Caribbean (ok...would do again if the price was right), Holland America (wheelchairs and walkers, but would do it again, if the price was right) and Norwegian(4 times)....LOVE NCL the best....Just did a TA on the Epic...while NCL is my favorite line, I DID NOT like the Epic....at all. It IS way to large of a ship with more people than what I want. It is impersonal where as the other NCL ships makes me feel like a part of a family, the epic, did not.

I really hope you enjoy it AJ, but unless something changes between now and then, don't expect the attention with Karicia that you had on the Spirit. I understand why you want to experience it, and I wish you luck. Still hoping you will change your mind and come on the Star...

Thank you Kathy, I do have more questions for you (You have a friend who gave me your name on the NCL forum). I wanted to contact you earlier but I was upstate all week winterizing my house, now I am back in the city and will be able to concentrate on this cruise business. OK...wonder who that was....LOL

What was the age average for the passengers on your cruise in the Spring? Just guessing, I would say that the avg age was prob around 45-55.....on the Epic (the one that I just did....it was 57)

I would like to have fun (nice conversations with dinner, drinks at a piano bar and some dancing). We had a blast because of our roll call. We had happy hour every day at 5-6:30...then we would walk to the atrium and wait until 6:45, then all go to dinner as a group.....we would have anywhere from 12-30 of us.....some of us would be at one venue at 10 for whatever was going on, dancing, game shows or whatever ....anywhere from 5-20 of us, then at 11, we would head to the disco where again there would be anywhere from 5-20 of us, but could be and most of the time was a different group. We would dance, drink and party until the wee hours of the night

I like Crystal, but really not the best choice if you are 53 and single. I have never cruised on Crystal, but I have heard it's an older crowd.

The main thing that I KNOW, join in on the roll call. I have gotten to where I will look at the roll call before even booking a cruise. It really does make all the difference. Don't go into a cruise thinking you are going to "hook up"....altho it does happen....it's a long shot. I cruise solo because either my friends that has money doesn't have the time or those that has the time doesn't have the money. Out of 9, 6 has been solo. I am booked on several more right now, just because I LOVE to cruise.

Chris

Any more questions, just ask. I will help if I can

Thank you....

Kathy, you are my kid of girl, but please tell me, How do I get to look at the Roll Call if I am not registered on any ship yet?

Chris

PS: Do you like dancing? I think your friend's name is Mark, he asked me to join the Star

Any more questions, just ask. I will help if I can

Thank you....

Kathy, you are my kid of girl, but please tell me, How do I get to look at the Roll Call if I am not registered on any ship yet?

Chris

PS: Do you like dancing? I think your friend's name is Mark, he asked me to join the Star

I look at the roll calls to see which cruise has the most activity.....that's where I want to be....LOL...You should join us on the Star. There are a few of us that were on the Spirit together in April that will be together on the Star (Mark included) The Star goes from New Orleans to Copenhagen arriving on May 7. Then on May 11, I will be on another cruise going into the Baltics for 7 nights. THEN, will prob tour Europe a week or so before flying home.

Does she like to dance? She even dances to commercials............she LOVES to dance.....don't know where that woman finds the energy.....

LOL @ AJ.....As AJ said......I LOVE to dance...only I don't "ballroom" dance....would love to learn, but even if I took lessons, I wouldn't have anyone to dance with, nor anywhere to dance (except on cruises)

Shall I add you to my dance card on the Star?

CruisinChaos, I have considered a singles cruise but I find myself slightly intimidated by them. Don't know why since I have never been on one. Maybe because I'm recently single.

The Oasis is a ship I would like to sail that is for sure.

I was on three 10 day cruises B2B2b back Thanksgiving 2010. To my surprise all my tablemates were singles traveling alone. What were the odds of that? It can be awkward finding singles because you just do not know if someone is really single. But everywhere you go you meet people. I am leaving in two weeks from Venice on a 20 day cruise from Venice on the Crown Princess. You never know and well at least the people you meet know enjoy something that you do.

Wow, What a great idea for a thread! Glad to see that it is still going after 2 years..

(over 42,000 views as well...)

What the heck- here it goes.

Single Dad- Taking my teenage son on the cruise with me with a lot of friends (all married and with kids) so would like the opportunity to share a couple of "Thirsty Frog Reds" on board Carnival Magic for Thanksgiving 2013 with a fun crowd.

-Boomer

Edited by BoomerHouston