Warning Dream deck 8 aft 9A wraps

jetwet1

Well at last I found a good quality picture of the aft of the Dream, looking at it I couldn't help but notice the deck 8, 9A aft wraps are in fact, not wraps.

LINK

To me it looks like a divider cuts into the balcony before before the balcony wraps around and the 2 8C cabins have a wrap balcony.

Needless to say the deck plans show the 9A's as having the wrap, but the pictures clearly show they don't.

Or am I seeing things ?

Oh here is another picture, if you zoom in a little the divider is clearly there.

LINK

I see no divider!

Am I losing my mind here ? Deck 8, two decks down from the lido.

You will see the door then two windows with lights on, that is the 9A, now to me that is a divider cutting across the balcony, though I will say, it is 3.20am here, so I could just be going crazy :rolleyes:

Am I losing my mind here ? Deck 8, two decks down from the lido.

You will see the door then two windows with lights on, that is the 9A, now to me that is a divider cutting across the balcony, though I will say, it is 3.20am here, so I could just be going crazy :rolleyes:

I see what you refer to, but it is not what you think. Go to your 2nd photo. Look at the last (farthest aft) Stbd side Deck 6&7 balconies, the last ones before you get to the 9A's. You can clearly see the divider placement there. The Deck 8 divider above it is hanging open, but is still in the same relative position. This makes the 9a on deck 8 stbd side still a wrap, the port side can be assumed to be symmetrical (but who knows), so the port cabin shrinkage may just be an illusion due to the angles, like holding a fish at arms length to make it look bigger. ;)

Edited by Snorkel2Much

I have the 8 D on the 9th floor, which looks like it is missing windows, but so dark and hard to see, there was a huge price difference in that wrap so I am not sure what I am missing, any suggestions

Don't know, there is a full wrap on it, a pole in the middle of the balcony.

Looking at the picture taken at night the only real wrap is the one on deck 7, the one on deck 6 kind of wraps and the 8D on 9 wraps around as well, but deck 8 stops before there is any wrap around.

Snorkel, I see what your saying, but to me that wrap part is actually the balcony to 8469, the deck plans do show that has a larger than normal balcony.

The daylight picture showing the port side shows a divider before the hull curves around, from what I see.

I seriously need to figure out how to put a nice red circle around what I am talking about.

I am searching for more pictures now.

Ok I just checked through shipspotting, those are the best ones, I guess more will show up.

I see no divider!

Well I do ! and an extra ! for emphasis :p

Edited by jetwet1

I don't know if this link will work but I will try

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/rw/989882/Ship+Photo+Carnival+Dream.JPG

make sure you click on the picture of the ship as it will enlarge it so that you can see things really well.

Clicking to enlarge, deck 6 and deck 7 look like full aft wraps, but I agree, Dave, deck 8 doesn't look the same!

Clicking to enlarge, deck 6 and deck 7 look like full aft wraps, but I agree, Dave, deck 8 doesn't look the same!

That pictured helped. I saved it onto my desktop and opened it with Windows Picture Viewer and zoomed in on the decks. Deck 8 the cabin on the port side gets the wrap while on deck 6 it looks like the balcony is larger but it does not "wrap" that much. Deck 7 looks like the only full aft wrap cabin to me...

Edited by CruzVinnieCruz

what cabin # do you have? we have 8466 on the next sailing!

We have this cabin (far in the future)...please bring back lots of pictures. PLEASE!PLEASE!PLEASE!

By the looks of the picture, the balcony doesn't look all that big. May have to change cabins.

Yup - we are in 8466 - I was so hoping that this was the best cabin to book as our friends are right next to us aft and another couple next to them. It would be too late to change now :( Hopefully you'll come back from your cruise with high marks for this cabin. Have a great time!!!

Since you are looking at Dream pictures of the cabins, please help me. I'm booked in a SPA Balcony Dec 3 2009 # 12203. Are the Dream Spa Balconies like the Spa Balconies on the Splendor? No roof or are the Dream Spa Balconies covered????

Thanks

Leedm

Since you are looking at Dream pictures of the cabins, please help me. I'm booked in a SPA Balcony Dec 3 2009 # 12203. Are the Dream Spa Balconies like the Spa Balconies on the Splendor? No roof or are the Dream Spa Balconies covered????

Thanks

Leedm

It looks like they're covered, but I can't be 100% sure.

Well at last I found a good quality picture of the aft of the Dream, looking at it I couldn't help but notice the deck 8, 9A aft wraps are in fact, not wraps.

LINK

To me it looks like a divider cuts into the balcony before before the balcony wraps around and the 2 8C cabins have a wrap balcony.

Needless to say the deck plans show the 9A's as having the wrap, but the pictures clearly show they don't.

Or am I seeing things ?

Oh here is another picture, if you zoom in a little the divider is clearly there.

LINK

I don't see a divider on all of the wrap balconies. Take a good look with magnifying glass. Why don't you reserve your judgement until you have better pictures?

Yup - we are in 8466 - I was so hoping that this was the best cabin to book as our friends are right next to us aft and another couple next to them. It would be too late to change now :( Hopefully you'll come back from your cruise with high marks for this cabin. Have a great time!!!

No problem I will certainly send back lots of pics! Also my friend on the same sailing has the aft wrap on Empress deck starboard, so we will be able to give you lots of details!!

I chose 8466 because it was in the middle of passenger decks. We have only has mid ship balcony before so this will be interesting!!

Mel

I don't see a divider on all of the wrap balconies. Take a good look with magnifying glass. Why don't you reserve your judgement until you have better pictures?

Yeah I may off jumped the gun, from the pictures it really does look like it to me ,I also have a 20MB picture which was sent to me and it is really clear on that, but you can't post anything close to that rez on here :D

I have a little history with Carnival and their deck plans and what is actually there, it was something along the lines of where is my balcony ?

Looking at deck 8 it looks to me like there is two dividers leaving some dead space between the balconies of the 9A and 8C, this would be the first time I have seen this.

As Judy says, we have people going on the Dream next week, lets get a first hand look and reserve judgment till then.

Mods feel free to delete the thread please, I will post once there is clarification next week.