Considering CrosiEurope Cruises

shrimp56

We are from the UK and will be going on our third croisieurope trip in May (Bordeaux ) having previously sailed the Douro and the Rhine . We appreciated the shorter trips available and have taken five day voyages. We have enjoyed them a lot - yes the passengers are mainly French but announcements and tours are available in English too. It represents real value for money - much more of a no frills experience but goes to all the same places as the more upscale companies. Good food and wine are first rate too - though there is no choice at meals. However you can always ask for something different if it's not to your taste. Cabins are on The small side but have everything one needs. It's the largest river fleet in Europe and their expertise shows as they are very professionally run. Our Douro cruise was affected by high water levels so we couldn't get all the way by boat but they went the extra mile to make up for what we missed with extra entertainment and tours. I would definitely recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on an Croisieurope boat on 2013 from Paris to Normandy.

The entire week trip was a charter by a US travel company from the Midwest. I did not like the set menus for lunch and dinner without any choices. I am not a fussy eater, but I do like alternatives especially when paying the price you pay for a river cruise. One night venison was served. Lunch was a drawn out affair with courses just like dinner and it lasted at least an hour. It really did not give you a chance to go back to your cabin and relax before heading out for the afternoon activities. For dinner we were assigned to a table with the same companions for the entire cruise. Again there was no choice. We like to mingle and have a chance to talk to a variety of our cruise companions.

The boat was well taken care of and the crew was great. All of the passengers were from the US.

Like apuleius I am also a London based cruiser and I will be taking my third Croisi cruise this July. Having taken a trip on the Danube and around the Adriatic this year it is the Douro. I agree with everything apuleius has posted and I hope to review my cruise when I return. I have found that although (if not chartered by a TA) the majority of passengers are French many other nationalities are represented. Indeed I remember on the Danube being told there were 14 nationalities speaking 12 languages. After seeing posts about the age groups on other lines I would also suggest the average age of Croisi passengers is lower than most. Having seen family groups of pre teens, teens, parents and grand parents on board both times.

I have booked the Sept. 24, 5 day Seine cruise RT Paris and am looking forward to the trip. It's something I've always wanted to do. It hits a special place I've always wanted to see, but driving is really the only way and that's Honfleur. I'm also looking forward to the museum at Chateau Martainville.

Thanks so much for your feedback.